PDA

View Full Version : Yessiree

Moomba Misstress
09-04-2003, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure I should even be asking about this, but in looking for a way on my own I've come up with nothing really. Anyway, I've got Random Foolishness on a proboard and I'm lookin for a way to make it so I can have more smilies then the default of the board comes with. By the looks of things I am on the assumption that it takes html hacking or some such. If I even can be helped to do this, what do I need to do? :fd:

Pancaek
09-04-2003, 03:23 AM
I don't know a thing about proboards, but shouldn't there be an option in the admin control panel to upload more smilies?

Yamaneko
09-04-2003, 05:13 AM
Since proboards are remotely hosted message boards they don't allow you to upload anything. What you can do is in the word filter part of the admin CP put something like this:

:D = < img src='http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif' >

I haven't used proboards in a while though.

Moomba Misstress
09-04-2003, 05:47 AM
I know how to get my own smilies. I've done that. I was just wondering if there was a way I could have MORE places to put urls to pictures of simlies to have more smilies in general over all.:fd:

Peegee
09-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Um, as I understand it, you are looking for hosting? You can either host them yourself or put all the smilies on random angel fire sites. Failing that, you can um...make a locked thread with about 300 replies, each with a single attachment of a smilie you want to use in your board. Then you just do the word filter smilie method of smilie increment! yay!

Moomba Misstress
09-08-2003, 10:01 PM
No not hosting. I have simlies I use them at my board. I want the board itself to have room to use more amounts of smilies than it came with. I can only have like 10. I want more!! Well, actually "the people" want more... :fd:

Peegee
09-10-2003, 04:16 PM
If you can't upload, you gotta try other means of getting smilies. Regardless, our advice works for a 'here's a temporary solution until I figure out how to upload'. k?

Moomba Misstress
09-14-2003, 07:00 AM
I know how to upload. That wasnt the question at all. I was in need of a script and I got it all figured out now. Thanks for trying to get what I meant... sorry I couldn't explain better. :fd: