PDA

View Full Version : Real Emotion and 1000 Words, what is the true meaning?

ChibiInuYasha
09-04-2003, 03:46 AM
If you listen closely to the lyrics of real Emotion and 1000 Wrords (Yes I'm making a cruel Engrish joke) I think it sounds like the story of Tidus and Yuna. Well I think real Emotion is more about how Spira and Yuna have changed. Just listen and you'll see what I mean.

Rinna Lee
09-15-2003, 02:12 AM
For me, I think that 1000 Words is about Yuna's feelings. Cause in the English version, the beggining of the song was, "I know that you lied to me". So my guess is that she means that Tidus lied to her about that "I promise i'll come to you when I whistle" promise. Remember when ((SPOILER))Yuna whistles for Tidus and he didn't show up? I think that was the part when she wanted to sing 1000 Words or something like that, right?

ChibiInuYasha
09-15-2003, 02:38 AM
Wow! Someone actually posted! But yeh. I think the song means there's so much that she never got to tell him and she cant stand it, and she thinks it isn't over
She sings "The dream isn't over yet" Tidus was a dream, get it?

Greeneyes
09-30-2003, 04:29 PM
the beggining of the song was, "I know that you lied to me". So my guess is that she means that Tidus lied to her about that "I promise i'll come to you when I whistle" promise.

I believe at that point in the story where Tidus told Yuna about the "whistle" promise, he was not aware that he was just a dream . So technically, he didn't lie to her. He trully believed that he was real and would come back to her. It was only later that he found out the truth.

Besides, Yuna & the others lied to Tidus too. Or rather, they hid the truth from him. No one told him that Yuna was supposed to die at the end of her pilgrimage. It was only when Rikku told him, then he knew

I think the lyrics are really about Yuna/Lenne's anguish about having their love taken away from them suddenly by fate. When you've lost someone you love very much, you naturally get upset and tend to blame them. ( eg, "How COULD you??!! How could you leave me?, etc, etc)