PDA

View Full Version : Great Glacier. Help Meeeeeee....

Nevermore
09-08-2003, 05:40 PM
I have had this game ever since it came out, and no, no not once have I seen what the Alexander Summon looks like.
Because getting it isn't working.

I know WHAT to do; dip your finger into the Hot Springs, which I have located, then seek out a chilly women named Snow, who is hidden in a cave, and gets tremendously angsty because you touched the springs. Take her to school, and you get the Summon.
Although I can't take her anywhere, because I can't find her.
I've met a random enemy named Snow, a women, about twenty of them by now. But I have seen no sprite of any purple women named Snow sitting in a cave.

What cave is this? I have seen the blasted Great Glacier up and down and around searching for this damn hag, I know it by heart..So do you have to do something specific to get to her, other then touch the Hot Springs?

I've read two faqs just now, one telling me the women is found east, another faq says west, what the hell?

Someone please tell me what to do? Or do you have to do it at a specific time? I don't know..

crono_logical
09-08-2003, 06:11 PM
I believe it's East, since I remember coming out at the mountains on the east of the map if you continue past where she is after you pass her cave. You just need to head east from the cave in the middle of the stormy area where you can place markers to keep track of direction as the map rotates. I'm not aware of it having to be done at any specific time, since I've never had a problem finding her myself :p

Nevermore
09-08-2003, 07:00 PM
East of the snowy fields with the lone cave it is, then. I admit never having tried that, so I don't know what lies East..I didn't even know you could go there.
And to think I was going to wander there and then dismissed the thought in total despair..Blawg.

What about the guy in the cabin, the one who challenges Gaia's cliff? I was instructed to talk to him once I invaded the streams. I don't see what in tarnations he would have to do with this though.

Anyway, thank you kindly, East it is then.

Sefie1999AD
09-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Nevermore
What about the guy in the cabin, the one who challenges Gaia's cliff? I was instructed to talk to him once I invaded the streams. I don't see what in tarnations he would have to do with this though.

Well, touching the springs, beating up Snow for Alexander Summon and getting out of the snowfield without passing out is hard (your guys will pass out if they wander in the snowfields for 10-20 minutes). That's why I always touch the springs and then go to the old man's cabin to rest, and then I'll go and beat Snow.

Nevermore
09-08-2003, 07:41 PM
So the effects of the Springs won't wear off if you leave the Glacier?
And does it matter where you start from to get the Summon?
All my attempts at locating the women have ended up in my passing out and waking up in the cabin, so I always started from up there to seek her, and not the actual entrance of the Glacier..Well I think I'll find her now.

Strider
09-08-2003, 10:05 PM
Where in the hell are the springs, anyway? I've never been able to really distinguish anything on the guide map.

§håd0w
09-09-2003, 12:46 AM
First off... Just get Master Summon materia. You can summon Alexander unlimited times, and it doesn't have any effect on HP, MP, etc...

Second

Where in the hell are the springs, anyway? I've never been able to really distinguish anything on the guide map.

Everything on the map appears on screen somewhere. There are usually landmarks that will let you know what part of the map you are on.

Big D
09-09-2003, 02:19 AM
There's a fairly rough bridge over a stream that's almosty completely frozen over. Almost. Walk down to a thawed section of it and press 'O'. Cloud should dip his hand in and say "Ah, a hot spring" or something. The Snow Woman's cave is in the east. Not sure if it's marked on the map... I think that only the cave through which you can exit is marked on the map.
Snow's cave is near a crossroads where several paths intersect.

If you think that's tough, try finding the 'Added Cut' materia, also cunningly hidden on the Great Glacier. That one took me forever.

Nevermore
09-09-2003, 04:11 PM
I found the Added-Cut, although it took me a lengthy amount of time as well.

The Hot Springs are Northeast of the map. Look on the map by pressing the Square button to locate them, it's like two dark blotches on the North eastern side, almost right under a bunch of spikes.

And I finally got the damn Summon, and no, the cave isn't marked on the map whatsoever.

crono_logical
09-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Added Cut is easy too :p Am I the only person that does this place systematically to make sure I comb every single path in it? :p

Flying Mullet
09-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Added Cut is easy too :p Am I the only person that does this place systematically to make sure I comb every single path in it? :p
Nope, I usually run around in it until I pass out, and by then I've found everything. Then again I've always been a sucker for snowy environments areas in video games. Love the snow!

