PDA

View Full Version : Skillchain

Valarm
09-07-2003, 12:28 AM
I have read in numerous sites that it is frowned upon not understanding the skillchain, "when to start, or even the order; and those that don't store skillchain."

The best I have been to make out of this is melee classes in front to protect and taunt bestiary. And the magic class in the rear healing and fighting.

But the whole thing about storing skillchain total confused me and I think I have the concept totally wrong.

And I don't want to be one of those players.

Lionx
09-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Whenever your character attks it stores up TP, and when it reaches 100% or higher, you can use a weapon ablility.

The SkillChain is there so that as long as at least 2 people have more than 100% TP use a particular weapon skill at the right moment(like Weapon skill!....then the Second Weapon Skill) it will produce a SkillChain of sorts and do more damage than it would be without the chain.

You can also use a Mage to time its spells so that right after you finish a weapon skill, the mage casts a spell to do a MagicBurst and that will increase damage.

How do you do this right? Communication in terms on TP, and planning way beforehand who is going first, and who is going to do what second and etc.

Tom Morello
09-07-2003, 01:43 PM
I heard that you get a little extra exp if you defeat an enemy with a large chain... rumour or truth?

Lionx
09-07-2003, 07:27 PM
What you are talking about is EXP Chain, not SkillChain.

EXP Chain is when you kill monsters label "Tough" or above in a row. With each consecutive kill you get more Exp gained than the previous kill. But when you stop killing or rest for some time, you will break the chain and you wont get the bonus.

Valarm
09-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Thanks that defiantly sorts things out for me.