PDA

View Full Version : I know there's many blitzball threads, but help me out...

skatehippie
08-31-2003, 08:44 AM
hey everybody, is it just me or is it near impossible to do anything with the !@#$ team they give you?

i've hired 4 players, i think....dropped one of them. only two original Aurochs remain on the team (not counting Tidus).

yes, Datto and Jassu have proved their worth and leveled nicely, although they still suck and will be replaced as soon as i scout better players (i'm at lvl 3 scout).

so, where has anyone found good players for hire? it'd probably be a good idea to hire the opponents that don't get re-signed, but ususally they don't get resigned for a reason...

oh, and isnt it funny how the guado glorries and ronso fangs fire half of their kind from their team? doesn't that defeat the purpose? oh well.

so yeah, i've hired Ropp, which is an Al-bhed i guess. he's a godly defense guy. and i've hired Kyou, a crusader standing on the bridge outside of Djose temple (i think), and he is an awesome goalie. now if i could only find good offensive players i'd be all set...anyone know of any good players for hire?

PhoenixAsh
08-31-2003, 08:59 AM
If you don't mind playing cheesy Brother owns.

Tidus should be able to hold you, espescially if you have Jecht Shot.
Wakka is pretty good too.

I really dunno though. I decided on my replay to keep the Aurochs together. I feel kinda bad selling them after the beginning.

Breine
08-31-2003, 11:58 AM
When you get the airship hire Brother ... I think he has good status in shoot.

§håd0w
09-07-2003, 02:59 PM
His shoot isn't the best. But it's one of the best that you can get, next to Shammi and Wakka. He has a ungodly amount of speed though.

Deathclaw
10-02-2003, 03:12 PM
My favorate (and very cheap) team is

LF: Tidus
RF: Wedge (Gaurd in Luca Stadium)
C: Brother (airship)
LD: Kyou (either by the sphere theatre or gaurding djose temple)
RD: i forgot his name, but he's wherever Kyou isn't
G: If you can get nimrook, he rocks, but you probably can't so get durren (He's training outside yojimbs' cave) but right at the end of the game he disappears, so you might a well get jumal (in luca sitting on a bench outside the cafe)

Personally i like playing with the original aurochs- it's a hell of a challenge. Enjoy!

NM
10-02-2003, 06:44 PM
If you've got the Airship sign up Wakka. Rin is also available on the airship as is brother.

Theres a good defender you can pick up in the shop on the Mi'ihen high road. Also as already mentioned theres Kyou near Djose Temple.

Once you have a team that can win games just try to sign up players who don't have there contract re-newed. The Al-Bhed tend to be the best ones.

§håd0w
10-03-2003, 01:43 AM
Come to think of it... Wakka really sucks when you first resign him. But he's better later on.