PDA

View Full Version : How did YOU do it?

Silent Warrior
09-04-2003, 01:42 PM
(If this hasn't been up in the air before, I'll have to eat my hat.)

So, how did you... go about de-cursing the Cursed Shield? And I don't mean equipping it for that amount of battles, 255 or whatever. I mean, who did you equip it on, and how did you make sure you weren't knee-deep in trouble?

Me, I just gave it to Relm, equipped her with an Offering (attack x4) and Heal rod. You do the math. :) Never really had to cast Cure.

BTW, is there some kind of trick so you can meet Doomgaze more frequently? I've been floating around the WoR for ages now, and I've only bumped heads with him once... I want Bahamut, dammit! *sulk*

[Edit] Well... Now you don't have to woory about this for my sake anymore. That oversized bat gave me another visit - the third, for the record. Had to peel off all his 55555 HP that time... Almost troublesome, but not really. Relm configured as above helped out a bunch. An' now I've got the Big B! :) A trick for increased encounter-rate would still be nice to know, though.

Wightraven
09-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Um. Good to know. I just ran into Doom Gaze, he whupped my heine. I'm a violent person so I chased him down and got my revenge, then "oh look, free magicite. Fancy that."

How did I uncurse the cursed shield? I didn't! Who'd want an uncursed shield? Pfft. Curses are more fun. Sell it to one of Kefka's minions! Watch them wonder why they suck in battle.

Actually in all truth I just juggle the piece of junk around characters until I happened to uncurse it. *shrugs*

The Man
09-04-2003, 09:16 PM
How did I do it? Simple, I went to Solitary Island, stole from every Peepers or EarthGuard I encountered, and wound up with something like eighty Elixirs. Not particularly difficult, that.

Flying Mullet
09-04-2003, 09:18 PM
I always just equip someone(don't care who) with the Cursed Shield and a Ribbon and go about my business in the game as usual. It's not like the game is that difficult that the negatives of the Cursed Shield actually make it hard.

The Man
09-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Especially since the Ribbon negates all of them except Condemned. ;)

Flying Mullet
09-04-2003, 09:22 PM
True, but I was thinking about the stat reductions, -7 on all of them I think.

The Man
09-04-2003, 09:26 PM
That's why the Illumina sword's so great ;)

m4tt
09-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
I always just equip someone(don't care who) with the Cursed Shield and a Ribbon and go about my business in the game as usual. It's not like the game is that difficult that the negatives of the Cursed Shield actually make it hard.

That's normally what I do. I think that next time I'll go the Solitary Island route.

Strider
09-04-2003, 10:17 PM
Put it on someone weak.
Surround that weak person with the best people you have.
Get a Ribbon equipped.
Walk back and forth in front of Albrook until the curse is broken.

Outsider
09-05-2003, 08:35 PM
I give it to Relm and equip her with Ribbon and Memento Ring, then I go to Solitary Island and fight there until my eyes pop out.

I usualy take Locke, so I can steal Megalixir from Earthguards (what is funny, cuz I never really use them... Nothing like an easy game).

Edgar
09-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Ribbons, my friend, Ribbons.

Silent Warrior
09-08-2003, 02:57 PM
What... The status-effects can be negated? :o I feel stupid... Still, Cursed shield + Heal rod + Offering is infinitely bad-ass all the same.

Illumina... I've never carried that thing. Well, after going over a bundle of FAQs, I'm aquainted with how you go about aquiring that thing. But I like my Ragnarok too damn much...

crono_logical
09-08-2003, 04:23 PM
I gave it to Celes and made her run around on Solitary Island where the enemies all die by themselves :p Only ever bothered to uncurse it in one game though, never bothered again since it takes too long :p

GogoTheMimic
09-09-2003, 02:35 AM
I just equip it and a ribbon to some random person in my team and go about my way. I don't really sit down and go to uncurse the shield, it just happens along the way.

i90east
09-09-2003, 07:04 AM
I went to the dinosaur forest and trained for 5 hours. That did it, and my guys gained like 30 levels. I wanted to fight Kefka when my guys were untrained, but I never had the Paladin sheild and wanted Gau to have it. I was curious what Gau's evasion would be. Yep, 78% evade and 81% magic evade. I don't think you can get any higher than that (he had a Zephyr Cape too).

But then Kefka and his buddies were too easy. Oh well. Offering + heal rod + cursed sheild... great idea! I'll have to try that this time through the game. Since I'm modding the game, it should be hard enough to have to go through 255 battles anyway after getting the cursed sheild in order to beat Kefka.

Emperor Grahf
09-19-2003, 02:36 PM
I,for one,never actualy took the time to ''uncurse'' it..damn too long,but i've got another game slot on my cartridge (just bought it on ebay,damn was I happy to get back to my old love!) who had it,and lemme tell ya that the thing is powerful as hell ! it blocks nearly everything,and absorb every kind of magic ! Unbelieveable. I wonder if you can get more then one though...and if you can do the same to ''uncurse'' the famous cursed-ring(who turns out to be nothin' more then a commun hero-ring if I do mistake myself?).

The Man
09-19-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Silent Warrior
What... The status-effects can be negated? :o I feel stupid... Still, Cursed shield + Heal rod + Offering is infinitely bad-ass all the same.

Illumina... I've never carried that thing. Well, after going over a bundle of FAQs, I'm aquainted with how you go about aquiring that thing. But I like my Ragnarok too damn much... Ragnarok Esper is bollocks, you can learn Ultima from the Paladin Shield and getting more Genji Gloves isn't worth as much as the Illumina Sword, IMO :P As for the sword, yeah, it's good, but the Illumina Sword is better :P

Kenshin IV
09-20-2003, 01:55 AM
Once you get the Atma Weapon, all other swords become useless. =P

The Man
09-20-2003, 08:01 PM
well, assuming you're leveled up enough, that is, but yes, the fact that it penetrates physical defense is beautiful

still, the illumina is a wonderful second sword to have, especially since genji+offering renders your characters invisible invincible powerhouses

i90east
09-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Really? The Illumina makes your guys invisible? :laugh: j/k

The Man
09-21-2003, 06:21 AM
yay typoes :-[