PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts: The Series???

MateriaBladeVII
09-04-2003, 04:38 AM
Hey guys! What's this I hear about there's going to be a television series based on Kingdom Hearts? Is it true? Anybody got any news on it?

Kenshin IV
09-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Yeah, apparently Disney is going to produce a Kingdom Hearts cartoon. Weither it's going to be Anime or an American cartoon is yet to be known. There's a small article on it at animenewstnetwork.com I think.

Breine
09-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Yeah, apparently Disney is going to produce a Kingdom Hearts cartoon. Weither it's going to be Anime or an American cartoon is yet to be known. There's a small article on it at animenewstnetwork.com I think.

Really? Is this true? ... it's probably going to be cool!

MateriaBladeVII
09-04-2003, 09:35 PM
So we know there really is going to be one- but we don't have anything on it yet? We don't know what kind of animation or what the storyline will be? What do we know then?

I hope it's a combination of anime and Disney animation. Just like how they're illustrated for the game artwork designs. That would be cool.

They'd better get Haley Joel Osment, Hayden Panettiere, and David Gallagher to do the voices of Sora, Kairi, and Riku again- that is if they're in it...

Advent Child
09-05-2003, 12:30 AM
they'd better NOT combine 2 different animation styles. it looks TERRIBLE. stick with 1 or the other.

Vaprice
09-05-2003, 02:30 AM
WOW....I mean cool. Yeah I liked the game awesome with Doanld Duck and Sephiroth. That'd be cool but do we really need a animated TV series about it?

MateriaBladeVII
09-05-2003, 02:37 AM
What I meant was how they were drawn- anime for Sora, Kairi, Riku, and the FF characters and just regular Disney drawn for Donald, Goofy, and the rest. I know they can't combine animation styles or it would suck. To have some characters moving only certain body parts like anime while others are really active and fluidly moving would just look stupid.

Anyways, where can I find this article?

Kenshin IV
09-05-2003, 07:18 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com

You'll have to look around for it. It's only one paragraph, they just pretty much say that Disney wants to produce a series to promote Kingdom Hearts 2.

MateriaBladeVII
09-05-2003, 09:43 PM
That's not much to go on. Didn't somebody post a link to another site that gave more details about this weeks ago in another thread?

The article had something to do with an interview with a person who was a voice-actor in Kingdom Hearts (the game) and will be in it's upcoming counterpart series, also, but they didn't want to reveal the name because they weren't given the official go-ahead to reveal the fact that it's in production yet. But I dunno- I can't seem to find that thread anymore... :shifty: Maybe it was deleted...

Rostum
09-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Yeah it'd cool as if they create an anime series on it, I'd defenatly watch it!

MateriaBladeVII
09-08-2003, 09:31 PM
It doesn't necessarily need to be a complete anime because it needs to have Donald and Goofy in it. They could draw Sora, Kairi, and Riku in the same anime style- just animated like Disney does it's cartoons.

ChibiInuYasha
09-09-2003, 12:49 AM
It'd be the best thing that ever happend to the Disney channel and it'd be the only reason I'd ever think of turning on the Disney Channel, but I'm afraid they'll tone it down too much to make easier for children to understand. They better not butcher the story!!!! ><

Advent Child
09-09-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by MateriaBladeVII
What I meant was how they were drawn- anime for Sora, Kairi, Riku, and the FF characters and just regular Disney drawn for Donald, Goofy, and the rest. I know they can't combine animation styles or it would suck.
See, how they're drawn is what I meant, too. If you make them different styles it would look like they just cut and pasted parts from other shows into it. In my opnion stickin' around would have better drawings than this if that's hwo they did it. You have the world's worst taste in everything. *grin*

MateriaBladeVII
09-09-2003, 05:14 AM
Okay- lol. Whatever. In that case, I don't really care what they do as long as they stay true to the game and its storyline and do it well. :goofy:

IamTidus
09-09-2003, 05:28 AM
I would love to see a Kingdom Hearts series. I think it will be them something like Sora Donald and Goofy being sent to all the differnt worlds meeting all the people frome that place hopefully not just Disney worlds and then trying to lock or seal the world. Thats my opinion.

eternalshiva
09-11-2003, 10:54 AM
I agree with that, thay should do the Final fantasy worlds and do something else instead of locking the worlds... But hopefully not a disaster like Final Fantasy the movie *sigh* that sucked and I was oh so hopeful!

MateriaBladeVII
09-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Well what else can you do with a key besides locking and unlocking doors? lol. :laughing: That's what the Keyblade is for! Geez- that's the job of the Keyblade Master! Locking worlds from the Heartless is what KH is all about! lol. Get with it people... :rolleyes:

Advent Child
09-14-2003, 06:54 AM
what else can you do?! FIGHT EVIL!!

MateriaBladeVII
09-14-2003, 08:23 AM
If you just wanna fight evil, you could use any old sword! Oh no- the Keyblade is so much more than just a weapon! It's a key- to lock and unlock the doors of all worlds- and hearts for that matter...

Sure it disposes of Heartless well and attracts them to the weilder, but any old weapon could slay a Heartless. Leon's Gunblade sufficed just as well.

What I'm saying is- they can't get rid of the whole locking worlds premise. It's a major part of the KH storyline.

Advent Child
09-15-2003, 04:01 AM
I was adding onto the list. I know it opens locks and seals worlds.

You're right, they can't.

GhandiOwnsYou
09-25-2003, 04:19 AM
I think it'd be interesting to see how they do the series, but so help me god if they have a cartooned up Squall running around like an asshole making wise cracks..... I would personally assasinate everyone involved with teh project. literally. i dun care if they make him like, a guy they come to for advice once an episode or two, but it would jsut be CORNY in any otehr way.

MateriaBladeVII
09-25-2003, 09:27 PM
If you're referring to the type of thing that they did with Teen Titans, I totally agree. It's totally f***ed up on that show. Like one minute they're their badass, comic book selves and then the next minute they show them all chibi-looking when they're arguing or some crap like that! It's just messed up! The animation needs to remain consistent in a cartoon. Anime-style animation in an American cartoon just doesn't work as well.... :sweatdrop

eternalshiva
09-26-2003, 10:19 AM
*rolls eyes* I KNOW that's what the key blade does I was hoping that the main goal would be different ... like besides just locking the worlds ... but now having spent a few days reflecting my post no longer makes sense

*thwacks materiablade* *stop pointing out the obvious!*

StarlightAngel
07-21-2004, 12:07 AM
As long as they don't take out all dark parts in it I'm good with it. Tho, if Disney does this... ah well. they did pretty good with the game. But if they screw up everything, I'm gonna be in the mood to butcher.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-21-2004, 03:59 AM
I hear ya. Though, i gotta go against the Teen Titaqns reference. even though the anime/american style is a bit offputting, it meshes soprta nice. except those SD moments with fifteen story heads. thats a bit much.

Del Murder
07-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Please don't revive threads from last year.