PDA

View Full Version : PC and PS2 Account Interaction

Valarm
09-06-2003, 09:28 PM
I was wondering if you bought the PC version and created an account would you be able to log on to the same account using the PS2 version. Just like I can log on to EQ at my house and at my friends house I just have to change the user name.

I thought I'd like to try both platforms to see which I like better, playing online on my big screen or on my monitor.

project_mayhem
09-07-2003, 04:42 AM
i have no idea but id like to know........ for a different reason though....

i wanna play on the ps2 but since the pc version is coming out like 4 months ear;ier i might buy it for that first and then try to switch.....

Rostum
09-07-2003, 06:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that you could, seeing as PS2 and PC users play on the same servers I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-07-2003, 05:06 PM
well if the systems handle updates and such diferntly then they might not be able to switch between them.

Like if they have to make separate update patches then I can see it being possible that they arn't compatible.

Even though they DO play alongside each other.

Valarm
09-08-2003, 11:56 PM
I guess well have to wait for the PS2 release then unless one of the importers buy the PC version and let us know.

SubMatrix
09-28-2003, 07:15 AM
I've read in releases by Square-Enix that since characters will be server side saved that the platform on which you choose to play (PC vs PS2) is irrelavent so long as you've got all your stuff installed and what not. It's virtually the same as going over to a friend's house and logging onto EQ using your account on their computer. This also promotes consumers to be more inclinded to purchase both versions than if characters were platform specific.

Leighton

project_mayhem
10-02-2003, 01:51 AM
thanks unfortunately for me that means i'll prolly end up buying both versions..... ohh well i don't mind too much
i just wish they'd release both versions at the same time so i only had to buy one version to start playing the same time as everyone else