PDA

View Full Version : Bug at Dig Site? (small spoilers possible)

T-cell
09-07-2003, 07:44 AM
Short story: Can't climb ladder during the Digging Process. Is this a recognized bug that I am unaware of? Or is something else wrong?

I recently gave my FF7 Discs to my girlfriend, so that she could play the game for the first time. This has helped very much for her to pass the time, as distance and circumstance are currently preventing us from seeing each other as often as we would like. She is stuck at the Bone Village and is just about ready to pull her hair out. She can go up top and wander around, but not during the placement/dig phase. She has collected dozens of potions over several hours of gameplay, but fears that the critical item that she is looking for is inaccessible if she can't get up the ladder. I sifted through my memory, and came up with some possible problems, but she sounds like she is doing it right. It is difficult for me to troubleshoot over the telephone or email. Has anyone ever had this problem? Could it be a bug? Any ideas? If anyone can help us, at least two people will be very grateful.

PhoenixAsh
09-07-2003, 07:56 AM
Not being able to get up for placement shouldn't be a problem, it'll just make matching up the line of sight harder. The only time you NEED to get up the steps would be when ordering where to dig.

Is this PC or PSone verion? Have you inputted any cheats? Have you skipped the Temple of the Ancients.

My best advice would be fiddle, it tends to fix things. Try leaving the area/ choosing to search for the other set of items/ going into the forest. Other than that there are plenty of ways to cheat, which someone on here will be able to guide you on depending on hardware.

This hasn't happened to me, but it sounds fairly fixable.

Rostum
09-07-2003, 08:48 AM
Sometimes this happens to me, just try 'aggressively' moving around until you get onto the ladder. Usualy works for me. ^_^

§håd0w
09-07-2003, 03:00 PM
This happened to me too. If you changed your conrtoller settings to custom, thats why. You actually need to press circle for this (If you switched it to X)

Blackmage
09-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by masamune1287
This happened to me too. If you changed your conrtoller settings to custom, thats why. You actually need to press circle for this (If you switched it to X)

It took me awhile to realize what the crap I did wrong there. It really angered me.