PDA

View Full Version : How did YOU get into Final Fantasy?

Fredde
09-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Well, my question is, how (and when) did YOU start playing Final Fantasy. I'll tell my story first:

In ye olde days (actually, just a couple of years ago) there was this big talk of some weird movie where everything was made in a computer and looked damned real. It also had the name "Final Fantasy".

Sure, I had heard of the game(s) but never had any idea where to play them. Then I ran into the wonderfull thing called "emulator", and since everyone was talkin' about the movie, I tought "well, if I'M going to see the movie, I want to know what the game(s) is about first."

So, I started playin' FF1, and I tought, "hey, this is neat!"

By now, I've almost finished FF6 (on emulator, of course) and I'm planning on buying FF7 for my (brothers) PS2.

So, once again, how did YOU get hooked on this series?

black orb
09-06-2003, 08:20 PM
>>> Several years ago I bought an old FF1 cartridge in some flea market, after that a whole new world appeared in front of my eyes..

final boss
09-07-2003, 11:40 AM
Let's see....... it all started when I was 9, [i'm 12 now] I went up to my brother's room, [17 or 18 now] and my cousin, [18 or 19] was playing FFVII in my bro's room and wacthed him play. It was facinating. So after a while, I dicided to rent FFIV for my SNES, then I rented FFVI and MQ. So when Mom let me play FFVII, I been hocked to those games since.

Xander
09-07-2003, 05:38 PM
I started a thread like this in another forum I used to go to. ^^

Well the first memory I have of knowing about Final Fantasy, is when I was going out with my first bf, online, he was really into this game called Final Fantasy VIII. I had no idea what it was, I thought it was like some first person shooter where you controlled Squall and took him round this high school shooting stuff.. Erm weird I know. This was about 1999 I think?

Anyway he used to send me pics of Squall and Rinoa and although I knew nothing about the game I thought the pictures were beautiful, but I never had a playstation or anything anyway so I didn't really think about playing it.

About two or three years later, I decided to get a playstation, and I was kinda also getting into anime at the time, and was always hearing about the Final Fantasy games around. A friend of mine had FFVII so I asked to borrow it for my new playstation.

It took me a little while to get into it but not very long and soon I was addicted and totally loved it!
I was really pleased when I completed it because I'd never really completed a game before without cheats or anything.

After that I started buying all of the FF's gradually and played IX and X next. I had a bit of a break at one point during IX for ages but then went back and got addicted again. And since then.. I've just been addicted to them!

Jebus
09-07-2003, 06:38 PM
A few years back, I think 1997, my cousin brought over his FF3 cart, and I watched him play it, I immediatly became addicted, and have played and beat it several times. FF3/FF6j also became my absolute favorite FF.

IamTidus
09-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Back in 1999 for me I was really into skating at the time and so I wanted this Pizza Hut demo disc that had Tony Hawk on itI was always playing that then when I was looking at all the rest of the games I saw Final Fantasy VIII I was like whatever I'll try it. and ever sence then I haven't stop playing a Final Fantasy.

Breine
09-07-2003, 07:40 PM
I watched someone play FF7 at the after-school center (I think it's called that?), and then I played it myself. I died several times 'cause I didn't know much English... I was only 9. :)

And then I got to my birthday... I've been dependent ever since. :cool:

Vermachtnis
09-08-2003, 12:32 AM
I was over my Maw Maw's and she had Mystic Quest. I remember together we beat it in two days and down at one of the Video rental stores I saw Final Fantasy II and I was like "Neat, a number 2". So we started playing it and died at the Myst Dragon. So I got mad and fought it again at a higher lvl then you're suppose to be and killed it before it could Mystify. So, that's my story. I was brought on by the worst Final Fantasy game, but hey I was 6 and it had good music.

Freya Coral
09-08-2003, 12:46 AM
I started playing FF when I was 12 (I'm 22 now) and got FF1 for NES (still have it too...:D ) Since then I've beat it three times and next time I'm going to try using a Fighter-less party.

