PDA

View Full Version : mouse not moving?

syun_ukiya
09-01-2003, 09:04 AM
is this a virus or what? every morning I had to restart my PC almost 6 times before I can use the mouse. The odd thing is it happens almost every morning! I'm so pissed!

crono_logical
09-01-2003, 12:48 PM
What sort of mouse is it? Serial or USB or PS/2? Is it plugged in properly? Try cleaning the rollers where the ball makes contact inside the mouse if it's not an optical one. Or maybe the wire at the end that connects to the mouse is faulty - try the mouse on another PC or a known working mouse on your PC to see which is acting up.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-02-2003, 11:24 AM
I bet it's a USB one. I had this same problem a while ago, then I realised it had an adaptor to the PS/2 thing or whatever.

But yeah, sometimes my computer has trouble connecting to the USB ports too.

syun_ukiya
09-03-2003, 12:56 PM
cleaning the rollers? No. I think the problem is on my system. When my mouse is not moving I checked the system status and it says disabled. Dunno why the status is diabled in the first place and enabling the option is no use. After 6 times restarts the mouse works! And get this it happens every morning! Damn what is this!

Endless
09-03-2003, 07:46 PM
You can either:
- Bring it back to the shop if it's still under warranty and try to get another one/brand
- Buy a usb->ps/2 adapter if your mouse is usb and doesn't have one sold with it
- Use the usb->ps/2 adapter that comes with it if there is one.

If it's USB, Spiff might be right since I have sometimes problems with my USB modem that prevent XP from loading the login screen (I just need to unplug/replug the modem to fix it).