PDA

View Full Version : a ribbon... hey! who knows how to get a pretty ribbon?

Marie_des_Anges
09-01-2003, 04:50 AM
Hi everyone. Yes, I am a newbie. I have a quick question, though.. how in the nine circles of hell do you get a Ribbon in this game!? A friend of mine has it, but she can't remember. I've read somewhere that you have to Morph a Tonberry to get it, but every bestiary I've checked seems to think that the Tonberries don't exist.

Can anybody help me out here?

Storm
09-01-2003, 06:09 AM
Go to the jungle type part of the Northern Crater and you will fight Master Tonberry. Morph him, and you've got a ribbon.

Marie_des_Anges
09-01-2003, 06:15 AM
Oh, goody! :) Thanks a million!

zacks_clone
09-01-2003, 02:30 PM
sorry,dont remember...but i never morphed anything in my game,so thats not how I got it

BorIzEE27
09-01-2003, 06:18 PM
You can also get one in the temple of the ancients.

ShadyMilkman
09-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Oh goody? do you have any clue how hard it is to morph one of those things? I've been working on getting a ribbon for each member for a loooong time. Master Tonberries have ridiculous HP and you have to try and get it wthin a few hundred, a thousand or so if your lucky without using Demi. Demi heals him. >_<... Good luck.

§håd0w
09-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Door 9 in the T. o. A. leads to a ribbon. I think it's 9, but once you capture the mage in door 10, you can't get it. And tonberrys are most commonly found on the left path (at first fork) and then the right (second fork.) That area has a lot.

Raistlin
09-02-2003, 02:11 AM
I thought it was door 6...Ah well, I can't remember.

Anyways, you can also get one on the Gaea Cliffs, climbing to the North Crater. There's a hidden room inside...when you're crossing a bridge over the entrance area, just keep running and you'll run through the icewall into a secret room. There's a ribbon in the chest.

Also, in the Special Battles at Battle Square. To get the Special Battles, you must win both the W-Summon and Omnislash items, and also have Cloud's Ultimate Weapon. Then, you'll get the option to have the Special Battles. You have to use Cloud. The...third enemy, I believe, is a Ho-Chu. Ho-Chu's are a helluva lot easier to morph than those Master Tonberries.

Marie_des_Anges
09-02-2003, 07:36 AM
And another "oh, goody" from me. Since I've already gotten past the Temple of the Ancients, (stupid me, and I spent like ten hours there too, trying to get Great Gospel... as a result my party was at lv 50 at the end of the 1st disc... stupid stupid me!) I guess I'll have to go with the Ho-Chus and the Tonberries... I wish myself luck. :) Thanks again!

DarkNation
09-02-2003, 10:09 PM
It is hard to morph tonberries but youll might find it easier if you use yuffie's conformer weapon. You can find it on the sunken gelinka.

Marie_des_Anges
09-02-2003, 11:16 PM
Does it matter if I don't use Yuffie very much? I mean, I got the Conformer for her, but I think I used her once, and that was for the Wutai subquest.

Numisma
09-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Marie_des_Anges
Does it matter if I don't use Yuffie very much? I mean, I got the Conformer for her, but I think I used her once, and that was for the Wutai subquest.

i believe the reason why you should use her for morphing while equipped with the Conformer is because when she uses Morph, the amount of damage she does to the enemy is the same as a normal attack, unlike all other characters' Morph attacks or when she is equipped with any other weapon. however, that's what i've HEARD. i have not tried.... yet.

§håd0w
09-04-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Raistlin
I thought it was door 6...Ah well, I can't remember.

Anyways, you can also get one on the Gaea Cliffs, climbing to the North Crater. There's a hidden room inside...when you're crossing a bridge over the entrance area, just keep running and you'll run through the icewall into a secret room. There's a ribbon in the chest.

Also, in the Special Battles at Battle Square. To get the Special Battles, you must win both the W-Summon and Omnislash items, and also have Cloud's Ultimate Weapon. Then, you'll get the option to have the Special Battles. You have to use Cloud. The...third enemy, I believe, is a Ho-Chu. Ho-Chu's are a helluva lot easier to morph than those Master Tonberries.

Lol... I can't remember for the life of me. I just remember it being a multiple of 3.