I've since bought 7, 8, and 9 and have been addicted ever since. :D

Hikaru
09-08-2003, 01:06 AM
Ah, those memorable days...Well a long time ago in the year 1997 i always watched my older brother playing FF7 and when i watched+listened, I got into it.Lets see i was only 8 probably(now im fourteen).So i started playing the beginning and suddenly i was addicted to it.I wouldn't put my hands down from the controller:p and so i was like "Must..keep..playing..so obsessed.."So thats wat started.And so the adventure began..Soon i kept playing FF a lot and collecting Final Fantasy merchandise :D heehee.

Ever since then i was addicted+obsessed of Final Fantasy(especially FF8)and will forever be.

Still the adventure will never end.
The dream had just begun.
So open your eyes
To the world of
Final Fantasy.

Madonna
09-08-2003, 01:33 AM
I was about six and rented both Mystic Quest and IV from the local shopette. Or my dad did and I ran off into my room to play them. S'been, what, twelve years or so? Crazy.

Edit: I forgot to mention I beat IV at that time too. I rented that game for months. -_-;;

Kenshin IV
09-08-2003, 01:39 AM
The first Final Fantasy game I ever played was Mystic Quest, but I didn't really get into the series 'till Seven. I was into RPGs before that, but I didn't become the die hard fan of the genre 'till Chrono Trigger came out.

Sin Harvest
09-09-2003, 08:43 AM
i rented VII when i was about 9 or 10, and couldent play it. didnt know what to do or anything. got up to the scorpion boss guy and couldent beat it (ahaha).

then a few years later i became bored with all the games i had played and remeberd final fantasy and thought "acually that was really cool from what i remember" and went and bought it.
been addicted ever scince.

Rydia
09-09-2003, 02:35 PM
I was into RPGs since playing Wonderboy on the Megadrive,and Zelda 64 rurned me into an RPG-freak.So I remember reading one of my sister's Playstation magazines and it said that Final Fantasy VII was the best RPG for the Playstation (this was ages ago,before 8 came out)
Then a couple of months later I walked into her room and saw FFVII sitting on her cupboard.I asked her if I could play it,and she agreed,and I've been hooked ever since

Flare_Star
09-09-2003, 05:41 PM
i had heard of ff before and knew they were good but i never thought they would be my cup of tea. but i found myself looking at ff9 in a shop (must have been fate) i saw the price: Ł20 and thought id give it a go. when i turned it on my life suddenly shredded itself and threw itself out the window.

ShadyMilkman
09-10-2003, 01:07 AM
It was a year or four ago... I illegally ROMed it and Zelda II.... I swear I didn't know it was illegal. so... I ROMed FF1.... I was hooked! I'd play for hours and hours. Then I decided to rent FFIX to see if I'd like the newer ones.... second game I ever played on my PSone... THPS2 was the first.... so I am obviously SPOILED.... all these great games at first... got so disappointed when I realized I had played 7 through 9 and couldn't find 6 for the life of me.... Then I found Tatics... I am sooooo lucky that I found FF... although it's probably consumed at least 6-10 months of my life by now.

Strider
09-10-2003, 02:50 AM
I saw Final Fantasy III (IV) in Nintendo Power and knew I had to have it. So, I went and bought it, and spent my days trying to beat it. Unfortunately, I let one of my friends from elementary school borrow it and borrowed NBA Jam in exchange, and never got my game back. :( I didn't beat FFVI until I got it on an emulator.

SVENG52
09-11-2003, 04:37 PM
I GOT FFI WITH MY NINTENDO FOR CHRISTMAS ALONG WITH SOME OTHER GAMES. I GUESS LIKE 1986 OR 87 WHENEVER NINTENDO CAME OUT. I PLAYED IT AND BEATED IT REPEATEDLY FOR YEARS THEN STOPPED PLAYING RPGS FOR AWHILE. THEN FF7 CAME OUT AND I WAS HOOKED AGAIN. THE CYCLE REPEATED AND NOW WONDERING WHICH FF TO GET INTO NEXT ?

