PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way?

Kana-chan
09-04-2003, 12:56 PM
I was wondering if there was a possible way to defeat the Dark Aeons that I run into if I try to head into on of the temples(except for Kilika) and that mountain pass of Djose highroad (near there).

It's just that I've always wanted to deafeat those aeons, and I just wondered if I had been doing it all wrong.

Could one of you please help me ?

neeber
09-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Yojimbos Zanmato is the easiest way.

And Wakka+World Champion+200 or more str+Attack Reels also works.

DMKA
09-04-2003, 06:44 PM
We don't have dark aeons in america...its not fair :(

soulICE
09-04-2003, 06:53 PM
bah.. we americans seemed to get screwed when it comes to FF.. but since we're the last to get the games (i think.. slap me if im wrong), most of the errors or glitches that were found in the other versions were fixed, but the big suits always make the deadline shorter and shorter for squaresoft, therefore alot of things were left out in order to make the deadline.. where does that sound familiar? oh yeah...FF7!

supposedly the dark aeons are very powerful... but i still wish they made the time to put them in the american version too. and to get my scrawny paws on a ribbon.. *sigh* :cry:

Flying Mullet
09-04-2003, 07:01 PM
The Japanese got the first version of the game. Then Americans recieved the second version of the game. Afterwards the International version was released, which has the Dark Aeons in it and it is what most people in Europe have.

Kana-chan
09-05-2003, 08:16 AM
What's this Yojimbos Zanmato?
Is that one of the Yevvon monks or guado or something?

DMKA
09-05-2003, 01:44 PM
bah.. we americans seemed to get screwed when it comes to FF.. but since we're the last to get the games (i think.. slap me if im wrong), most of the errors or glitches that were found in the other versions were fixed, but the big suits always make the deadline shorter and shorter for squaresoft, therefore alot of things were left out in order to make the deadline.. where does that sound familiar? oh yeah...FF7!
*slaps soulICE*
No us Americans are 99.99% of the time the second to get the games.....Austrailia usually gets them all last, while the UK is just floating around inbetween everyone else in line.

And yeah, FF7...gurrrr....but it still kicked ass the way it was, as did FFX, still, I don't see why "International" version was never released here in the states...not very international, now is it?

neeber
09-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Kana-chan

Yojimbo is a hidden, or secret, Aeon. And he has a chance of striking with an attack that is called Zanmato.

Zanmato instantly kills anything it hits! You heard me... anything.
No monster in the whole world of FFX can stand against a Zanmato.

XeQtR
09-05-2003, 03:36 PM
But, if you want him to use Zanmato you gotta offer him almost all the cash you got. I've never used it before, i just got Yojimbo so that my aeon list will be full ;)

Xander
09-05-2003, 05:26 PM
If your lucky you don't always have to give Yojimbo a lot of money either.

Actually I was wondering about this because everyone says you have to give him loads, so I looked up on the Eyes on FF site the differences between the International and US versions, and found out that "The requirements for Zanmato are more easily met" on the PAL version.

It explains a bit better why he does it so often for me (I have the PAL version), and I never paid him more than 1000 gil when he had his overdrive full and he did Zanmato.

Mind you it does feel like cheating doing this on a dark aeon cos it's so simple and doesn't even give them a chance. I mean c'mon you'd feel cheated if any monster came along and did that on you. :D

Maxico
09-05-2003, 11:33 PM
No, america get almost all games before england. With a few noteable exeptions (silent hill 3 came out in england before it even came out in japan. dunno why)

I say england because i dont know if it counts for the rest of europe.

Kana-chan
09-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Do you find this Zanmato aeon in the Omega ruins?
Since the game said the Yevvon hating exile had become a fayth.

And does that mean there's a way to acquire those beetle aeons? Because there delta attack is really powerful, it had done 99999 on me, although it hadn't needed to unleash that attack since one hit from a dark aeon automatically kills me.
But can I ^^?

§håd0w
09-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Do you find this Zanmato aeon in the Omega ruins?
Since the game said the Yevvon hating exile had become a fayth.

Yojimbo is in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. His Zanmato attack is based on his motivation, the enemy's resistance level to Zanmato, and your compatibility with him (FFVIII reference!!!!) It's not based on how much gil you pay him. But if you pay his full asking price at the cavern, over half of current gil, and never let him get KOd then he will do it more often. I can get him to do Zanmato for as low as 750,000 gil. But it's not based entirely on how much you pay him. So don't think you can pay him 999,999,999 and he will do Zanmato. It's not that easy.