§håd0w
09-09-2003, 11:38 PM
Added Cut

First thing I actually missed other than W-Item. Where can it be found?

Nevermore
09-11-2003, 05:01 PM
You know the screen on the North East of the Great Glacier, with four trails? One leads to the Hot Springs.
So reach this screen, travel to the upper most path on the right, and on the next screen, carefully look on the ground for something blue, which shines. It's hard to see though. But that's the materia.

I actually drew the map on Paint, (Crude but it worked) but it won't let me upload it...I hate it..just hate it.

_

§håd0w
09-11-2003, 10:07 PM
I think I know where you are talking about. Just send it to me through AIM or MSN

Big D
09-11-2003, 11:50 PM
I actually drew the map on Paint, (Crude but it worked) but it won't let me upload it...I hate it..just hate it.
Gotta be less than 100k.;)

Nevermore
09-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Eer..?

You have attempted to upload an invalid type of attachment. The valid extensions for attachments are: gif jpg png mp3 txt wav doc htm rar html zip gz mid mht shtml

Whatever...I'm sure he'll find it..

Raistlin
09-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by masamune1287
First off... Just get Master Summon materia. You can summon Alexander unlimited times, and it doesn't have any effect on HP, MP, etc...

That would be an interesting feat, considering you have to have Alexander to get Master Summon.

Oh, and I always get Alexander and Added-Cut...I've done it so often now, it's fairly standard. However, they both took a lot of time my first time through. Very frustrating, indeed.

§håd0w
09-15-2003, 11:24 PM
You get it for beating Emerald Weapon. I didn't a lot of the summons before I had Master Summon.

Nevermore
09-16-2003, 04:47 PM
I got all the Summons now, so I'm not worried.
I can't beat that goddamn savage uunderwater though...s'up with this guy? Christ.

I'll Air Tam Storm you, damn it..

§håd0w
09-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Take off ALL unnecessary materia. Thats your problem. Aire Tam Storm does damage based on how much materia you have equiped (even on KOd characters)

MagicKnight Locke
09-17-2003, 04:45 PM
or get the final attack materia,link it to phoenix and it will revive you when you die

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Until you run out of MP

Nevermore
09-17-2003, 09:41 PM
That's right. I've got Final Attack, which is linked to Phoenix (Two stars) and that crazy cannibal seeped away ALL my blasted MP before annihilating my ass. So, Cloud summoned the Phoenix, which was presented to me with a message stating I had not enough MP. How do I avoid that? It seems impossible.

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 10:52 PM
MP Absorb? It works most of the time. But thats where you come to a dilemma. If you hook HP Absorb with KTOR when fighting Emerald, you never run out of HP. If you hook MP absorb, you never run out of MP (If you use Mime instead of recasting the spell.) It's a tough choice.

Flying Mullet
09-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by masamune1287
MP Absorb? It works most of the time. But thats where you come to a dilemma. If you hook HP Absorb with KTOR when fighting Emerald, you never run out of HP. If you hook MP absorb, you never run out of MP (If you use Mime instead of recasting the spell.) It's a tough choice.
Take two KoTR and hook a HP absorb and a MP absord to each one and that solves that problem.

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 11:05 PM
And how in the hell would you find the time to master the first KoTR?!?!?!

Flying Mullet
09-17-2003, 11:09 PM
I didn't mean that it was easy or quick, just that it could be done. I've master three or four of them on my oldest save, using Triple AP groth and fighting those red dots in the Northern Crater, but it is a tedious and time consuming task.

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Wow, I think I might have one mastered. But only because I had it equipped to Apocolypse when I fought all the weapons. Which red dots are you talking about? I remember red dots in FFIX, but where were they in FFVII?

Flying Mullet
09-17-2003, 11:24 PM
In the Northern Crater. They appear in that area that's like a swamp with the muddy walls. They appear in groups of 3 and each one gives you 2,000 AP, so with Triple AP you can get 18,000 per materia on the Triple AP weapon. You can also run into magic pots, which will give you 1,000 AP, but to beat them you have to give them an elixir, then they will run away and you get the AP. This isn't hard to do either if you use the item duplication trick for the elixirs.

