PDA

View Full Version : I OWN THE ENGLISH VERSION!!!

Rydia
09-05-2003, 01:02 PM
I DOWNLOADED IT OFF KAZAA,ITS JUST SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

SoS.Atlerik
09-05-2003, 02:09 PM
nice to know.

Rydia
09-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Does anyone else out there have it?

SoS.Atlerik
09-05-2003, 05:06 PM
you dl it from kazaa, right? then at least 1 person has it.:)

Mwork
09-05-2003, 06:33 PM
It's good. Definitely not better than the original, but I liked it. It needs more plot.

Kenshin IV
09-05-2003, 06:38 PM
It's creamy orgasmic goodness is what it is. The battles are just as much fun as the first, but the story is a complete contrast. It's bright and cutesy instead of dark and depressing. Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, it's just different. You play these games for the gameplay, anyway. If the story's good, it's a bonus. And it does seem to be good, just not Tactics amazing... but then again, what really is?

Rydia
09-06-2003, 10:04 PM
I take it u guys are all massive fans of the original.Sadly for me I never got to play the original FFTactics :cry: as it wasn't released in England
Were the battles similar?

Kenshin IV
09-07-2003, 04:11 AM
The battles are similar, but there are quite a bit of differences. There's no longer any wait times for spells or other various techniques. It takes a bit of strategy away, but not it's not too bad. Also, they have a new Judge system in this one. You get set laws in the beginning of each battle which you must follow. That wasn't in the original.
You also gain abilities in a completely different way. Before, you just had to level up your classes. Now, you have to master skills by equipping and using weapons that have the skills. Sort of like what you had to do in Final Fantasy IX.

Dignified Pauper
09-07-2003, 07:12 AM
no! Now i have to go d/l the new version of visual boy advance until friday when i get a paycheck to go pay for it!

ChibiInuYasha
09-07-2003, 09:49 PM
I'm d/l ing now. Of course I'll still buy the original. After I get a GBA that is.

Rydia
09-08-2003, 11:21 PM
What do ya think of it Chibi?

ChibiInuYasha
09-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Well I've gotten past the town where you joined the clan and I'm on the world map but everytime I try to enter a town it crashes u_u

Rydia
09-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Aw,that sucks Chibi!!!
What emulator are u using?

hentai
09-10-2003, 01:57 AM
you guys are horrbile! go buy the freakin thing, save emulators for games you cant get anymore, grrrrrrrrr. EB has an offer where you trade in 3 qualifiying GBA games (which is like every single one) and you get it for free, dont even need booklets or anything. might only be in canada tho, meh.

im playing right now, in my 3rd battle, i like how its so different, i wouldnt want the same game, geez. i named my character hentai and my clan hellsing :D i have to get this guy's thesis back now.

GO BUY IT!!!!!!

ChibiInuYasha
09-10-2003, 03:25 AM
I was going to buy it when I get enough money! Honest! I'm just seeing if I like it before I buy it. ^.-

hentai
09-10-2003, 04:01 AM
from my like 4 battles, im loving it more than the original, its more fun and seems quicker. only drawbacks ive noticed are you cant zoom in/out or rotate the battlefield and there is no "equip best" or dressing room for buying items. but the battles! oh the battles! get it it it it!!!!!! its $34 in the states and $44 in canada. come on, you post on a final fantasy forum, you need the games! i shall not rest till it is so!

Rydia
09-10-2003, 02:01 PM
Well I don't have a Gameboy Advance.Plus I live in England where Final Fantasy Tactics Advance won't be out for AGGGEEEESSS!!! Is that gonna stop me playing it? Hell no
For what its worth the game was actually making me consider buying a GBA,but since I'll probably be finished my fave game by the time its released,I don't think I'll bother.
It may not even get a UK release,I don't think the original Tactics did.
I'll buy the little portible PS instead,that should have loadsa good Final Fantasy games.
By the way,since GBA's meant to be 32-BIT who come Nintendo keep releasing 16Bit games like Mario World?
And do you guys think the GBA could handle Mario RPG???

crono_logical
09-10-2003, 06:29 PM
The GBA is superior to the SNES, so of course it could handle it if they bothered port it :p If you want to see a demonstration of power of the GBA, try playing Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (japanese) - that has the same beat-em-up type action battle system as a PSX game in the same series (Tales of Eternia) and is just as responsive to controls, and still looks good :p

I find FFTA a bit slow to my liking in battles, but that doesn't stop the battles being good :p I'm sure I'll finish it long before it comes out in England, if it ever does, many of the better non-FF RPGs on various platforms never made it here :p

GogoTheMimic
09-11-2003, 04:30 AM
I've had the Japanese version for ages, I played around with it for a bit but I'm going to pick up my copy of it for 26 bucks at Circuit City tomorrow so I can rave about it after then.

Rydia
09-11-2003, 10:17 AM
I've had the JAP version since last year,but cudn't be bothered with it as I can't read Kanji

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 07:09 PM
if it makes anyone feel better,then in my home country Final fantasy Tactics hasnt even been released yet <_<

~Zodiac~
09-14-2003, 03:00 PM
I DO realize it's Illigal :rolleyes2. But my action is more of a "If you like it, BUY IT!" It isn't out here yet, so I downloaded it just to try and make my mind if the game is worth my €40,- ;).

I got a site where the English file is published but since it not to permitted to advrtise I will hold my tongue ^_^