And Omega had become a FIEND, not a fayth.

neeber
09-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Yojimbos chance of scoring a Zanmato is, as said, based on his comatibility with Yuna.

There are some way of raising his comp.

Summon him a lot.
Do NOT let him get KO'ed.
Have him kill lots of monsters.
The more Gil he recieves, the better compatibility.

The compatibility can get lowered too.

Let him get KO'ed.
He uses his Daigoro attack.
You pay him less than 1000 Gil.

So the higher compatibility, the better chance of him using Zanmato.
Having him in Overdrive also raises the chance of Zanmato.

Master_Dragoner
09-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Good old PAL. We get almost everything later than everyone else, and sometimes great games (Tactics, I'm looking at you) don't even get released out here.

But then, every so often, we get games like FFX, that has extra things put in for us. And, once every blue moon, we get games released here before America's NTSC (Origins I think came out in PAL first, plus a few other games).

And, with Yojimbo's Zanmato, in my game I summoned him every battle, and did most of the things you already listed. Plus, only paid him 1500 gil. After a long time, he started doing zanmato, and eventually, did it 9 times out of 10. Go Yojimbo!

§håd0w
09-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by neeber
The more Gil he recieves, the better compatibility.

That's where you're wrong. The amount of gil paid determines his motivation, which is another variable in determing the probability for Zanmato

DeathBringer
09-12-2003, 04:30 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yojimbo is a hidden, or secret, Aeon. And he has a chance of striking with an attack that is called Zanmato.

Zanmato instantly kills anything it hits! You heard me... anything.
No monster in the whole world of FFX can stand against a Zanmato.

I find that a little hard to beleive I have had him do that attack on more than one occasion and the monster still remains. Humph if this were the case i would hae defeated that final battle with sin where he continuously draws you nearer while opening his mouth

Xander
09-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Deathbringer - It is true that Zanmato kills anything it hits instantly. I don't know about Sin cos I never tried but I would expect so, the move kills dark aeons and other bosses, that's for sure!

Are you sure that the attack he did for you was zanmato, not one of his other attacks? I've never seen him do it and the enemy remain :confused:

DeathBringer
09-12-2003, 08:41 PM
yup positive...but i havent tried it on any of the others yet...ill try it aand get back to ya

§håd0w
09-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Kills everything. Even Sin, but you only have one chance to use it against Sin (assuming you mean Jecht)

DeathBringer
09-13-2003, 06:02 PM
Ok the next 5 people who post here can feel free to slap me in the face. The move that he has been doing repeatedly with his sword is Wakazashi and the other one (forget's the name) that he does with the throwing knives.

§håd0w
09-13-2003, 09:44 PM
*Slap*

Xander
09-14-2003, 02:32 AM
*slaps too*

Haha...easy mistake to make...well actually ... no it's not, how does the word "zanmato" look like "wakizashi"??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

I was joking there...:D
....anyway Zanmato is a lazy way to win any battle, I liked the regular aeons a lot more than Yojimbo.

Kana-chan
09-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Thanks that's been helpful to know, but the only problem I have is that I can't seem to find those coordinates of the temple where this aeon is.

Would one of you please be kind enough to tell me?

Though apart from killing the dark aeons, what else is in the Baaj Temple? And how do I kill the fish without it petrifying me, or swallowing me whole?
Could one of you please tell me?

Xander
09-14-2003, 10:50 PM
If you mean where is Yojimbo, he isn't in a Temple, he is in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth.

To get here go to the Calmlands and exit north towards Mt Gagazet. (Where you fought Defender X/Z whatever it was).
You will go across a bridge. There is a valley below you. Go down into the valley and there is a cave in front of you. Keep walking towards it until you enter it. Go right to the very back of the cave to find Yojimbo. :)

I can't remember which part is the Baaj temple right now. *doh*

If you mean the fish that you have to kill with Tidus, Wakka and Rikku underwater, the one that attacked Tidus in the past, well I didn't have a strategy I found it a fairly okay fight. If you can't kill it yet all I recommend is level up more..and if it petrifies you equip stoneproof armour.

FifthElement
09-16-2003, 05:44 PM
>devilmaykickass
>We don't have dark aeons in america...its not fair
----------
Too bad!