So theoretically if you only fight the red dots and get 18,000 AP per battle then Knights of the Round takes 59 battles to master(1,050,000 AP to master / 18,000 AP per battle). It still gets tedious but it makes it faster.

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 11:33 PM
That's why I never saw them... I took the other path. I did go back on The Road Not Taken (Pardon the very bad pun.) But never really encountered much of anything since I had the materia that decreases your encounter rate... I think it was called Enemy Away, or something corny like that. But is there any other weapon that Triple AP grwoth other than Apocolypse?

Flying Mullet
09-17-2003, 11:48 PM
The only other one in the game is Cid's Scimitar, which is found in the underwater reactor in Junon.

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 11:53 PM
Damn. I sold that as soon as I got Venus Gospel. I neve used Cid anyway, so it's not like it did me anygood to keep it. Besides, I was short on cash at that point.

Raistlin
09-18-2003, 02:17 AM
You sold a triple growth weapon? Tsk, tsk,

Lehteb
09-18-2003, 03:41 AM
You sold the Scimitar for money????

being a special weapon, you get all of $1 for it. not a good deal if you ask me...

§håd0w
09-18-2003, 01:00 PM
I never used Cid, so it didn't do me anygood. I didn't recall how much I got for it, since I sold it along with some materia and other weapons.

Nevermore
09-18-2003, 06:03 PM
I always keep one of everything, weather I need it or not. Hell, I kept one of the Batteries and a piece of Mythril, plus two great Gospels.

§håd0w
09-18-2003, 06:12 PM
I have like 20 Great Gospels, a battery, mythril, and 99 of the quite 'useful' Masamune Blades, 1/12 Soldiers, and Street Sweeper.

Nevermore
09-18-2003, 06:32 PM
You mean Super Sweeper.

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 01:31 AM
Whatever... lol. I know it says something about the reactors. Never really paid attention to it. Just know that I have 99 of them.

Nevermore
09-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Says something like "A new machine to defend the reactor!". It doesn't have any apparent use as far as I know, though.

§håd0w
09-22-2003, 06:28 PM
You can sell them for 25 gil a piece. Other than that, it just for bragging rights. Like Save the Queen in FFIX. Only for bragging rights. No use for any of these items:

Masamune Blade
Super Sweeper
1/12 Soldier
Tissue

I think that was it. There might have been more, but I don't feel like looking for them.

And it turns out I didn't sell the Scimitar. It was Dragoon Lance that I sold.

Nevermore
09-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Dio's Diary and letter both suck.
I didn't know you could sell the sweeper...yeah, bragging rights kick ass. I'm also not using the Save Crystal for the last dungeon. It's gonna collect dust with the rest of FF7's items.

§håd0w
09-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Lol. Those too, his autograph is pointless as well. My Sav Crystal is at the exit of one of the paths, so everytime you try to leave the crater (after making it to the bottom) you're prompted to save everytime because I put it so close to the exit.

joerevs300
05-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Ok, keep in mind I haven't managed this EITHER (LOL) but it's only because I just learned what I was doing wrong yesterday... :) Unless you're a perfect game kind of person, you don't need it to finish the game.

- As most have pointed out, you've got to touch the hot spring. You said you had that down.
- Now, remember the part where it's all snow blowing and you have to place the flags to see where you've gone? (It's the same screen where you find the crappy "All" materia in the cave smack in the middle of the map). You have to head EAST on that screen in order to find the cave where Snow is located. There's no other way to it.
- Snow only has 4000 HP so smack her with a Beta blast and a couple attack rounds and she'll go down hard.

I actually blew through there this time, only getting the Safety Bit. I figure I'll backtrack later for the Added Cut and Alexander Materia.

It's amazing how much fun and emotion this game has even after you put it down for awhile. There are PS3 and XBOX 360 games that can't even hold a candle to FFVII and this is over 10 years after the fact!

As a sidebar: Did anyone see they are releasing a sequal to FFII (FFIV) on the Wii Ware? It was a moblie phone game in Japan. I might just have to buy a freaking Wii so I can play it! LOL

Rantz
05-16-2009, 10:59 PM
This thread is older than Raptor Jesus. And we all know what happens when you revive Raptor Jesus... What I'm trying to say is, don't revive old threads.