PDA

View Full Version : Scary/jumpy things - possible spoilers

Xander
09-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Has anything in a Final Fantasy game really scared you, or just made you jump or something?

For me, the thing I am most scared of is Ultima Weapon in FFVII. The first time I saw him on the map I was like Whoa...what the hell is that.. and also everytime I am flying around the world map trying to find him I get really nervous while looking for him.

That and the first time I ever bumped into Emerald weapon (is that the underwater one) it scared me loads when the battle music started up.

A weird thing that makes me jump is, playing chocobo hot and cold in FFIX, when you are searching for a treasure on the world map (after you have got the choocograph for it). It's when I know I'm close to it and suddenly there's that loud "kweh!" it always makes me jump even when I know I'm going to hear it.

Battle music in general is another thing that often makes me jump, it did at the start of FFVII, and FFX.

Flying Mullet
09-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Whenever I play FFVII and the Ruby Weapon is hanging out in the desert I always fly a long ways around the Gold Saucer as I don't want to get in a fight with it.

final boss
09-04-2003, 07:33 PM
The way FFIV goes into battle used to make me jump. Bumping into Emearld Weapon also scared the hell outta me. I made a thread on this once.

m4tt
09-04-2003, 08:04 PM
Emerald and Ultima Weapons in FFVII scared me. Emerald most of all. It's all dark and murky down there, you turn a corner and BOOM there he is! And then I have to change my pants.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-04-2003, 08:40 PM
Emerald does tend to scare a lot of people, once I left the Gelnika, he had cornered me and I couldn't do anything, this did quite frighten me.

Cz
09-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Emerald popped out of nowhere, and made me jump. I can't say I've actually been scared by an FF, only surprised.

ChibiInuYasha
09-05-2003, 10:59 PM
In IX when I peacefully strolling through the world when all of a sudden SHWWOOOOOSHEEWOOSH (battle begins) Get's me everytime.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-08-2003, 08:10 PM
I once had a dream that i was training on goblin island and suddenly when i entered a random battle there was Ruby, and he killed me. Next day I decided to put the playstation away for a wile

Freya Coral
09-09-2003, 06:16 AM
I'd have to agree with Xander about the Chocobo Hot & Cold thing(FF9). When I was treasure hunting on the world map, it ALWAYS made me jump.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-09-2003, 08:49 AM
Duh (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=581749#post581749).

Flare_Star
09-09-2003, 05:03 PM
jeez.... you lot sure are very jumpy....

nothing really made me jump, exept on FFVII when i came out of that ruined thingy in the sea and emerald was just floating in front of me. i wet myself so much that my underwear shrunk.....