PDA

View Full Version : Czar Dragon

Cire Avlisad
09-08-2003, 01:35 AM
has anybody here actually encountered it? or is it just another one of the many rumors surrounding the final fantasy series?

Jebus
09-08-2003, 02:15 AM
I think they were gonna put it in the game, but it got left out at the last minute, there were a couple monsters like this, but i can't remember them all.

TheAbominatrix
09-08-2003, 02:24 AM
It can only be fought by hacking the rom, if its the one Im thinking of.

Outsider
09-08-2003, 02:50 AM
I heard someewhere that it was supposed to be a sidequest, but it was never really made it, don't ask me why... I saw it with a ROM hacker once, it looks a little like the Blue Dragon, I guess.

wolfmah
09-08-2003, 03:01 AM
Yeah, he looks like Blue Dragon in a brown scheme. He also have stats that can match those of the final boss (Kefka). Unfortunately, he is nowhere to be found in the game so therefor, to make him appear, you have to hack the rom with an editor that let you edit encounter fights.

The Man
09-11-2003, 01:06 AM
yes, and there's even some battle script for CzarDragon, apparently, although I don't recall what it is offhand.

GogoTheMimic
09-11-2003, 04:20 AM
I thought the Czar Dragon was supposed to be hella powerful?

TheAbominatrix
09-11-2003, 05:00 AM
He's about as powerful as Kefka, I believe.

Outsider
09-11-2003, 05:07 AM
What makes him pretty weak, I might add.

i90east
09-11-2003, 08:01 AM
Haha, so true.

GogoTheMimic
09-11-2003, 04:38 PM
That is uber-disappointing. I guess that whoever said it was hard must've hacked it. :\ Damn, I was looking forward to finding it too.

The Man
09-11-2003, 06:47 PM
CzarDragon has a much higher level than Kefka, though, if memory serves; so his HP, though being about the same, counts for more

Outsider
09-11-2003, 07:34 PM
I still doubt he would offer some real challenge. Cuz I crush Kefka in a few attacks, I doubt it would be much harder with this CzarDragon, even if he has higher level.

But anyway, if it was really some unfinished sidequest, why the hell they didn't put it in the PSX version? I just thought about that...

Flying Mullet
09-11-2003, 07:38 PM
I doubt that they did much when porting FFVI to the PSX. They added a couple of FMV's, set up the saving so that it works on memory cards and added the bonus features. Because of FFVI's horrific load times I'm led to believe that they did as little work as possible to get it over to PSX. Lazy bastards! :aimmad:

i90east
09-12-2003, 12:27 AM
Yeah I see him in the rom. Just edit the rom so that you fight him somewhere. Perhaps I'll put this in the version I'm making. It may be possible to replace one of the 8 dragons with the Czar Dragon. That would be very nice.

The Man
09-12-2003, 01:19 AM
they barely even bothered fixing woolsey's often horrific translation, how could you expect them to include CzarDragon? :p

GogoTheMimic
09-12-2003, 09:00 AM
For example when you get Locke back after finishing the Phoenix Cave, when he's listing the items, one of the items that you get is a Fenix Down, hmm, interesting, I don't remember seeing any of those on my PSX...

Doomgaze
09-12-2003, 09:06 AM
So you whine about the changes Woolsey made, but you do want them to add a boss that wasn't in the original. Interesting.

Outsider
09-12-2003, 09:43 AM
I'm not whining, I just think it would be interesting if they added a few sidequests , and some more little nothings to the game, nothing that would really change it.

Kenshin IV
09-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Actually, I think the addition an extra boss would have been pretty cool. Not something that was required, but pretty cool none-the-less. If they were gonna do it, though, I wish they'd make him a tad bit harder than the wimp known as Kefka. Then again... Kefka might have been the hardest boss in that game... wow, that's sad...