GogoTheMimic
09-11-2003, 04:43 PM
SVENG52, is your caps lock broke?

It was in the 6th grade, which would be 7 years ago. I was at a friend's house and he popped out FFVI and we played it. I was bored out of my mind at first and didn't want to play it at all but I pushed onward. I'm glad that I did because when he finally felt that I could hold my own in the game, he let me borrow it. Of course, I called him every hour or so to talk to him about how awesome of a game that it is.

m4tt
09-11-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by El Mariachi
I saw Final Fantasy III (IV) in Nintendo Power and knew I had to have it

I think you got your roman numerals mixed up there, Juan. ;)

I got into Final Fantasy about.. well whenever FF2 for the SNES was out (FFIV). Our neighbor used to "baby sit" us (my sister and I) during the summer. She rented that game a bunch of times, and we'd always play it. We never got really far, just up to where you first meet Yang. I loved it. Then a few years passed without any FF action. About 1996 (when I was 15) my other neighbor's step brother came to visit and he had FF3 (FF6) with him. So I borrowed it and I played and played and played. I loved it even more than the other one. I almsot beat it, but I had to give it back. Two years later, as a junior in Highschool, my friend was selling his FF3 copy, so I bought it and loved it :love:. Since then I've played all the FF games, except FF3j. FF6 is still my favorite, and it always will be!

SpikingZero
09-13-2003, 03:06 AM
I was always told about how great Final Fantasy was and such, so then I thought I'd give the games a try. After being completely confused with both FFI and FFVI, I thought, 'Meh, whatever,' and just gave up.

But when my sister's friend gave her a copy of FFVII for her birthday, I thought, 'Cool. I'll have to give this a try.'

I did. And since then I've conquered FFI through IX. Yes, I did have a lot of free time.

Female Ryuichi
09-13-2003, 03:37 PM
I saw the trailer for FFVIII on a demon disk, and was like "What the hell is it?" And my brother had to explain what an rpg was to an nine year old (how times have changed I now know the most about RPGs). Anyway i gave it no thought, until i read about in a magazine and saw there were 7 before it (which shocked my little mind). Then when i was about 10 (I'm now 13) my bro borrowed FFVIII from his friend. I've been hooked ever since. :love:

TogiB
09-13-2003, 05:18 PM
This is interesting seeing how other FF Freaks came to be. i geuss i will put my 10 cents in

I remember like 10 years ago watching my dad play FF1 on our Nintendo. i was intrigued by the game. it was my first experience into RPG's, and i didn't notice it then, but i really started to love it. when my family and i went to russia 4 years ago for, well 4 years, i started to crave the new final fantasies, i had not EVER played a FF game fully through, and i hardly knew a thing about them. but i quickly learned, bought FF 8 (in japanese!!!! how is that for a first experience with FF) and i loved it, but now, having completed FF 7, 8, working on 9, 6, and 5, i am probably one of the freakiest of the freaky. lol

edczxcvbnm
09-13-2003, 05:25 PM
I first played chrono trigger...then I played FFVI because the person said 'Its like chrono trigger'. So I played it and thought it sucked big time in compairison. Can't move on angles. Whats with this retarded battles scheme. Where are the enemies on the screen. Where are dual techs or spells. The questions just kept coming. It didn't help much that FFVI had graphics from like 1992 either.

Then I played FFVII. It was cool. FFVIII was not. FFIX was. FFX was not. FFIV was. FFV was kind of just there. FFMQ was. FF1-3 was not.

FFVI still sucks now that I am older and know more.

As you can see I am not into FF games. They are purely hit or miss.

