PDA

View Full Version : Guilds & PVP

Valarm
09-02-2003, 03:18 AM
Two of the most important parts of a game for me.

Was hoping that some of the beta testers could resolve some questions for me befor the release.

Are there ways to form guilds in the game? And if so what are the prominent guilds in the game now? Does PVP exist in the game and if so how does it work?

Thanks.

Lionx
09-02-2003, 04:34 AM
No PVP

Guilds i am assuming a Linkshell where you can talk to ppl inside it only.

Jeristo
09-02-2003, 05:56 AM
No PVP yet. I think that they have something available for PVP, but they just aren't using it yet. I think that in a later patch it will be available. No real info on it yet, just rumors.

Krystic_WLA
09-03-2003, 02:35 AM
doesnt he mean guilds as in fishing guild and boneworking and all?
or im a blanking out here?

Lionx
09-03-2003, 04:47 AM
In EQ and other MMORPGs Guilds is the equivilant of a Linkshell so thats what i am assuming unless he says otherwise.

Valarm
09-04-2003, 12:16 AM
I can't say that am sure what a Linkshell refers to, but if any of you are familiar with Ultima Online guilds in that game are a group of players that form a single group and belong to a guild stone which gives the guilds title and all its members’ names.

Jeristo
09-04-2003, 03:49 AM
Well, can't say that I've played Ultima Online, but what you're describing definitely sounds like the linkshell system.

If you want a fairly decent site to check out, go to:

http://www.ffguild.com

It has a linshell section that describes everything better than I can.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-04-2003, 01:32 PM
ahh and the FFXI "Lingo" was born......

Now nubs/newbs will be easily identified by the fact that they don't know what linkshell is.....

Not you Valarm .....but other peeps who are nubs/newbs......

inlineskating29
09-04-2003, 11:17 PM
guilds or either clans or the boneworking and fishing guild

Valarm
09-05-2003, 06:40 AM
Thanks everybody. And I guess I'll take that as a complement Nakor The Blue Rider. LOL Can't wait to play with you all if I'm lucky enough to end up on the same server as the rest of you. Thanks again.