PDA

View Full Version : Yuna in FFX-2

Lonely17Princess
09-01-2003, 12:25 AM
You know how Yuna changed in FFX-2? I think she was better in FFX. She was so innocent and selfless but now what happened? She's like the come and have sex with me type now. It totally ruined her character.

§håd0w
09-01-2003, 12:43 AM
Shouldn't this be in the FFX-2 forum?

soulICE
09-01-2003, 05:53 PM
not to mention that the game hasnt even come out yet in some parts of the world (all i know is American version comes out in late fall) so not everyone can give an opinion about Yuna's attire yet.

from pics ive seen, yeah maybe she's changed her attire, but so has everyone. she doesnt have to wear the summoner's robes which i thought she was wearing in FFX anymore for obvious reasons.

reminds me of one of the threads from the FF7 forum.. :rolleyes2

Brian The Pink Shark
09-02-2003, 07:47 PM
People change all the time

kwobtchan
09-03-2003, 09:17 PM
The New Yuna- love the outfit, not loving the personality from what little I've heard with regards to it. I can't really imagine a person clad as she is being much like the Old Yuna though... maybe it won't be so bad.

Kenshin IV
09-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Yuna is now Lara Spears (or Britney Croft if you'd rather). She's a double gun-tootin' pop star who wears skimpy clothes! I really love how all of a sudden she's become a master gunsman, too.

The new looks are retarded, and Square has official gone from being a company who cared about making good games, to a company that cares only about making money. They know that all they have to do now is stick the name "Final Fantasy" on a big piece of turd, and people will go out and buy it in the thousands.

Xander
09-05-2003, 05:42 PM
Well I think Yuna looks hot. :D

And maybe you (as in anyone) shouldn't judge the game just by what the characters are wearing. Of course Square cares about making money why would they make the first Final Fantasy otherwise and every one since? But I'm sure that they still don't want to lose their fans by making a crap game.

A lot of people seem to be putting FFX-2 down already, even before they've played it, just by the look of the character's clothes or the fact that Yuna sings.

For me I like the fact that FF's change, and if FFX-2 was too much like FFX what would be the point of it?

Anyway isn't Yuna trying to find TIDUS? I'm sure she's not trying to attract a bunch of people that she can have sex with.
:rolleyes2

Kenshin IV
09-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Of course Square always cared about money, but they also cared about making the best possible games they could make. Final Fantasy VII would have sold millions even if they didn't delay it for however long they did, but they didn't want to release it 'till it was perfect. Now, they care ONLY about money. They pulled X-2 out of their ass, and gave the girls some skimpy clothes and big guns to help it sell more.

Bahmant zero
09-05-2003, 07:34 PM
to ture, ive been ranting 10-2 is a sell out for ages, well rather its got a new target market, not ff fans but action gamers so you have been betryaed. i draw comfort that ff10-2 has had bad reviews and low sales to put square off doing this again. i think ill rant abit more.

the characters had never had any depth, real past or good personality that made scence when comparded tot her character.
there both one long road dungeon with a hut at the end, then a boss. The story is simple boring and linar, you know the hole story at the start and the grahics arnt drop dead gorgous, in fact the crap when you look around abit, and look at other consoles. Theres no real town exporing or story focus in towns, the hole game was fighting which got boring, there is still no world map, aeons have been scrapped, yuna has gone through an unrealistic personaity change and her attire is unesserey, if shes famous shell be spotted anyway and if shes going someplace linarly far away no one will know who she is or care so the was no need to dress her like a whore to attract a new target adduience.

this games a big pile of sell out turd thats flopped in the jap market and its gonna be blown out of the water in the european market. i would be embaressed to be seen buying this crap and i dont know anyone who likes ff10 and 10-2. thank god they sore sence and scrapped rikku's ff10-3.

Xander
09-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Well I can't disagree with any of your views, Bahmant Zero (isn't that Bahamut..?) until I play the game, so I will have to wait until it's released here, but I am going to be playing it to see for myself.

