PDA

View Full Version : Rinoa, the Roundheels? [SPOILERS]

kwobtchan
09-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Hmm, interesting question posed to be my one of my friends last night, and I was wondering what all fo you might think. As I said in the title, spoilers HO!

How did Rinoa convince Cid to send her some SeeDs if she couldn't pay? My friend is quite convinced she slept with him. Personally, I think Rinoa and Seifer, based on thier conversation towards the end of disc two, is much more likely. Both perhaps? She DOES have a rebellious streak after all.

Wrexsoul
09-03-2003, 09:29 PM
....oh, my! I never thought such a thing!

I'd always figured Cid helped her out because her situation was so urgent, and like she said, he's "such a nice man." *shrug* that's all there was to it...

Yeah, the end of disc two DID make me wonder.......... but then I decided I rather wouldn't know.

TheAbominatrix
09-05-2003, 02:41 AM
Even though I'm pretty firm in the belief that Rinoa is a tramp, I think Cid just helped her out because she needed it. Maybe he had some interest in doing so because he had a vested interest in that somehow, perhaps he knew Edea was about to come to power there soon. I dunno.

Big D
09-06-2003, 07:18 AM
SeeD always works for noble/just causes, not just anybody who'll give them money. The Forest Owls had good intentions, so Cid was prepared to help them for a reduced fee.
TheAbominatrix, as usual, has some interesting and clever ideas too. Cid knew that events were heating up, so he did his bit to help 'fate' come to fruition.

Someone will soon post, explaining how this situation proves R=U, I'm sure.

Bahmant zero
09-11-2003, 04:39 PM
i always thought he did it beacuse he knew the edea was going to pop up, and blah blah blah you knownthe rest altough its possable she slept with sid, i mean his wife wasnt around....

ShivaBlizzard8
09-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Personally, I think Cid helped her out because he is a genuinely nice guy, and enjoys helping people in need (His lack of concern for payment is probably one of the reasons the greed-ridden NORG hated him so much). I believe he would have assisted the Forest Owls regardless of whether it had anything to do with Edea or not. I don't think Cid was planning on the rebel group intersecting with the Sorceress anyway; he seems very regretful throughout the game that Rinoa got involved with the sorceress battle at all, since it originally had little to do with her. As for some sexual aspect - god, no! First of all, that is completely against Cids' personality - he's softspoken, obviously adores his wife, and treats his students as if they were his very own children. Cid is a fatherly figure to Rinoa, just as he is to Quistis, Seifer, Squall, and the rest. Thats' ALL. ;)

As for Seifer, I'm not going to argue about the nature of the Rinoa/Seifer relationship, because I've detailed my opinions on that in quite a few threads already. However, as kind as Cid is, he is also a very busy man, and I don't think he meets with anyone who just shows up on the steps of Balamb GARDEN. Therefore, Rinoa had a rare oppertunity to talk to him as a result of knowing Seifer. He obviously did it as a favor to her. Do I she owed him a sexual favor in return? NO. Do I think they were previously involved? YES. You can read more of my thoughts on that here: http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35691&perpage=30&pagenumber=1 :)

IamTidus
09-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Well I think that Cid helped out Rinoa at a low low cost was because of her relationship with Seifer. I have thought for some time that Cid is Seifer's father. So he probley new Rinoa well new she was a good person and said what the hell you can have these 3.

Eartha
09-21-2003, 05:57 AM
I'm a bit of a fan of the Rinoa=Ultimecia theory, so Ultimecia possesses Edea and has a word with Cid. Possibly.

Aah, yes, and the Seifer thing. I always wondered why he had his card.

Edit by Big D: Use the edit/delete button instead of posting twice in a row.

Squall04
09-23-2003, 06:57 AM
Is there anything else to suggest that Cid is Siefer's father? I haven't played 8 for a couple of months at least, and I've never heard this theory before. Do we know how he came to the orphanage?

ShivaBlizzard8
09-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Like many theories in FF8, there is little evidence to support the notion that Cid is Seifer's father. The main argument for this theory is that Cid has Seifer's card, and most of the character cards in the game are won from those characters' parents: i.e. you can get Zells' card from Ma Dincht in Balamb, and Rinoa's from her father in Deling. However, in my opinon, this is a pretty bad proof since plenty of cards are won from people who have no familal connections at all; a Trepie has Quistis' card, and Irvine's has to be created by a complete stranger. I'm willing to take leaps, but basing Seifer's bloodline on a random side-quest which has little bearing on the plot is too much to ask.

Also, I hardly see any family resemblance between Cid and Seifer, especially if you assume that this relation would make Edea Seifer's mother. I don't see many blondes with blue eyes in there.

Finally, the argument that Cid treats Seifer like an errant son and keeps on giving him second chances also doesn't work. As I mentioned earlier, Cid is a father figure to ALL his students. He treats them all, including Rinoa, as if they were his children.

Unfourntuntely, other than Squall and Ellone we have no idea how any of the other children came to the orpahnage, so Seifer's early history is unknown. The only clue we have is Irvine's comment that there were a lot of children orphaned at that time as a result of the Sorceress War with Adel. This is why I think a prequel to FF8 dealing with the first war and the parents of the main characters would kick ass, but now I'm just blabbering. :)