Radje
09-13-2003, 05:45 PM
My cousin just said it was a realy long game(ff7) and that i wouldn't want to play it (I was like 7-8 i think.) I of course whisked it away and began. Took me a good 60 hours to complete and i loved it. I then bought 8,9,10. Then joined EoFF where i caught wind of the early ff's i had untill then thought of as unattainable games. I got 1,2,4 and 5, mystic quest too. And here i am. Giving advice to my newbie friends ^.^

(Advice= laughing at their utter, utter failure at any/all of the games. Trust me my lungs were stuch on pikes and the fed through my eye balls in the form of salty tears i laughed so hard.) ....*cough*....

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 07:35 PM
(little spoilers)

Heres my history of ff:

Well,about 3 years ago i either saw one of my friends play it or we loaned games to each other but somehow i got my hands on ff7.I was 9 then.

In comparison me and my exfriend,now enemy was pretty different.

He had been playing that game over a month then and i just started.But i got to the part he was trying to get for a month in 3 hours!(he was stuck and remained stuck in the shinra building)Also he spent 2 hours trying to jump on the dangling metal bar(at the place where you climb up to the shinra building).Then i got to the midgar zolom and i was too afraid to cross the marshes once i saw how strong it was,so my ex-friend helped me out over it.
After that it was a straight line to the end... the two stops i managed was at Materia Keeper and demon wall but in the end i managed to beat them(i still remember how happy i was when i sent my sattelite beam on the idiot materia keeper and it died~~)Then when i finally got to the crater,i used save crystal too early and got totally kicked by safer sephiroth.While i was in the crater my computers Harddrive decided to break and my computer was broken.Later i backtracked back there with the help of some guides and kicked sephys ass.
Then on either christmas or my birthday i got ff8.Though my mom had almost bought me a lamer game,but it turned out to be a dos game.Up until a half a year later when i downloaded ff1 rom i only owned ff8 and ff7( i copied that).I couldnt save in ff1 since it was bugged and i quit playing it and finished it lately.Then about a year ago i got to eysonff and downloaded ff1-ff6 plus the emulators and got to finishing them.this year i got ff9...fflegends and ffadventure.

So thats my story of ff

Angel_Reaper
09-13-2003, 09:05 PM
4 years ago when my boyfriend bought a playstation. He got a fighting game and I was looking for me one. He told me to hurry so i was going to pick up a game then i saw it........ Final Fantasy VII thats the one i want. So he bought it. and i have been hooked on it ever scince. I got Final Fantacy Chronicals, Final Fantasy VII - X. And i love all of them :D cant wait to get others. :excited: :freak:

Octavious
09-14-2003, 11:54 PM
My brother had bought FF7 and Vandal Hearts one day...we went home and askedm e which one he should play first. I said FF7 and he began to play it. I watched it, i dont think i understood the RPG-Genre at the time, but I really enjoyed it. I ended up buying the game for myself (my brother doesnt live with us) and playing it...I was young, don't know what age. I kinda skipped all the text I could as well as ran from all the battles possible, but somehow i got to Sephiroth and could never beat the Angel form. I ended up reloading the game like 6 months ago..i leveled up a bit then wooped his ass. But yeah ever since I played 7 I got 8, then beat 8...and found Dr Unne's site, found out about emulators, and started playing all the classics. Then I bought 9, which is my favorite ff. Now I'm playing 10, and am patiently waiting for X-2 :)

Princess
09-30-2003, 08:00 AM
My brother bought FFVII and he and his friends played it, at first I thought it was really boring - but then.. I don't know, somehow I became an addict - I think I fell in love with Cloud, haha..:p
At that time I was 13..

crono_logical
09-30-2003, 10:51 AM
I downloaded and played FF6 in an emulator :p Got me into RPGs in general, not just FF though :p

Advent Child
10-01-2003, 04:20 AM
I got hooked on 3 (6 for you "japanese gamers") when I bought it.

robfinalfantasy
11-01-2003, 03:22 PM
It was back in the 80s (when we use to live in the US). I was at the mall with my parents when we went into an electronics store. There you could sample this new title for the NES entitled Final Fantasy. No one was in line so I decided to try it out. I thought the graphics were awesome, but didn't understand how to play it. I saw many options and got confused. My lack of patience caused me to stop playing and do something else. Years later I made a friend who had some FF games. He suggested that I buy FF4. I went to MediaPlay to buy it, but to my dismay it was out of stock so I decided to buy FF6 instead. Ever since I bought FF6 I sought after the other titles. My next FF was FF1. I have the original cartridge and maps. That is my FF story.

