PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed this(Small Spoilers don't read if you havent fought reno yet!)

MJN SEIFER
09-04-2003, 03:19 PM
In The Falsh were Aeris "Mum" explains she's an ancient she talks about waiting for her husband in the war and other people meet again but do these two look familer?!

http://pobladores.lycos.es/data/pobladores.com/da/ga/daga15/channels/la_tierra_prometida/images/2828682enamorados.jpg

m4tt
09-04-2003, 03:33 PM
It's Jesse and Biggs. Or Wedge... or Biggs.

So what's your point?

Wightraven
09-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Huh. Y'know the sad thing? I never noticed that before.

Flying Mullet
09-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Hmm, looks like Adlai Stevenson to me. Man, that guy is everywhere! :whoa:

Brian The Pink Shark
09-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Yeah, i've always been confused by this shot, maybe it's their parents or something

m4tt
09-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Or maybe they are older than you think? Or Square got lazy and used their sprites over again?

Kami
09-04-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Gau
Or Square got lazy and used their sprites over again?

nec
09-07-2003, 09:40 PM
i think you're looking too deep into this.

i don't think it's anybody unique to the game. just 2 kids man.

Eartha
09-21-2003, 05:26 AM
Isn't it the couple that are standing near the lampost right at the beginning of the game, and always argue with each other?

Kindo
09-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Who the hell cares? Why do you have to bring up such tiny and useless details anyway? It's nothing special with it!

darkchrono
09-22-2003, 05:50 AM
it is fun to see sometimes how the game makers cut corners in the game so they wouldn't have as much work to do. Or how they put little funny things in just to see if people notice.

That is why it is interesting to bring these things up now and then.

It is possible that they put biggs and jessie or whatever in that scene as a way of possibly letting the players know how old their characters were.

Possibly instead of being around Cloud's age like most people thought. Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie were supposed to be more along the lines of Barret's age.

Although if Jessie is supposed to be in her mid thirties she must have been rather desperate for a guy in order to begin to fancy twenty-one year old Cloud a bit like she seemed to be doing.

Big D
09-22-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Kindo
Who the hell cares? Why do you have to bring up such tiny and useless details anyway? It's nothing special with it! Why, then, do you waste time reading and replying to these "useless" topics? If you've got nothing good to say, then please don't post simply to insult people for no reason.

Interesting point, darkchrono, but I think the Avalanche guys are all quite young, except of course for Barret. They probably just re-used the same images to save time, since they're very hard to see and recognise during the brief time that they're on-screen. That scene at the station was at least 17 or 18 years before events in the game, by my reckoning, since Aeris is only a small child in the flashback but is 22 in the game's present. Can't believe that Biggs and Jesse could last that long without visibly aging... and without changing their clothes, for that matter.:)

Flying Mullet
09-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by darkchrono
Although if Jessie is supposed to be in her mid thirties she must have been rather desperate for a guy in order to begin to fancy twenty-one year old Cloud a bit like she seemed to be doing.
Maybe Jessie likes the younger guys. ;)

I agree that the developers reused the sprites. Much like monsters often have their color palettes swaped, they probably reused the character maps so that they could put that much more into the game.

katana
09-22-2003, 04:53 PM
How the hell did you even notice that? The only difference I can see is that red XIII has four legs and evryone else doesnt. I saw that seen and just thought "Wow. sprites." Really, how can you even tell a difference between them? God, it's a waste of time...
But the again, this is a final fantasy forum, so I guess I should have expected...

HOOTERS
09-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by katana
How the hell did you even notice that? The only difference I can see is that red XIII has four legs and evryone else doesnt. I saw that seen and just thought "Wow. sprites." Really, how can you even tell a difference between them? God, it's a waste of time...
But the again, this is a final fantasy forum, so I guess I should have expected...

Yeah, exactly. I went through half the game thinking I was controlling Tifa, and then I got confused betwen Barret and Aeris and I couldn't tell which one was which until Sephiroth (at least I think it was Sephiroth, it might have been Yuffie) came along and killed you know who though I didn't know who at the time because they all looked so similar but at least I knew who Red XIII was throughout the whole game so it wasn't all bad.