But Yuna dressing like a whore? What makes a whore is how she acts not how she looks, and Yuna isn't one, simple as that. I mean what, should all FF characters cover up all their flesh now, I mean this is 2003 not 1903.

If you don't know anyone who likes FF10 go and look at "The positive FFX thread" in the FF10 forum and you'll find plenty of people.

All I'm saying is you may have your opinion but I'm not going to diss any FF game that easily, so I shall wait until I play it for myself before I start arguing that it's great or anything.

But as for Yuna....get over her clothes people! :rolleyes2

Bahmant zero
09-05-2003, 09:33 PM
i dont really know anyone is the postibe thread, thats just 5 people sayingt he same things. i prefer to spell it bahmant for 2 reasons, 1) im not a real dragon so i want to vary my name a little, and 2 its easier to spell. roll on 1903! i know this isnt the point of games but i want to play them for enjoyment and the storys they tell not to gawk at some pixal breat so i prefer more in touch choice of clothing, but thats my twisted view. i would rant more but im tierd but all my hate is based on facts or experince or there wouldnt be any bases to hate with (im experenced in this as im mean and grumpy)

Xander
09-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Look some people like FFX some don't, it's the same with every Final Fantasy game, who cares whether you like it or not is up to you.

However you say your hate is based on facts, it's not fact it's just your opinion and not everyone thinks the same! You just seem to be judging the game by Yuna's clothes which is a bit narrow minded, but if you have played the game and don't like it, that's fair enough!

The thing is I don't base my opinion of a game on what others think, a lot of people here think Tidus is a wimp, or whiny and all that, and I didn't think that at all. His voice also never bothered me. And no matter how much people say the voices sucked, I will still stick with the opinion that they didn't.

Anyway, my point is that I don't care if you liked the game or Yuna, but I think it's a fact that she isn't a whore, and I still believe that Square would have worked hard on the game to provide a good gaming experience.

It just seems that the moment there is anything slightly "new" or "different" in a Final Fantasy, everyone is rushing to slag it off. Can't we just be openminded to these changes?

Leia
09-05-2003, 09:58 PM
*Turns into some form of cheerleader!* ;) Go Xander! Go Xander! Go Xander! As for X-2 'flopping in the jap market' didn't it sell like millions of copies I read somewhere? Or was that X? Both? Anyway, doesn't matter which one because X was great and X-2 looks good too! Anyway let's stick to topic- Yuna's changed because she's grown stronger! People change image! And she's finally free from duty! Also whoever said she was searching for tidus is what she's doing- she's not off to sleep her way through the characters! lol!

TheAbominatrix
09-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Quite simple. Tifa dressed like a 'whore', everyone says that makes her a whore (no arguments on whether Tifa sucks or not here, please). Yet she didnt do a one whore-like thing the entire game. Celes sang in VI, it was completly plot related and nobody complained.

If you dont think you'll like the game, dont play it. It isnt even out in most of the world yet, but everyone and their brother has found their way too complaining about it. Just like they complained about X when they saw the pictures. Just like they complained about IX and VIII. And I'm sure every other game before those.

Wait till you play the game before you freak out about it, or simply dont play it at all. And Leia is correct, X-2 is doing incredibly well in the Japanese markets. Yuna's dressed differently, so what? She's trying to avoid being recognized, she's growing as a person, and heck maybe it's a hot summer? Check out the skimpy sprite clothes on Terra and Celes back in VI. Those dirty tramps!

Bahmant zero
09-06-2003, 09:48 AM
actually its not doing well, its doing poorly. people said ff10 was crap before its realse, and they where right. i feel important part parts of my post where ignored for your falming benifitt so here it is again, most people hate of ff10-2 comes form ff10 and facts and info realesed about the game, im not imaging hate for one reason and im tired of repeating all the reasons why i hate it SO READ MY HOLE POST DAMN IT!