SephirothsAngel
11-01-2003, 05:50 PM
I'm pretty young so forgive me for not getting into the earlier FF titles.
I was living up in Virginia and we got GamePro magazine every month. I remember reading through one issue and seeing a preview for FFVII. I thought to myself, that looks so cool! Years later, I begged my dad to finally get me a PlayStation (I actually got a PS One), and the first games I bought for it were FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX. I've also bought FF Origins, FF Anthology, and FFX. I've been hooked since I saw it in the magazine.

Ultima_Paladin
11-02-2003, 11:52 PM
For me it started a year ago when I bought ff8 at wall mart, i've been hooked ever since and I've already beaten 5 of the games

eternalshiva
11-03-2003, 09:59 AM
My husband forced me to play FFVIII, he thought I has gamer potential ... sucker ! Now I'm completely addicted and the only time he gets to play FF is when he does some level ups for me. he hates the story part but loves the levelups, I hate the level ups and I love the story. Match in heaven ;p

muchacho
11-05-2003, 02:51 AM
well.... a long long time ago, in a galixy far far away, i was 4 and my brother was playing ff2(4) and i used to play it when he wasnt. then he got ff3(6) for x-mas one year, again i would play it when he wasnt. he later got ff7 and i never really felt like playing it. so then about 2 years ago i bought ff8, played it a little but didnt get in to it. 4 months later i jumped in to ff7, played it and felt like playing ff8(the only one i didnt really know what was going on) and played it religously. then went back and beat 4,6,7 and then 9 and 10. now im working on 1....... um yeah, thats my story.

rydia1411
11-05-2003, 06:27 PM
3-4 years ago, I got really annoyed by my husband playing ff8 (playstation) all day long, so I got him to introduce me to ff3(6) on the the PC. :greenie:

Spatvark
11-05-2003, 07:06 PM
My brother gave me a floppy disk which had a gameboy emulator as well as FFL1 and FFL3. I loved FFL3, but it wasn't until my brother gave me a copy of Snes9X and Chrono Trigger that I really got into Square games, and thus I went onto games like FF6, 4 and 1.

Shadow8017
01-27-2004, 06:17 AM
played one of Squaresoft's originals on the snes ( Secret of Mana ) when I was a real youngster ... like 8 or something ... heh come to think of it my brother did pretty much all the work in the game but I was still in love with rpgs from that moment on ... then not a year later around comes a game "Final Fantasy 3" I was not familiar at all with the series and just how succesfull it had been with the nes but the fact that it had been made by squaresoft was what made it so appealing to me ... well words can't describe how much I adored the game ... from then on I knew it would always be my favorite rpg and the rest is history = p

SomethingBig
01-27-2004, 07:39 PM
I remember seeing my brother play FFVII for the PC. I was 10, I think, and I thought not being able to jump was really stupid, so I didn't want to play it. After a while, I decided to play it and I immediately fell in love with it.

Numisma
01-29-2004, 06:04 PM
well, i was already deeply interested in Golden Sun, Lufia 3, and the Dragon Warrior series. my cousin John kept telling me about the FF series but the only game systems it was out on were ones i didn't have. then he sent me some emu roms for the first 3 FF games in Japanese. only tried playing the first one for about half an hour cuz i kept dying, then found an English version of it. i still couldn't really get into it. like, i played it and all, but i never got as engrossed in it as i had been w/ Golden Sun (my obsession at the time)

then i met this really cool guy named Jason in Nov 2002, and he showed me some stuff from FF7. eventually last April i broke down and bought a used PSX at EB Games for $30 and got a free copy of FF7 while doing so. since then, i have played through the game MOST OF THE WAY on 3 different save files. never finished it, but definitely enjoyed it a lot.

