PDA

View Full Version : Flat screen question

Flying Mullet
09-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know of a good flat screen 19" monitor that actually changes resolutions rather than adjusting the size of the image on the screen?

What I mean is that for a lot of flat screens out there if its default resolution is 1024x768 and I want to set the resolution to 800x600 to check q web pages compatibility with other resolutions, the flat screen shrinks the image on the screen(with a couple of inches of black border around it) rather than actually change the resolution of the monitor.

Peegee
09-15-2003, 09:24 PM
Shoiuld you go to a computer store and ask that question? I ask because it seems to be more helpful, rather than one of us going "yeah just get the NEC MultiSync FE700" (it's my flat screen BIG BOX MONITOR NOT THE "typical" FLAT SCREEN YOU PROBABLY MEAN).

*nod*

Edit: my dad has the other style of flat screen (the one with the thin monitor case) and it changes resolutions okay. It is an IBM monitor.

Flying Mullet
09-15-2003, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I could go to a computer store, but I'm asking this for a friend at work, so I don't know what he's done. I know that he's done a lot of research on the web and compared a lot of models. I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone had any suggestions for him.

Endless
09-15-2003, 09:42 PM
If you mean TFT/LCD, I don't know (I never had one), if you mean CRT (htr regular, big ones), then I'd advice you into getting thr Iiyama <a href="http://www.iiyama.com/pages/startseite.asp?0|1|0|0|0|0|0|1|0|472">HM903DT</a> (Vision Master Pro 454), which is a flat screen (DiamondTron).