PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Suggestion

Linus
09-02-2003, 02:07 AM
Let's make a forum where people can ask for help with school stuff, like formulas, or feedback on essays, and stuff.

Honestly though, you closed it up right when school's starting. =\

Mr. Graves
09-02-2003, 02:11 AM
Yeah. :/

Agent Proto
09-02-2003, 02:16 AM
Yeah, <strike>sucks to be you</strike>. Just use General Chat for that thing seeing that the forum wasn't really being used at all. =/

Shoyku
09-02-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Linus
Honestly though, you closed it up right when school's starting. =\

Yamaneko
09-02-2003, 03:25 AM
Here, use this (www.google.com), it works wonders.

Agent Proto
09-02-2003, 04:01 AM
Yeah, that's even better.

Shlup
09-02-2003, 05:40 AM
I'd use Help for a question that would require an explaination, like a math concept or something, and General Chat for more immediate and large-scale help, like when I had to interview people of different religions so I just put up generic questions and asked people to fill it out.

Loony BoB
09-02-2003, 07:24 AM
Eyes on Each Other is good for surveys, too, I've found. =P Both Logie & I have done that.

crono_logical
09-02-2003, 10:30 AM
Like it was actually being used a lot last time school was open :p Yeah, Gen.Chat is ok for most surveys/questions, or EOEO if it's more serious, possibly Lounge depending on it's content, or Help Forum as a last resort :p

Raistlin
09-03-2003, 02:41 AM
Or you can just ask yourself, "What kind of loser goes to a Final Fantasy message board for school help?" :D

Doomgaze
09-03-2003, 03:53 AM
Us.

edczxcvbnm
09-04-2003, 12:32 AM
The Study Hall forum has always been a mistake. It was created because at the time there was a lot of questions that were school related being asked so the forum was made.

The questions died down and so did the forum. The same thing has happened to the world events forum. There isn't much worth discussing right now so the forums is dead and it was a mistake to create also, I believe.

Citizen Bleys
09-04-2003, 12:43 AM
You may have a point there. The call for World Events was pretty short-lived.

edczxcvbnm
09-04-2003, 01:07 AM
Of course the world events was short lived. The whole thing came about because of the deal in Iraq. And most of the threads in the forums were around the time leading up to it and it was controversial. After we went in there was not as much worth talking about because what is done is done. Now there isn't much worldwide that everyone can really talk about.

Mr. Graves
09-04-2003, 03:29 AM
Not to mention all the flaming that took place in there.

Agent Proto
09-04-2003, 03:43 AM
We can always use the World Events as sort of our "Politic and World News Forum" Seeing that some people like to debate about that kind of stuff, and most of the members don't.

PhoenixAsh
09-04-2003, 07:38 AM
It's been relegated to sub-forum already. It's not harming anyone by sitting there waiting for something big to happen.
Besides I still don't see how it was flamed any worse than most other forums.

Agent Proto
09-04-2003, 01:50 PM
The flaming there usually gets noticed and taken care of quickly anyways. So it shouldn't be a real concern.

Citizen Bleys
09-04-2003, 04:49 PM
When I'm cranky and looking to bust some heads, I go into World Events hoping to find someone stepping just a *little* out of line so that I can go postal...

Problem is, everybody's always behaving when I go in.

Madonna
09-04-2003, 06:02 PM
If you want, I can go on about how I don't like the Chinese. It wouldn't necessarily be true, but I'd stick my neck out for a friend.

edczxcvbnm
09-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Agent Proto
We can always use the World Events as sort of our "Politic and World News Forum" Seeing that some people like to debate about that kind of stuff, and most of the members don't.

Most people don't want to talk about FFMQ but for those of us who do then were do we go? Sure you can say general FF but I can say the same for the FEW topics on world events that get brought up. Just post it in General Chat or EoEO.

PhoenixAsh
09-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Yeah Eds got a point. If you make one forum based around an atrocity of mankind that destroyed lives and the reputations of people worldwide then surely you should make two.

Flying Mullet
09-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
Yeah Eds got a point. If you make one forum based around an atrocity of mankind that destroyed lives and the reputations of people worldwide then surely you should make two.
Now now...FFMQ wasn't that bad.

Shlup
09-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Get rid of World Events or keep it. Its not like its a big deal.

Agent Proto
09-04-2003, 09:56 PM
I say we keep it, because you don't know if there'll be a lot of complaints if "Bush or some Democrat" wins the Presidency next year.

Citizen Bleys
09-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Das Lynx
If you want, I can go on about how I don't like the Chinese. It wouldn't necessarily be true, but I'd stick my neck out for a friend.

The invasion of Tibet was unacceptable.

edczxcvbnm
09-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Agent Proto
I say we keep it, because you don't know if there'll be a lot of complaints if "Bush or some Democrat" wins the Presidency next year.

Which would probably limited to 1 or 2 threads at the most. How many different topics are need to complain about who won? Unless it is a whole Court decision like last year when the election just wouldn't end.

No one is going to dicuss the primaries or how bush may not be on the ballot in some states because the GOPs national convention falls after a lot of states deadline to put a canidate on the ballot. No one cares about that kind of stuff besides me and maybe like 2 other people.

I say the forum should go(I'm just saying).

It is ultimatly up to you guys. I just feel that forum takes up space that could be deleted. It will be just like before that forum existed where most of those topics dropped like a rock because no one cares about them. Then people will learn to post only news that is either crazy and we can all make fun of or something big.

Raistlin
09-05-2003, 01:01 AM
You should make an "Old News" forum, where people can talk about the stuff that <i>would</i> have belonged in those forums that were deleted. So, you'd have a Study Hall-World Events(possible)-Xenogears forum. It'd be awesome.

eestlinc
09-05-2003, 08:47 PM
merge them all with the Bruckner forum.