PeTeRL90
01-29-2004, 06:38 PM
When we first bought an SNES, my brother bought two games, Breath Of Fire, and Final Fantasy IV. I started to play Breath Of Fire, and he said that if I liked that, I should try Final Fantasy IV, and so I did, and I became addicted very quickly.

CloudDragon
01-30-2004, 09:22 PM
My dad and brother were fans of the series since FF1, and I began to watch. When I was finally old enough, I started playing too.

DocFrance
01-31-2004, 03:32 AM
Christmas two years ago, me and a friend bought FFX for another friend. I had only vaguely heard of FF until then, and I thought it was pretty dorky, to tell the truth. My friend put it in and started playing, and I thought it was actually pretty cool. So I went home, downloaded an FFI ROM, because I wanted to start at the beginning. HA! After I finished the first one, and went on to FFIIj and FFIIIj, I realized they had nothing to do with eachother. I kept playing, but I played them all in order. And now, today, I am proud to announce that I have just finished FFX, the game that started it all for me.

I have completed every single numbered Final Fantasy to date.

FInalfantasyfinatic4
02-03-2004, 11:00 PM
heheh it was wen i was 5 yearsa old. i was surfing the web wen i came across final fantasy...... and after that i knew wat i was going to be wen i grow up. a game designer for square!!! my dream...

Sacred Phoenix
02-05-2004, 05:36 AM
Back in I think 1990 0r 1991, (i would of been about 9 or 10) My parents bought me Final fantasy Legend 2 for the original gameboy, and i totally loved it, except for the fact i knew nothing about how important it is to level up and get better weapons etc. so i got to the boss Venus and got stuck. Stopped playing about 3 0r 4 years later i picked it up/found it again and started playing took me a while but i figured out how to beat the game, (let me tell you, worst most unfullfilling ending. EVER). Fash forward to 2001 i was in a buy and sell store and saw final fantasy 8 for like 20 bucks, so i bought it curious to see how my beloved game had evolved over the years. I was totally blown away. I fell in love with it, it was almost crazy, i played it day and night. I beat it 5 times and could do it many more. From then on i beat 6, 9 and 10 plus I have 7, 4 and 5 waiting to be started and I have 52% of final fantasy x-2 finished. I also realized that i HAD seen some progression because i HAD seen final fantasy 6 when it had first came out, i just didn't know it. I just love Final Fantasy games!!!!!! and that is MY story...

Merph
02-05-2004, 03:52 PM
I got Final Fantasy for Christmas when I was 8 or 9 (23 now), the year the game came out.

As I got older, I got FF2 (4) and FF3 (6) for SNES and loved those as well.

Since then I have played and beat every final fantasy game that has been released, here or in Japan. (Translated roms rock)... and right now, I'm working on X-2 (almost finished) and FFTA.

edczxcvbnm
02-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
FFMQ was.

OH MY :skull::skull::skull::skull:ING GOD! I can't believe I said that. Thats not even a sentence. What was I thinking when I wrote that garbage?

Vaprice
02-05-2004, 05:01 PM
I first got into Final fantasy when I was 7. It was amazing even though I didn know what the heck I was doing.

It is very genetic because I am asian. LOL.

