PDA

View Full Version : Movie Help

Belpheigor
09-05-2003, 03:16 AM
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I need the opening movie to the snes FF6 in a video format (like mpeg or avi) for a project I am working on. Its the movie that plays when you hit new game. I own both the snes and the playstation version. If anyone can tell me the best way to do this, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Belpheigor

wolfmah
09-05-2003, 04:06 AM
I really don't think anyone as done this before or at least publish it for people to use it. The easiest way would require you to have a video capture card, in your computer, plugged into your snes, or VCR, than record the intro while you start a new game.

Flying Mullet
09-05-2003, 04:21 PM
There also might be an emulator that lets you record while you play the game. I know on Nesticle(a NES emulator) there was a record movie option, and it would record whatever was going on in the game until you stopped it. Perhaps you could do that with an emulator? I don't know of a SNES or PSX(since you have the PSX game) emulator that records movies but perhaps someone else does.

wolfmah
09-05-2003, 04:54 PM
I know emulator let you record your play, but Belpheigor explicitly state that he want a "real" video format, not something only the emulator that create it can read.

Flying Mullet
09-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Well some emulators do save the file in a "real" format. That and if Belpheigor is doing video editing, he has some video editing software and it might be able to read whatever format the emulator outputs in. And unless you know what format all emulators in existence output their movies in, there is a good chance that one outputs it in a format that he can use.

And this is a help someone out thread, not a put down others suggestions thread.

m4tt
09-05-2003, 05:37 PM
There are programs that let you rip the movie off the Playstation CD. I'm pretty sure that they save the file in a windows media type format.

Belpheigor
09-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Okay, first off, thanks for the advice!

I've been looking at different emulators. It seems that the "videos" that they record aren't really videos. They instead record the pressed button history, and the point that the recording first started. Timed correctly, it will look like a video, but really it will just be executing the same actions that you did already in the rom over and over again. *sigh*

Anyway, there might be emulators floating around that I haven't found, so I'll keep looking. Also, I found the fmv's for the playstation version, but not the in-game opening. -_-

Thanks again,
Belpheigor

GogoTheMimic
09-09-2003, 02:29 AM
Kazaa should have it. Also, those programs to rip stuff from playstation CDs are great. I finally got Zophar's secret message from the EBC CD! *cackles* Yes, I'm a loser.