Leia
09-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Bahmant zero
actually its not doing well, its doing poorly. people said ff10 was crap before its realse, and they where right. i feel important part parts of my post where ignored for your falming benifitt so here it is again, most people hate of ff10-2 comes form ff10 and facts and info realesed about the game, im not imaging hate for one reason and im tired of repeating all the reasons why i hate it SO READ MY HOLE POST DAMN IT!
I DID READ YOUR WHOLE POST DAMMIT! No need to shout! Now you should read all mine...

Thursday morning Final Fantasy X-2 went on sale in Japan. The game was a instant success in Japan with crowds beginning to form as early as 6 in the morning. By the end of the day it went on to sell 1.2 million of its initial 1.8 million copies shipped!!!

And about X....
The company also announced that FINAL FANTASY X has been added to Sony Computer Entertainment America’s "Greatest Hits" series.

Sounds like a real poor game,eh?
:rolleyes2 I'm very aware that people don't like X and, in that case, it's pretty inevitable they're not going to buy X-2 so stop being so "mean and grumpy" and stop going on about your reasons for not liking it because this thread states ' Yuna in FFX-2' not ' Reasons for hating this game'...

And thank you TheAbominatrix for your post too!
:)

Radje
09-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Please as Xander said don't say your own opinions are fact because to many they are not.

Compaer New Yuna to Tidus, Tidus wore clothes that almost completely reveals his chest and legsetc, now that Yuna decides to looks similar you call it skimpy, common sense people

§håd0w
09-07-2003, 12:03 AM
They both have a point. It'll only turn into a flame war

Greeneyes
09-07-2003, 12:27 PM
The reasons for FFX-2 selling millions in Japan are not because it's a great game but because it's a sequel. It's like the Harry Potter / Lord of the Ring / Star Wars / series. Once you see them or read the books, you'll definitely get the sequel. People fork out money to see what happens next...not because they think it's great. In Japan, the post-game reviews of FFX-2 haven't been that great. It seems people still miss the old Yuna, Auron & especially Wakka & Tidus ( the surfer-dude thing seems to be quite popular in Japan).

I think most of the stuff on this thread has already been discussed to death in the " I GOT FFX-2!! " thread.
Let's drop it. It's getting tired.

§håd0w
09-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Well put Greeneyes

Kindo
09-11-2003, 06:52 PM
It's true that Yuna has had the biggest change in clothes. "She's a double gun-tootin' pop star who wears skimpy clothes! But I'm honestly more disappointed in Rikku's new look. She's damn near naked now! It's annoying and frustrating that Square did something like this. And if that rumour about the girls talking boobs while relaxing in the hot spring is true, then it's even worse than I feared.

Burrgle
09-14-2003, 02:41 AM
I thought the whole "I think they are wearing to little in ffx2" Thing was over, I dont see anything wrong with it, I dont remeber anyone calling Shiva a slut or anything

Leia
09-14-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Greeneyes
The reasons for FFX-2 selling millions in Japan are not because it's a great game but because it's a sequel. It's like the Harry Potter / Lord of the Ring / Star Wars / series. Once you see them or read the books, you'll definitely get the sequel. People fork out money to see what happens next...not because they think it's great.
... yeah but they have to like the prequel first. I wouldn't get the next Harry Potter book unless the prequels were any good. However, let's not go to war lol. Let's all settle here and now- ppl don't like X and X-2 and some ppl do. Back on topic once again.... good point Burrgle and radje, characters in FF have long been wearing next to nothing especially Shiva!!!! Let's just leave Yuna alone and judge for ourselves when the game actually comes out.

ChibiInuYasha
09-14-2003, 05:28 PM
This is hillarious! I swear, people must see Square is doing something different (which has happend in every FF) And say "Well this is different! I will be the one to make prejudgments and say horrible things about it before I play OR for that matter, even know ANYTHING about it!" I'm going to remain neutral for now even though everything I've heard about the game has been very good. I will deffinatly get it because I have faith in Square. They haven't let me down thus far. And just because a character looks different, is no reason to completely rule off the whole game as rediculous. It's ignorant, and makes you look like a fool.

