PDA

View Full Version : A few near-end questions. (small disc 3 spoilers)

XeQtR
09-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Don't know how to put this, really..

I'm at disc 3, gotten down from the moon and rescued rinoa too, so when i've finished all the training i'll go to Edea's house (just so you know how far i've come).

The biggest question is about training. Squall, Zell and Rinoa is at lv. 100, while Irvine and Selphie is at about 35, and Quistis at 20. How far up should i train those beneath lv. 100? As from how i see it, the junctions do more than half of the job. Both Irvine and Selphie can have 9999 hp and decent strenght because of it, so mostly the training goes for getting higher attributes. So, how far should i take them?

And for the GFs. I've got all of them except for Eden, which i plan to get on disc 4, since beating Ultima Weapon seems just too much for me. Here comes the question: Once i've gotten eden (i believe you draw it from Tiamat, one of the last bosses inside Ultimecias castle), is it possible to return to the world map? I'm asking this because the Cactuar island is tempting me each time i've gotten a new GF ;)

Please, don't post spoilers unless you really, really have to. It may seem like i know the rest of the game, but that's only from reading small tips from faq's, like who i could draw eden from.

Thanks in advance. :)

ShivaBlizzard8
09-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Well, as a general rule, I try to keep all my characters around the same level (accept Squall of course, because he's always around). However, you're right - the junction system allows you to do a lot with your characters regardless of your level. A good stock of magic and GF abilites can max out your stats long before lvl 100. In some cases, the bosses you are facing are easier to beat because thier strengths level up with you (which is why strategy guides generaly have a range of HP for enemies as opposed to exact numbers). That said, my advice woudl be this - as long as your lower level characters have the HP and abilites you want, I wouldn't worry about their level. It would probably pay to keep it lower.

As for your second question, I also agree- I love Cactaur Island for GF training! :-) It makes life so much simpler. I believe you can return to the world map after time compression, although finding the Ragnorak in order to get to the island is a long and involved ordeal. I think your best bet is just to face Ultima Weapon and draw Eden. You have three maxed out characters for your party, and Zell makes it even easier to get down to where the boss is located. If he intimidates you, refine some holy wars from the Gilgamesh card or heros from the Laguna card to make your characters invincable. Then hit him with all you've got. :-)

XeQtR
09-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the answer :)

But typically me, i've lost all the good cards, so there's no way i'll ever get Gilgamesh or Laguna. I have one Hero in the item list which i have forgotten about, so thanks for reminding me :p
I might try to beat Ultima Weapon, but doesn't i take an awful lot of time? I've only read a small bit of it in the faq's, and it seems like a pain in the ass to me.. Or what?
EDIT:

Well, I guess this post was a little lame before i edited it.

I just used enc-none and walked all the way down, although i've read that it wouldn't work, it did.

When i first get into the battle, Squall is given the only Hero i got, and I did ofcourse think that it would last for the whole battle. Well, i had it for 3-4 turns or so :p

Anyway, is it at all possible to beat Ultima Weapon without all characters having either haste status or junctioned haste/triple to their spd-j? Right now, onlu Squall has it, and from my point of view, it's impossible without the others having it. Ultima is just too fast, and too happy to use light pillar all the time.. ;)

Anyway, i believe i'll get Eden from Tiamat on disc 4, and maybe i'll try beating Ultima in that way.

Can anyone here at all say that they have beaten Ultima? :p
And if, what's your strategies?

Edit by Big D: Please don't double-post. You know the edit/delete button, please use it more often in future.:)

TheSpoonyBard
09-05-2003, 06:58 PM
Use Squall, Zell and Selphie. Junction Cactuar to Selphie and then junction Pain or Death to her Luck. Get Squall to draw Eden, Zell to cast Aura on Selphie, then use Selphie's Limit Break "The End". Although this is a hard spell to find it should be easier because her Luck is much higher than usual.

XeQtR
09-05-2003, 07:05 PM
What exactly does The End do? Just kill him outright? I'd love to have Eden before i get too far into Ultimecia's castle, really ;)

Yrkoon
09-05-2003, 08:38 PM
i had squall at low health before the fight started then when it started i just kept squall doing limit breaks into ultima weapon (lion heart gunblade) ultima weapon was dead very quickly that way as in a few minutes :)

ShivaBlizzard8
09-05-2003, 08:42 PM
"The End" rocks! I've gotten it a few times - it takes forever on Selphie's slot but if you keep at it it works. Basically, wings come down and fly the enemy right out of battle and you automatically win. However, I've never tried it on Ultima because its only supposed to work on random encounters, not bosses, and I've always considered Ultima to be a boss fight. It's worth a shot I suppose.

As for me, I make sure my characters have "revive" and "recover." A couple of Phoenix Pinions don't hurt either. If anyone has the auto-haste or auto-protect, that's nice too. Aura is your friend - keep Squall using his limit break. Summon Cerebrus so that everyone has triple. Summon Doomtrain and cast meltdown to limit its defences. Cast haste and do your best. :)

jlee12489
09-06-2003, 12:13 AM
aiite... so if u wanna gain sum major lvls.... do dis:
1. get odin
2. go to da small island on da left or da rite (its called da island closest to hell)
3. dere will be lvl 100 monsters....VERY strong for lvl 20 ppl... lol.. so u juss keep running
4. after a while... odin comes and does 1 hit KO... u get a lot of exp... like 5 lvls per monster....remember to save after each monster kill cuz u can get unlucky nd die....

or... u can go to da place w/ ultimate weapon nd fight infinie 100 ruby weapons.... but dey hab a 1 hit KO move... so i prefer da island closest to hell...

Big D
09-07-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by ShivaBlizzard8
"The End" rocks! I've gotten it a few times - it takes forever on Selphie's slot but if you keep at it it works. Basically, wings come down and fly the enemy right out of battle and you automatically win. However, I've never tried it on Ultima because its only supposed to work on random encounters, not bosses, and I've always considered Ultima to be a boss fight. It's worth a shot I suppose.Indeed it is worth a shot, since The End works in any battle at all. Even in the final battle against Ultimecia - just use The End, and you'll immediately defeat any 'stage' of her many transformations. Against the ultimate form, one shot of The End will will trigger the "Remember your childhood..." dialogue.

TheSpoonyBard
09-07-2003, 07:52 PM
The move with the wings is actually Rapture, which only works on randomly encountered enemies. The End shows a lovely green pasture with flowers and fluffy clouds, then the words "The End" come up in the bottom right hand corner. This is different to Rapture because is instantly kills anything. I defeated Ultima Weapon last night, using a different method to the one I put earlier. I had Squall draw Eden, Rinoa summon Doomtrain and Zell use his Duel. He had 12 seconds and I used Punch Rush and Booya alternately untill I had 2 seconds left, then I used Heel Drop, Meteor Strike, then My Final Heaven. Then it died. By the way, Zell has 255 strength.

Peegee
09-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Think about it this way (you are using cactaur's str/hp/vit/spr plus junctions RIGHT????): what is your typical team? I know when you have 3 high stat lvl 100 people nothing matters, but you have to consider the individual characters. Zell with armageddon fist, selphie being a healer, Squall with a potential omnislash break limit, etc etc...

Darkness illustrated sort of why Zell is a good unit, though he should've been alternating between punch rush and booya (or heel drop)..anyway, it's up to you whether to level up the secondary party...by disc 3 you can survive with only one party. HOWEVER if you choose to fight omega weapon you might have to waste time switching junctions in order to have enc-none ability (one of your teams will be hideously weak thanks to not leveling them up).

So depending on whether you care about the spoiler contents or not, you can forego the leveling up of your secondary party.