Aphelion
02-25-2004, 04:33 PM
I discovered FF when I saw FF7 in a magazine. Years later, I got a Playstation and a FF7. This is how my story begins...haha.

sarahm666
02-26-2004, 01:06 AM
Ok so I don't know how I got into FF but the first one I bought was FF8 and I fell in love with the game I have 9 10 and 10-2 and I'm going to buy 7 soon I aint getting 11 being that it's online and paying a fee just aint for me that and my computer would need some serious upgrading :( it still dose actauly

Dragonflame
02-26-2004, 02:25 AM
I got into FF when my friend gave me FF7 for my birthday. What a wonderful day that was. I wonder where I would be right now if it weren't for FF. I'd probably be a lot happier and have a perfect life.

Dammit! I should kill that bastard!

Kirobaito
02-26-2004, 03:57 AM
Dragonflame? Who was it that gave you that game? Hmmm? Who went all the way to Denmark to find it for you, because every copy anywhere else in the states was gone? I think that was ME!

The Real Dark Messenger
08-27-2006, 01:56 PM
I used to babysit this kid, when I was younger and he had a PlayStation. Every chance I got I tried to get my hands on the joypad and finally he gave it up - not without a fight though :lol: The one game that really got my attention was Final Fantasy VII and I have been in love with it ever since :love: So I guess a big thank you to my friend that introduced me to the world of Final Fantasy :kiss: You know who you are.

Owen Macwere
08-27-2006, 02:12 PM
In the year 1999, I saw FF8 in the TV, somekind of a show, at first i didn't care nor knew what it was, I just told my bro, this is somekind of a good picture and designing.
later I found a magazen for games and read about ff8, so I went to the market and bought it, it is my fist ff and the most one I like.
that's how it all begin.

ama124
08-27-2006, 04:59 PM
well my brothers were always big ff fans and they passed it on to me. I would always watch them play FFVII and i got into FF after that.

Shiny
08-27-2006, 09:10 PM
I was just roaming around the store looking for a new game to get into. Then I saw FF8 and FF9. I had a good feeling about these two games, sort of like a radar. Mind you I had never even heard of Final Fantasy till then and I wasn't much of an RPG player back then too. Regardless, I decided to pick up FF9 and come back for FF8 later. Then it all sort of happened.

Evastio
08-27-2006, 09:18 PM
I first started with FF2 (FF4 Japan) and I wanted to play the other FF's ever since.

Garn the Red
08-27-2006, 09:46 PM
My Grandma played #1 religiously, got me hooked, then it was all downhill when I bought FFII(AKA FFIV).

Nifleheim7
09-03-2006, 02:20 AM
I was reading PSM with a friend of mine.We were looking at the top 100 and we were sure that Tomb Raider2 will score a #1(we were big TR fans).To our surprise a game called Final Fantasy VII scored #1(TR2 was second).We thought "No,how can this be???"
Later my friend bought FFVII but he didn't liked,so i asked him if i can borrow it and he gave it to me.
It was the first time i played an RPG so in the beggining i wasn't very thrilled about it...
But soon i was addicted.I was constantly speaking to my friends about Cloud,Sephi and the other characters.And finally i knew why FFVII was better than TR2
;)

Dell
09-03-2006, 06:47 AM
This thread is already dead.

Sylvie
09-03-2006, 08:48 AM
FFVII was my first Final Fantasy. I was 5 then. My neighbor owned the game, and he was a lot older than me, but he was really nice. He gave me a whole bunch of power ranger toys and stuff, and then let me borrow FFVII. I started playing it when I got home. I couldn't read at all, and had no idea what was going on. But I still loved it, and I usually just loved watching my dad play the game. The whole feel of playing the game then was just... awesome. The atmosphere I felt when I first played it. Its hard to explain.

YTDN
09-03-2006, 09:25 AM
I read a review for X-2 in a girl's magazine, and after that we found that one of my sister's friend's owned FFX, so we borrowed it. Then I think we bought I&IIDoS, and we borrowed FFVIII off my sister's friend, and I think we found FFVII in the used rack in Gamestation, and we ordered FFIX off the internet annd got FFVI and FFVIII(again) for christmas.

DJZen
09-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Heidegger

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-03-2006, 09:30 AM
No.