PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find FF really useful in other places?

Leia
09-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Well, we all know that your parents go on about how computer games do nothing else for you and your schoolwork. Well that is really not true! In music I got an 1+ for a music project I did on world music with a big bit on FF, japanese music and Uematsu! And in art there's no more still life for me everything I draw is fantasy! and in my singing lessons I think my teacher considering burning pieces of FF vocal music because I always take them to her! While finally, (also in art) I ended up talking to a load of boys about it and one of them renamed me "The FF Queen" Does anyone else find out that FF helps schoolwork e.t.c?!? :D

Vermachtnis
09-07-2003, 04:39 AM
I got a good grade in English class by writing a Compare and Contrast essay of the Yin/Yang and Masamune and Murasame. But, I kinda got in trouble in history class when we were studying the Crusades and Pilgramages(Sp?). Well...long story short King Richard DOES NOT equel Auron.

OH! And I know more about Norse mythology then most other people in my school.

Breine
09-07-2003, 07:47 PM
The reason why I'm good at English is mostly because of the FF-games...

Leia
09-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Oh! I just remembered something else I did... we had to write a diary in english way back in my first year at high school and mine was actually based upon V11 and the way the characters were thinking... it was pretty good actually! :laugh:

ChibiInuYasha
09-07-2003, 09:54 PM
Well in english we're reading the epic of Gilgimesh and I'm so glad that when the teacher said "Does any one know who Gilgimesh was?" I didn't say "He was the four armed swordsmen!" But most I get to show off my knowledge of Mythology seeing as how almost everything in FF has some mythological basis.

Radje
09-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Well it generally helps me in school work especially music but i find it helps me more in who i am. Final fantasy have no NEDs (Well some) but not to the extent of ur world :( Final fantasy is a whole different world to ours and i've bonded with some of the characters and brought in little bits of their personalities into mine.

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 09:18 PM
ff and cartoons teached me english.
ff teached me music
ff teached me how stupid my class mates are when they say that "ff is a stupid unknown game that only 5 ppl and you play" <_<

So what do they play??

Runescape...

Thats one of the main reasons i wish i was older...

Leia
09-17-2003, 08:31 PM
Well, new thing I did (well me and my best friend) wrote a song for FFX for piano and voice, performed it to ppl at school and they all thought it was great! :D yay! It's very easy to write songs with inspiration and FF is certainly that! Oh well I have to let my music teacher hear it now... *shudders* but it's not complete yet with only a verse and a chorus written... in fact the chorus is my signature...

Nephiliam
09-18-2003, 02:25 AM
Hmm, I don't think it is useful in other places.. But it did introduce me to the gaming world, and that is really helping me out in getting a job at a gaming store. n_n; That is all though. T_T;

ChibiInuYasha
09-19-2003, 12:08 AM
Today in drama, we had to write a story about if we were a villain or a hero and who would be are nemesis and sidekicks and all. And this one guy wrote the following.
"My name is Squall the GunBlade master, and I fight my arch rival Seifer and my nemesis Sorceress Edea, Sorceress Adel, and Ultimecia. And me and my sidekicks Irvine the gunman and Zell the fighter use our limitbreaks and it's really hard cause on the final level in Ultimecia's castle we have to use them 5 times to kill her while trying to keep casting regen."
The substitute was this really old lady who was in shock after the story. But he got a 100. I was laughing my ass off!

Radje
09-19-2003, 11:45 PM
I've nearly mastered " The road to Zanarkand" on the keyboard/piano so thats gotten me an instant 1 in my standard grades hopefully

Leia
09-20-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by radje
I've nearly mastered " The road to Zanarkand" on the keyboard/piano so thats gotten me an instant 1 in my standard grades hopefully
In my singing lessons, I've sung Melodies of Life, Suteki Da Ne (in fact I performed that to my music class) and is considering taking 1000 words next! I've also sung Eyes on Me.... maybe I should take that to my teacher too? lol

Radje
09-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Suteki Da Ne?! Impressive. I try singing to it but i always get muddles up with the words. However i do sing Melodies of life in tenor, it goes waayyy to high for me.

Leia
09-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by radje
Suteki Da Ne?! Impressive. I try singing to it but i always get muddles up with the words. However i do sing Melodies of life in tenor, it goes waayyy to high for me.
I can sing Suteki Da Ne pretty good until the high E (? I think if I remember correctly) comes in... I had the printed music and I had to listen to the piece a lot to try and get the pronounciation right... it's weird but singing in Japanese rocks! :D

Mossy
06-08-2004, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't let myself play Suteki Da Ne on mp3 till I'd finished the game, but now I have I keep singing along to it. I'm kind of getting the hang of it. Still cnan't remember what the words all mean though! That High note......... urk! I like singing along to all the Final Fantasy songs. It would have been cool to do them in school. I learnt To Zanarkand on the piano too.

Del Murder
06-09-2004, 03:52 AM
Please do not revive topics that have been silent for months.