PDA

View Full Version : Those Pesky CC Members!

kwobtchan
08-31-2003, 02:16 AM
Hmm, I'm on disc two, headed for Balmb. I keep trying to cue a game with Jack and he just won't co-operate! I've won about 20 games in the garden so far- is there something else I need to do to get him to play me?

Mr. Graves
08-31-2003, 02:27 AM
They wont offer to play a card game with you until the beginning of Disc 3. They won't bother playing you before then,

Zifnab
08-31-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm fairly certain you can play them on Disk 2. Perhaps try playing people around that Balamb Map where you're supposed to meet Jack, then running off screen then returning. I seem to recall that the running boy has something to do with it.

BG-57
08-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Jack is found in the main entrance hall with the directory screen. He walks from the bottom of the screen on either side of the planter.

I'm pretty sure you can't do this subquest until disc 3. But don't try to complete it the moment it becomes available, because some of of the upper level members trigger advancement of the plot when you talk to them.

ShivaBlizzard8
08-31-2003, 06:56 PM
I think the CC group is disc 3 as well, although I started building up a collection of rare cards on disc 2. The boy running laps around Balamb Garden isn't part of the CC Group, but he does have the MiniMog Card, and the Trepies hanging around in the classroom have Quistis' card. Having these rare cards in your inventory will certainly help you on the quest, regardless of when you persue it.

Spatvark
08-31-2003, 08:21 PM
*ahem* (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff8/tipsandtricks.shtml#15)

kwobtchan
09-01-2003, 06:05 PM
OK, I'm now at the start of disc three and I've found Jack... who will happily talk to me about cards but not play me! Is there something I'm supposed to do before I go challenge him? It's getting rather frustrating...

~*Crystal*~
09-01-2003, 09:24 PM
The trick is to make yourself known in the Garden. Meaning, the CC group must have heard of your reputation before it challenges you, 'cause they only challenge worthy opponents. So, you've got to play your way through the Garden to gain a reputation.
About 15-20 games with random people should do the trick.

My suggestion is to try and get as many cards up to Level 6 (all if possible, except for the first one of Level 5, the PuPu Card which you can't get until the PuPu quest.). You'll get Level 7 and higher by playing the CC group. Whenever you beat one suit, try and get as many of his/her/their cards as possible, as they'll be highly useful in the following suits.

A good source of cards, as well as an easy player is the guy sitting on a bench outside the library.

Just a hint: There's a member of the CC group, no-one will tell you about. He's the Joker. It's the guy in the Training Center, from whom you can buy items. But if you challenge him to a card game, he'll tell you that he's the Joker. He's at the screen with the 'platform' wearing a green jacket and a yellow cap. If I remember correctly, you can get the Leviathan card from him.

Good luck!

Lena
09-02-2003, 12:35 AM
If you want the CC Group to play with you, you must have a good level as a card player. As someone else has said, you can play against them in Disc2, but through disc 1 you must have collected some rare cards like:

Card Location
Mini Mog the kid running along the Garden has it
Quistis Trepie Groupie #1 in the cafeteria
(heŽs the guy on the back)
Siren barŽs owner in Dollet
Zell his mom
Angelo Watts

Also if you play to a girl in Galbadia Garden (sheŽs in a room with 2 other boys talking about cards) youŽll acquire level 5 or 6 cards (Gerogero, Abadon, Trauma, Shumi Tribe, X-ATM092, Iguion, Crysta, etc.) If you get more powerful cards, youŽll earn greater reputation and Jack will challenge you on Disc 2. The other CC GRoup members are:

CC member Location
Card Knight Club A guy that walks near the
dorms.
Card Princess Diamond the 2 girls in front of the
Directory
Card Prince Spade A guy near the elevator on
the 2nd floor.
Card Queen Heart Xu (sheŽs in the 3rd
floor "bridge")
Card Master King Quistis*
Card Magician Joker a guy in the Training Center
(he appears from time to
time)
*In order to play with Quistis, you must defeat the other CC members and then go to the Infirmary and play with Kadowaki. After this, she tells you about the King. Go to your room and rest...Quistis will appear and challenge you.
Of course you can win rare cards to the CC members (specially Xu, she has Carbuncle, and Quistis, she has Gilgamesh. Joker has Leviathan.)

kwobtchan
09-03-2003, 08:27 PM
KYA! Thank you everyone! I finally managed to cue this quest. Though I did have one rather unusual thing happen- according to my tally, I played a total of fifty games before it agreed to run O_O. Well, stranger things have happened in Final Fantasy games I'm sure (and these were with 10+ different characters, incidentally).

I am now the VERY proud owner of a Carbunkle card.

Now, to chase down that Doctor Kadowaki...

PS- I've also found joker and relieved him of his Leviathan card.