Sefie1999AD
09-14-2003, 05:33 PM
I think we should just wait until the game comes out and then decide about Yuna. It's not good at all to be so prejudiced. And BTW, Yuna didn't change that much, except for what she wears. In the Japanese version of FFX, she was always a determined, independent and cheerful character. Not shy, really. So if she's like that in FFX-2 too, she hasn't changed much, just got a better fashion taste. The reason why you all thought she was a goody-goody girl who follows religion, is quiet and shy and needs to be helped by others is because the way how that extremely bad-quality English voice actor portrayed Yuna. The English actor plain sucked and she gave us a totally wrong picture of Yuna.

Originally posted by Kindo
It's true that Yuna has had the biggest change in clothes. "She's a double gun-tootin' pop star who wears skimpy clothes! But I'm honestly more disappointed in Rikku's new look. She's damn near naked now! It's annoying and frustrating that Square did something like this. And if that rumour about the girls talking boobs while relaxing in the hot spring is true, then it's even worse than I feared.

I don't think any of the characters have too little clothes or are too revealing. None of them is as bad as Yunalesca on that matter. The almost-naked pictures were some promotional art Square had given out before the game's Japanese release, and the whole game isn't like that. Here, look at these pictures that are taken from the game:

http://seph99files.homestead.com/files/Yuna.jpg http://seph99files.homestead.com/files/Rikku_Paine.jpg

See, they aren't that bad. :D

The scene about the girls relaxing in a hot spring is true. I've seen that scene. However, they do not talk about boobs there, and they are not naked there.

You guys are making too big an issue about this. The situation isn't that bad. I've seen girls wearing less even in cartoons, such as Disney's Mulan and The Little Mermaid.

Bahmant zero
09-14-2003, 05:38 PM
ChibInuYasha, you are perhaps the biggist moron ive had the pleasure of listening to in a long time, and thats saying something as uslly i would never isult someone. Have you been reading our posts or just "fill in space here?" we do have alot of infomation about the game for a start, and plus the fact that its prequal has been played by many. We have been stating reasons for our dislikes, not just hating it for the pure sake of it. Is that really hillarious?. Im not agaisnt square doing something new, infact thats what each ff is, but there seems to be a severe dip in quailty along the way to most ff fans. Now one in here is a fool or ignorant except you ChibInuYasha. do some research beofre you post next time it may save you a little imbrassment.

ChibiInuYasha
09-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Well maybe you did provide a little more info Bahmant, had I been able to read ANYTHING you type! The only thing I saw was you're angry because Yuna is dressed "slutty" And the only thing you've done here is in your words "imbrasse" yourself. I asume you meant embarass. What I did was say exactly what I felt was going on here. I'll have you know I read every post on this thread to hope maybe, JUST MAYBE someone posted something accurate which you clearly didn't do. And I quote this games a big pile of sell out turd thats flopped in the jap market and its gonna be blown out of the water in the european market. i would be embaressed to be seen buying this crap and i dont know anyone who likes ff10 and 10-2 Ok. It's obviously done amazingly well in Japan as said earlier in this thread. And BTW "no one likes it?" My friend maybe YOU need to do some reading cause there are several people in this thread alone that like it. What you have done is make up a bunch of crap and expect everyone to belive you and feel as you do. In not so many words all you have done is cause YOURSELF EMBARASSMENT. Thank you.

