PDA

View Full Version : Learning new spells...

Jeristo
09-03-2003, 09:41 AM
Okay, I know that this is probably an obvious or way over-asked question, but how do you get the new spells?
Is it like FFV where you have to buy them?
Or is it like almost all of the others where you learn them by leveling up those jobs?
I feel stupid asking such a simple question, but now that I've thought about it, I don't think I've seen this info anywhere else. So I was hoping the mighty beta testers could help out. :D

Lionx
09-03-2003, 09:50 AM
You buy the spells then you can learn them after you reached the appropiate lvl and have the right job.

Like you can buy Water for 500 gil, but you cant learn it til your lvl 5. Once you use the scroll that holds the spell, it disappears and the spell is yours permanently(unless you die and lvl down below the requirements).

Jeristo
09-03-2003, 09:35 PM
Ah, Thank you.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-04-2003, 01:28 PM
so you probably don't want to go buy the newest most expensive spells available if you have a tendancy to die or get "level-downed" (Whatever that is called)

I can see that being a problem for me.....

But then again I am always an unlucky Magic User.....

Grand Lethal
09-04-2003, 07:51 PM
If you die and level down, you still keep the spell in your list, but you just can't use it... trust me it has happened to me with Raise... If only ou could raise yourself when you die lol... we reraise... but yeah... *rambles*

inlineskating29
09-04-2003, 10:39 PM
wasup grand letha this is off topic but what is your name in beta

and y do u got to buy them

Grand Lethal
09-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Name in Beta is Grandlethal. And you have to buy because thats what the man says you have to do.

Jeristo
09-05-2003, 03:39 AM
You know, I just can't see a taru being named "Grandlethal"...so mighty a name for something so small...that's just wrong.

When I make my taru character, it's gonna have a more APPROPRIATE name. So far, it's a toss up between "Deadly Mighty Warrior of the Apocalypse", and "The Almighty Slayer of Death" :D
.....or perhaps a combo.

It's really too bad that they don't allow for names like that.