PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else think Hades was a total pushover?

Freya Coral
09-01-2003, 09:27 AM
I found him incredibly easy. Even though Zidane's level was in the 80s and everyone else was in the 70s, I would have thought he'd be a lot harder. He didn't even perform his Curse attack where it causes all the status effects. In fact, I defeated him within three or four rounds.

What are everybody else's thoughts on him?

Cz
09-01-2003, 02:52 PM
If he completes his countdown before you beat him, he's hard-ish. But I was at around Level 60 when I beat him, so I didn't have any trouble.

ShadyMilkman
09-01-2003, 11:26 PM
Yeah, if he counts down his sword, he'll either use curse, te same one that Ozma uses. Or he will use Doomsday, which will heal him because he absorbs dark element. He is a hard and fun... or as easy... as you want him to be. Or am I the only one who sometimes purposely handicaps myself in order to make some bosses harder?

§håd0w
09-02-2003, 02:00 AM
I beat him on the way to Kuja and Necron at level 49. Way too easy

Jack
09-16-2003, 08:44 PM
I was about 46 when i kicked his undead ass.

Yet my guide said he was hard!

Kindo
09-16-2003, 09:03 PM
How well prepared for him were you? I mean, if you used some sort of guide to get lots and lots of info/strategy about him first, I can understand he felt easy.

§håd0w
09-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Legolas63
I was about 46 when i kicked his undead ass.

Yet my guide said he was hard!

HE WAS AN UNDEAD!??!?! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

How well prepared for him were you? I mean, if you used some sort of guide to get lots and lots of info/strategy about him first, I can understand he felt easy.

You don't really have to prepare for him. I didn't. I just had everyone equipped with their ultimate weapon, except Vivi, since you can't get it that early. Well you can come back to him, but it wasn't worth my time.

Kindo
09-16-2003, 10:24 PM
Aah, so you knew where to find everyone's ultimate weapon the first time you played the game? :)

§håd0w
09-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Not really. I just looked around. Since I found a couple hidden save points, I figured there would be other hidden items. And besides, I did a lot of tresure hunting on Choco.

Nova Dragon
09-17-2003, 02:54 AM
I always found him pretty easy. But then again usually by the time I get to him my party is able to pumble the ass of any of the FF IX monsters and bosses (except that damned Ozma!)

ShadyMilkman
09-17-2003, 02:57 AM
(except that damned Ozma!)

Guys, Ozma isn't that hard if you use Quina right. I beat Ozma using Quina by himself on Lvl. 65.... Just IM me or mail me and I'll tell you about how to do it.

Nova Dragon
09-17-2003, 02:59 AM
I do very much appreciate the offer and you don't know how much I want to take you up on it but I am determined to beat Ozma the first time myself.

Thanks away!;)

Meow
09-17-2003, 03:50 AM
Personally, i didn't find Hades much of a challenge. i'd heard in passing that he was a challenging boss, so i was apprehensive about fighting him, but he really didn't pose much of a problem. Party at, oh, i'd guess about level 60, and no prior knowlege of the the battle or specific strategy.

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by ShadyMilkman
Guys, Ozma isn't that hard if you use Quina right. I beat Ozma using Quina by himself on Lvl. 65.... Just IM me or mail me and I'll tell you about how to do it.

He's hard as hell if you beat him at levels as low as 49.

Zantetsuken !!!
09-17-2003, 09:21 PM
I've beaten the game on lvl 47, Hades was TOOO EASY, but Ozma gave me some Trouble, but Odin ( why do i always have to bring Odin up to my replys ?) kicked the Marble crap out of that marble spongebob squarepants thing.:tongue:

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Isn't Ozma immune to Sudden Death?

Kindo
09-17-2003, 10:36 PM
I can bet you my Oglop farm that he used the Odin's Sword ability. :)

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Ohhh... I forgot that Dagger can learn that if she has the Ancient Aroma. I was wondering for a bit. But that makes sense now.

Zantetsuken !!!
09-18-2003, 01:45 AM
Yup ancient aroma= odin sword +pumice piece= boost+ dark matter= Odin, heheh, Just need that stuff to use Odin maximum power :cool: , i will have to say it again cuz ODIN ROX;)

Cz
09-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Hades isn't undead, in the game, or in mythology. He's ruler of the underworld, but a god, like the ones on Mt. Olympus.

And Ozma can be defeated at Lv. 1 with the right use of tactics. It's just getting to him at Lv. 1 that's the problem.

Kindo
09-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Yeah, Hades is not undead, he's a demon. So Devil Killer and Holy attacks works well on him.

