PDA

View Full Version : What's the story?

ChibiInuYasha
09-07-2003, 09:55 PM
I heard FFTA had a very cliche storyline. What's the plot exactly? No spoilers thanks ;)

Kenshin IV
09-08-2003, 01:37 AM
Well, I can't say much without using some sort of spoiler, so I'll just say it's pretty cute and simple. The complete opposite of Tactics' storyline.

Meow
09-08-2003, 04:44 PM
From what i've gathered, the story is set in a universe where 'Final Fantasy' is a popular game series - essentially, imitating reality. These kids stumble across a magic book that transports them (or transforms things?) into a final fantasy-style universe. And i'd assume you spend most of the game... trying to leave? That's as much as i know.

crono_logical
09-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Apparently you can complete it in one day, so it's a rather short RPG :p

Kenshin IV
09-08-2003, 05:11 PM
It's also a Gameboy Advance game. Not only does it not have the capabilities to make an epic RPG, it's really not necessary either.

crono_logical
09-08-2003, 06:07 PM
Dunno about that, Golden Sun and it's sequel both did well to make a game comparitive in size to longer SNES RPGs :p

Rydia
09-08-2003, 11:29 PM
OK,here's a prelude to the prelude :D
Marche and his wheelchair-bound brother Doned have just arrived in the snowy town of Ivalice.Marche is about to start in the new school,where there's a boy called Mewt who's mother died,a cocky girl called Ritz,plus a whole horde of bullies

Thats all I'm gonna say :choc:

Fang221
09-09-2003, 04:10 PM
the story line is pretty simple ^_^ your a guy O_O wow >_> <_< and in some weird twisted way you end up in this world ^_^ with all kinds of ff creatures and its kinda like ruled by clans or some thing some clan help you out and you may join um then you basicly get to be the leader of the clan and pick missions and new clan members on the way thats how far i know the story line >_> your like trying to free cities from other clans so you own the turf while your doing missions to get cash :-D

Kenshin IV
09-09-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Dunno about that, Golden Sun and it's sequel both did well to make a game comparitive in size to longer SNES RPGs :p

Ah, for some reason I thought you were specificly talking in comparison to the PSX or later. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the GBA is much more powerful than the SNES was. Tactics Advance still doesn't really need to be that long as long as it's good.. And trust me, it is.

God.. I hate having to use quotes so often..

Meow
09-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Apparently you can complete it in one day, so it's a rather short RPG :p

Really? The reviews i've read say it's crazy huge. Like, 90+ hours huge. i've seen "Biggest GBA game to date" slapped on it at least twice. Perhaps most of the game is of the 'optional side-quest' variety, maybe?

Also... is it out yet? i've seen a few websites list it as coming out on Thursday (the eleventh) in the US, but most places say it was released yesterday [/confusion].

Blackmage
09-09-2003, 11:14 PM
The game came out today (9/9) at my local EB Games shop. I just picked it up a few hours ago.

Yeah, so far, the storyline is much, much simpler than good ol' FFT.

As far as game mechanics go, I wish they stuck to plain ol' Job Points to learn abilities and such. The new system is kind of annoying.

Dignified Pauper
09-10-2003, 02:08 AM
Actually, it's not Marche who is the new kid, it's Mewt.

Marche and Ritz are good friends and Mewt is the new kid who's into monsters and magic and stuff :D Just to clarify.

I just bought the game today at walmart (yay for 29.85) and it's not what i expected. Although, still good, Tactics Ogre is much better. I'd rather play the FFT for PS than this, but i'll finish it b/c it's interesting and semi-differnet. The abilities system is annoying, the Judge System is too, although, i imagine it gets better when more places are opened up.

Mwork
09-10-2003, 02:26 AM
Marche is new. Fact.

I'm not sure about Mewt, but I am certain Marche is new.

.....and I didn't get the impression Marche and Ritz were good friends....at all.....

Rydia
09-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Same here Mwork.Ritz seems really stuck-up towards Marche.
I see what Chibi meant when saying that the story line was cliched.It wouldn't be if they hadn't decided to include friggin crystals!!! Oh,how I hate crytals in Final Fantasy games!!!

crono_logical
09-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Really? The reviews i've read say it's crazy huge. Like, 90+ hours huge. i've seen "Biggest GBA game to date" slapped on it at least twice. Perhaps most of the game is of the 'optional side-quest' variety, maybe?

It's probably the biggest RPG to date if you actually do every single mission in there, but if you stick to the storyline only and not bother with the extra stuff, then I know someone that's done it in one day :p

Kenshin IV
09-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Why play the game if you're not going to do the extra stuff? In these kind of games, the gameplay comes first, and the story is just a side dish.

Crystals are pretty much a part of Final Fantasy. Just like Chocobos, Moogles, or Cid.

Also, Marche is the new kid.

crono_logical
09-10-2003, 07:55 PM
Who knows? I'm gonna do as much as possible too, I like the battle system :p

I haven't come across any crystals yet. Are these part of the main storyline (in which case I've been doing well to avoid them so far considering how many missions I've done :p )

And yes, Marche is the new kid, hence the comments at the start when the teacher says something about him not being used to snow since there wasn't snow where he came from :p

Dignified Pauper
09-10-2003, 10:08 PM
maybe they are both new then, it seemed to me that Ritz and him became good friends fast.

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 09:28 PM
i just reached my first jobs part and already got my ass kicked...the storyline seems good as long as it doesnt turn out to be a dream...

I named Marshe Flashy because of his bright shiny hair

The Big Bad
09-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Well, as others have said, it's a simple yet well-done story, which I am loving so far. I don't know how much this will spoil, but one thing I have to say is that it's one of those stories where you end up feeling guilty for winning.

And no, Ritz and Marche are not good friends. She doesn't even know Marche's name at the beginning of the story.

SoS.Atlerik
09-18-2003, 12:11 PM
Gooooood.......ppl

Marche is the new kid.

(dont you ppl read when you play, Ritz doesn't know marche's name damnit.)

Mwork
09-18-2003, 06:19 PM
....uh?

Only one person thought Marche was the new kid. Don't you read when you browse the forum?

:p