Leia
09-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Bahmant zero
ChibInuYasha, you are perhaps the biggist moron ive had the pleasure of listening to in a long time, and thats saying something as uslly i would never isult someone. Have you been reading our posts or just "fill in space here?" we do have alot of infomation about the game for a start, and plus the fact that its prequal has been played by many. We have been stating reasons for our dislikes, not just hating it for the pure sake of it. Is that really hillarious?. Im not agaisnt square doing something new, infact thats what each ff is, but there seems to be a severe dip in quailty along the way to most ff fans. Now one in here is a fool or ignorant except you ChibInuYasha. do some research beofre you post next time it may save you a little imbrassment.
I repeat... let's not go to war! Bahmant, can you please get over your hatred of X-2 for one second and actually get on subject? Please? It's about Yuna and her new look so stop insulting other ppl and post about that! Oh and Sephiroth1999AD good example- Yunalesca was the other one I was thinking along the lines of and I agree it is a big fuss over nothing- as I said before we can't fully judge until the day we get it! :D

crono_logical
09-14-2003, 06:08 PM
Bahmant zero, if I find you flaming anyone else at these forums, don't expect to stay here much longer. And you should think before calling others fools anyway, you yourself could be thought of one for veering the thread's discussion off topic and not typing in coherent English, which should be expected of someone in the UK.

Bahmant zero
09-14-2003, 08:28 PM
i see a patern here.

people who dont like ff10 are flamers who cant say anything.

ff10 lovers can flame all they like as far as i see from ChibInuYasha. Is that what you mean beacuse thats what happens almost all the time on these forums.
I dont really care about my spelling, i dont see many people nit-piking either when other people talk is politness and curtasy dead?

and on topic beacuse aparntly im the only flamer on this whole board beacuse i dislike the game, i find dislike choice of clothing for the characters. they look like people from a rocky horror show or even the cheeky girls *shudder* I also find it amazing that all three charaters adopt the exact same dress style. i wouldnt let rikku 30 feet near my wordrobe if i had to go to sixth form dressed as a girl in hotpants with strange ribbons on my back.

ChibiInuYasha
09-15-2003, 12:46 AM
I see you've improved your spelling
Let's try not to get into another flame war here.
Ok, so maybe the outfits are a LITTLE revealing. But I think they reflect on the girl's personality.
Rikku is a young spicy girl with lots of attitude.
Paine is dark and mysterious, very cold and silent. (I'm reminded of Squall's personality AND outfit)
And now we get to the big one. Yuna. Ok lets think about it. She was a summoner, which whom are expect to dress in ceremonial garments I assume. Now she's able to show who she really is for once (even though she still has to keep a low profile) And BTW wasn't it said in the "Another Story" Bonus CD that she Borrowed clothes from Rikku?

Sefie1999AD
09-15-2003, 07:56 AM
BTW Has any of you seen Yuna as a White Mage in FFX-2? She looks even more goody than in FFX. I really hope you don't consider her White Mage outfit sluttish.

Baloki
09-15-2003, 07:11 PM
......but the many see sense.

If you put some of your own rules to the test, why are you assuming that because FF10 is an FF game it is going to be good, every company makes a stinker on the odd occasion and so Square-Enix are making 2 in a row, that don't matter, I have put away childish things because I have seen 11 and its gonna blow you away!

kwobtchan
09-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Does that count as a flame? Please tell me it does @_@.

Baloki
09-15-2003, 08:00 PM
your twisted, of course its not a flame, it is an opinion and one that I hold, so please stop looking for war, this thread has already made it clear they don't want it.

Bahmant zero
09-15-2003, 08:03 PM
well there are lots of ppl on here they count as a diffrent oppion as a whinning flame and they flame about it and get away with it. *held up agner towards flamist (not baloki)*

ChibiInuYasha
09-15-2003, 11:56 PM
HAHA!! Ok, so someone speaks against FFX and you take up for them. Well I pray for the death of this thread cuase it's caused nothing but trouble. I think the points has got across anyway. ;)

m4tt
09-16-2003, 12:04 AM
Do I have to seperate you two? I believe you were already warned about flaming, Bahmant. If you don't like the way someone is talking, use that nice little warn button next time, k?

Same goes for you, ChibInuYasha.