Yeah, if you know the right tactics, Ozma is very easy even at level 1. But so is almost every boss in all games. It's just a matter of experiencing the game on your own, without outside interference, atleast the first time through. All I have to say about you guys who slammed both Hades' and Ozma's asses the first time through, and thought they were easy... you got lucky. I had devilish problems with both of them. Beating a boss that is challenging to you is much more satisfying. :)

§håd0w
09-18-2003, 12:53 PM
I never said Ozma was easy, lol. I just said Hades I beat on the way to Kuja at a pretty low level. And why didn't he inflict multiple status ailments like in FFVII?

Zantetsuken !!!
09-18-2003, 04:52 PM
I've never said that Ozma was easy, i just said that im good:cool: , joking, u just got to know how to use ur party well, but for Necron and Hades, come on they're too easy, i was very dissapointed with the battle against Necron, the first time i defeated him i was lvl 47 the same when i defeated Ozma, i guess i defeated him in 10 or less turns, when i used Odin (with odin sword abilitie) and Necron died in 10 turns i was with my mouth open, then i said to my friend who was watching: i cant believe that i killed that dude in 10 turns !! But anyways, the game is great and i love it, thats what is important;)

§håd0w
09-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Yea. Ozma is hard no matter what. Hades was probably harder than Kuja and Necron combined. I had Vivi and Zidane in trance... it was over like that. Not to mention everyone had autohaste. Necron got 2 turns in before I raped him.

Cz
09-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Kindo
Yeah, if you know the right tactics, Ozma is very easy even at level 1. But so is almost every boss in all games.

Sorry, I didn't really make myself clear. Ozma at Lv. 1 is made easier largely because of the wealth of equipment that you possess at the end of the game. You have every ultimate weapon, ability, and piece of armour. These make your low level less of a hindrance. He's still very hard, of course. But not as impossibly hard as you might think.

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Black Mage 121
Sorry, I didn't really make myself clear. Ozma at Lv. 1 is made easier largely because of the wealth of equipment that you possess at the end of the game. You have every ultimate weapon, ability, and piece of armour. These make your low level less of a hindrance. He's still very hard, of course. But not as impossibly hard as you might think.

How do you get him that low anyways?

Cz
09-21-2003, 03:42 PM
You don't fight a Lv. 1 Ozma, you fight and defeat Ozma at Lv. 1. Looks like I made a mess of stating my point again. :D

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 05:23 PM
Ok, that makes sense. lol

Angel_Reaper
10-15-2003, 02:36 AM
Undead jerk was toooooo easy for me and i was at level 40 something. :rolleyes2

ShadyMilkman
10-16-2003, 02:04 AM
Let's pleeease get one thing straight: HADES IS NOT UNDEAD!!!!!!! He is a mythological god of the dead. Not undead himself.

Angel_Reaper
10-16-2003, 02:09 AM
I thought he was. o_O

Flare_Star
10-21-2003, 09:13 PM
hades is simple. how can he do much damage sitting in a chair!? i beat him with a team:
zidane lvl 54
steiner lvl 52
vivi lvl 50
dagger lvl 49

pummeled him with bahamut and grand lethal.
tip: put your whole team in the back row to lower the damage of cleave and other such attacks.

p.s did i mention i did not have bolt3, fire3, ice3 or flare? this was my first try of the game though...

§håd0w
10-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Hades can be hard if you don't take him out early... Which I learned the second time through the game.

FinalFantasy_89
11-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Whats the big deal about Hades...He's kinda easy...I just used Shock and beat the crap outta him before he even uses his sword. My characters were only 40+ in level...

Marvin the machine
12-02-2003, 01:17 PM
He was way to easy.
Try to kill Ozma he is really, really hard.

Fiero Firestorm
12-02-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm a compulsive under-leveler. I do, however, manage to beat most of the bosses I face in one try, so one could say I'm pretty good. I'd like to point out, however, that I don't go looking for every single extra I possibly can, which makes me that much better. If I don't kill a boss the first time, I generally drop its ass pretty quickly the second time.

However, I'm still on disc 3 of FF9, and I'm too busy doing other things [school, programming, roleplaying, and the like] to try and get further. Despite all that, I don't mind being spoiled, because words aren't going to prepare me sufficiently for the actual thing. Basically, what I'm saying is, if I manage to smack Ozma's ass at a level under 49, I'll be sure to let y'all know.

§håd0w
12-03-2003, 01:47 AM
I wish you the best of luck if you try that. I was around level 80 before I ever thought about going back and fighting Ozma. Good luck my man.

Gene Ohm
12-04-2003, 12:30 PM
the only hard thing in this game is that jerk in chocobos garden, everything else is easy - completed the game at late lv40 to mid lv50s on my first try means i can say that :)

Christmas
05-28-2022, 02:20 PM
Hades scares me as a kid. I tot it was supposed to be as cute as the one from Disney. :(

Quindiana Jones
05-28-2022, 06:54 PM
Ha-deez nuts.