PDA

View Full Version : Those Darn Diagonal Buttons

Chaos
09-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Ok, I have the PSX version of FF6, and a normal PS2 controller...one question...how can I get a diagonal button? I need it for Sabins Blitz, but I am unsure of where these newfangled diagonal buttons are on the controller.

Little help?

*cute puppy dog eyes*

Chaos

Flying Mullet
09-03-2003, 10:37 PM
There is no diagonal button, you have to hold in between the two directions, i.e. if it's up-left you have to hold between the two, and move between the three directions in a sliding motion.

sykotikdevil
09-04-2003, 12:36 AM
There is another alternative, assuming that psx works the same as snes. There are two ways to do each blitz, one involving the diagonals, and one not. Here are the ones that do not:

(btw, these are the snes controls, so it wont be X and Y, but whatever the consecutive buttons are on the psx controller, most likely triangle and square respectively since they are in the same locations.)

Pummel - left, right, left
AuraBolt - down, down, left
Suplex - X, Y, down, up
Fire Dance - left, left, down, down, right
Mantra - R, L, R, L, X, Y
Air Blade - up, up, right, right, down, down, left
Sprialer - R, L, X, Y, right, left
Bun Rush - left, left, up, up, right, right, down, down, left

crono_logical
09-04-2003, 03:37 AM
Don't the thumbsticks work? Then it'd just be a matter of rolling them in part-circles around the directions indicated. But since I ain't played it on a PS2, I don't know :p

GogoTheMimic
09-04-2003, 05:38 AM
I don't think that VI is analog compatible, of course, I have been wrong before...

Silent Warrior
09-04-2003, 01:34 PM
FF6 PSX isn't analog-compatible. I'm prodding it as we speak, btw. :)

Just like someone said in 'blitz help', don't worry about the diagonals, just pick one of the included... um... straights, and you're home free.

Xander
09-05-2003, 05:11 PM
There's another way similar to what sykotikdevil said, I'm playing it on PS2 too :)
I posted it in the Blitz help thread but what the hey.
I use
down, left, left - AuraBolt
left, down, down, down, left - Fire Dance

Haven't got any others with diagonals in yet :p

So I guess there are three ways of doing it. I just worked it out by substituting the diagnol by hitting two buttons in the direction it was going.
So if it pointed southwest I would hit left then down, because the next one would be down, in fire dance, and in AuraBolt since the next thing to hit would be left, I went down-left.

Glad I worked that out makes it sooo much easier than trying to hold down buttons and stuff.

m4tt
09-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
There is no diagonal button, you have to hold in between the two directions, i.e. if it's up-left you have to hold between the two, and move between the three directions in a sliding motion.

That's the simplest way, in my opinion. It's what I did with the SNES, it's what I do with the PS2, and it's what I do with my computer controller for emulators. :p

crono_logical
09-06-2003, 03:33 AM
I still prefer rolling my fingers over the directional buttons on the keyboard or on a gamepad D-pad in a circle, easier to do than keep tapping away :p

CloudDragon
09-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Left-up = Left or Up
Right-up = Right or Up
Left-down = Left or Down
Right-down = Right or Down

Meaning, you could use either one to make the blitz work.