Celes
09-12-2003, 07:38 PM
It would have been cool if they added some extra bosses and sidequests to FF6 playstation version. I still thought it was a good remake, regardless. Who is this Woolsey guy everyone is talking about?:mog:

The Man
09-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Ted Woolsey is the guy who translated FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, and Secret of Mana, amongst other releases. He's often criticized for taking a number of artistic liberties with the scripts of those games, such as changing the Grand Lion of Chrono Trigger, a sword that doesn't look even remotely like the Masamune of legend, to the Masamune. Many of his changes, such as Kefka lines like "Run! Run! Or you'll be well done!" and "You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet," are quite amusing, but some of them, like the aforementioned Grand Lion disaster, are a bit irritating. Also, his scripts were often terribly rushed, so there are some bits where the Woolsey translation is of excessively poor quality compared to the original Japanese. That's not really his fault, since anyone doing a translation of a game script in such a limited time frame would encounter such a difficulty - fan translators like Sky Render (http://www.rpgone.net/ff6.htm) and J2e (their website is down now, apparently, but you can find their FF4 patch here (http://sgc.jandar.net/historic/apoc102998/translate_e.html)) often spend years perfecting their versions of game translations.

Celes
09-13-2003, 03:59 AM
Thanks Citizen Bleys for the explanation. Very helpful;)

Kenshin IV
09-13-2003, 04:20 AM
What would Final Fantasy be without sheety translation? I mean, we wouldn't have such classics as "son of a submariner", "this guy are sick", or the imfamous "spoony bard."

i90east
09-13-2003, 07:42 AM
Sheesh, this thread got hijacked. :)

Doomgaze
09-14-2003, 11:56 PM
a)If by "perfecting" you mean "adding random obscenities," sure.
b)That's not Bleys, Celes.

m4tt
09-15-2003, 12:05 AM
At the moment, yes it is Bleys. :p I don't think Celes saw all the name changing buisiness.

Kenshin IV
09-15-2003, 12:07 AM
...I know there was just a different post and poster a second ago that said basically the same thing...

m4tt
09-15-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV
...I know there was just a different post and poster a second ago that said basically the same thing...

I forgot to log out of my girlfriend's account. :p

The Man
09-15-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Doomgaze
If by "perfecting" you mean "adding random obscenities," sure.They're hardly random, since they were in the original Japanese games as well. And considering the original translation of FFIV was shit and the original translation of FFVI left a lot of details out completely, I'd hardly say restoring the obscenities was the only thing either translation did.

Kenshin IV
09-15-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by m4tt
I forgot to log out of my girlfriend's account. :p
And the mystery is solved! Huzzah!

Emperor Grahf
09-19-2003, 02:28 PM
I suppose,Master-Bleys,that you must the gentleman who helped me with all the damn troubles of my account and the webmaster of this beautiful site ? If so,I thank you once again. Oh you can delete the otehr account I created btw(crap don,t remember which names I gave to it though,darn memory I'm gettin' old(21!!!)).

The Man
09-19-2003, 07:17 PM
no, I'm not actually that same Bleys, that would be Gareas, I've just stolen his nickname for awhile, much as I'd like to go on pretending that I did help you out :P

I'd recommend that you PM him something along those lines :P

robfinalfantasy
10-30-2003, 11:19 AM
I'm typing this from a document I printed a few years ago when I was just a teen.

CzarDragon has 65530 HP and 65530 MP. He absorbs all eight elements and has no weakness. If he is attacked physically, he will counter with his special technique, 'SoulSyphon', which, if it works, will drain all of one party member's HP (or the amount of damage the Dragon has suffered -- whichever is less). If attacked with magic, he will counterattack with 'Step Mine'. When he loses all his HP, he'll unleash four HyperDrives on your party (use Life 3!!). If you manage to survive that, your reward will be 16,000,002 exp., 9,000,000 GP, 90 Magic Points, Economizer x4, Paladin Shield x4, and Illumina x1. Good luck!!

i90east
10-31-2003, 01:20 AM
Did you make that up just for imaginatative fun? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, because it's not true :)

The only thing Czardragon does is a regular attack over and over and over. That's the only thing in his battle script.

Those are some good ideas though, and since I'm programming the CzarDragon in my version and putting him in the game, I'll consider those things, except the big rewards of course.

robfinalfantasy
10-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by i90east
Did you make that up just for imaginatative fun? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, because it's not true :)

The only thing Czardragon does is a regular attack over and over and over. That's the only thing in his battle script.

Those are some good ideas though, and since I'm programming the CzarDragon in my version and putting him in the game, I'll consider those things, except the big rewards of course. Nah I didn't make it up. I have better things to do. It did sound a bit a though. Also I have to consider that the rest of the "rumors" that accompanied the CzarDragon rumor in the document were really bogus. It wouldn't surprise me that this one was too.

A link: I didn't find a link to the original document, but I did find a link that contains the same information that I posted. Check it out if you want. http://con.opgaming.com/ff6/rumours.php