PDA

View Full Version : A CALL TO ALL FINAL FANTASY LOVERS

FinalLethal
09-09-2003, 08:33 AM
sin_harvest and myself have been talking recently about the rumours of ff7 being remade for the playstation2. We have also heard about how loyal ff fans would enjoy seeing a ff7-2. So we have decided to try and get as many people involved as possible, we will go to other boards and post this message and hope you will too. We want to make squaresoft not remake ff7 but make a totally new game based around zach and sephiroth and possibly the war with Wutai etc etc. As loyal ff fans we have supported squaresoft since the very early days of snes right up and till the playstation2 and now although we are incredibly grateful we feel that squaresoft owe us ff7-2 because lets face it, without us there would be no squaresoft (us being the entire final fantasy community). Please write to other forums and write to squaresoft asking for a ff7-2. Squaresoft cannot say that it would require too much work to rebuild the environment because they are making new environments from scratch e.g. ff11,12. Im sure that almost every rpg lover will not turn a blind eye to ff7-2 if created since it will be one of the greatest games created.

PLEASE post your thoughts and try and help us, the more the better, if we get more people to write to squaresoft we have a better chance of them creating a game which should have been created a long time ago

peace

Kawaii Ryûkishi
09-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Final Fantasy VII forum.

Outsider
09-09-2003, 08:52 AM
I really can't understand it... Not this FF7-2, uh... Remake stuff. But how people want so badly a sequel to a game that they say they love so much.
Personaly, I don't care if they'll make a sequel for FF7, but I think this way:

My favorite FF EVER is FF6. I would hate if they made a sequel to it, cuz they would most likely ruin that awesome history (YES, they would). I would hate to see they mess up to something I like so much.

I dunno, I think that there are things that must lay quiet. It had it's time, and now it's over. It will live forever in our memories.

But if you say remake in a way to just get an old game and put better grafix and sound, but keep the history (Like FFOrigins, for example), then I think it's a good idea, of course.

TheAbominatrix
09-09-2003, 09:00 AM
I just dont see what the big deal is. If they make it, they make it. If they dont, they dont. We'll live, either way. Nothing for everyone to get worked up about and start campaigning for.

Angel Yuna
09-09-2003, 10:53 AM
there should not be a re make of this game or a ff7-2

ff 7 is great how it is, its a classic, there really is no need to re make this game, i persoanlly would be pissed off if they did, what is the point in trying to re make a classic game which is already great as it is

the ffx -2 thing is cool imo but ff7-2 no way, just leave it as it is, square will be doing a big mistake re making it

FinalLethal
09-09-2003, 11:33 AM
you obviously all are pathetic lil whingy bitches who complain everytime square make something which isnt 'up to scratch' with you. You have no faith in squaresoft by saying 'oh i dont want them to ruin the game that was already great' may i add that they themselves made that game great and to say that they couldnt do it again is basically saying "wow you guys made a great game once, must of been a fluke"

tssk tssk

TheAbominatrix
09-09-2003, 11:42 AM
1. Please dont call people names, it's rude.
2. Just because not everyone is up for sequels, it doesnt mean they have no faith. I personally am very eager to play X-2
3. Square has made plenty of great games. Most of them before VII. Why dont you go play those games instead of obsessing over VII?

We're whiney? Who's the one whining to Square about making this sequel? If they make it, they do. If they dont, they dont. No number of petitions will change their minds. They know how many people want it.

§håd0w
09-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Hey guess what everyone? It's not gonna happen... at least not in the next 2-4 years. Why do people keep coming up with these pathetic rumours? It's almost as bad as people claiming they can revive Aeris. This topic has been discussed at least once a week in a different thread everytime.

TheAbominatrix
09-09-2003, 11:56 PM
Well regardless of whether it's happening or not, griping at Square wont change anything in the least.

§håd0w
09-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Well said...

FinalLethal
09-10-2003, 07:45 AM
first of all before making stupid remarks like "oh play the other ff's before VII" ill have you know that i have played most of the ff's before VII which include 3,6 and i think 5 or 4 cant remember. Also i was thinking of posting this in my original msg but decided not to

i knew some one would be idiotic enough to say 'but your the one bitching about remakes" so i ask you do you think there is a difference between bitching and asking for support or expressing your opinion about something. Just to make sure u dont say "but we said our opinions too" ill tell you why i wrote what i wrote.

Your excuse for not creating a new ffVII was that you have no faith in square to create a second.

Also for the people who said games that were great had their time and should not be brought back i draw your attention to Ninja Gaiden for the xbox and games like shinobi on ps2.

Really you guys should think before you post, i mean i really do have an answer for everything youve said. GG

lethal

btw masamune what post are you reading? did i ever make a rumour saying ff7-2 was being created or did i simply ask a ff community to rally behind getting square to make a new ff7. Once again i say think before you type because it makes an ass out of you for talking about something irrelevent.

TheAbominatrix
09-10-2003, 07:52 AM
First. Dont double post. That's what the edit/delete button is for. Secondly, I never said I didnt have faith in Square to make another good game. I said it's nothing to make a fuss about. You're frothing at the mouth over this, and it's stupid. Its like every other otaku campaign on ther internet. Square knows how many people want the game, they dont need a bunch of 'omfg plz make dis game!" letters.

There's no need to get hostile towards anyone, nor to call names. No one here has been hostile towards you, nor called you any names. If you dont want people to express their opinion, dont post yours on a public board for people to reply to. Grow up, buddy. It's a video game, not the end of the world.

FinalLethal
09-10-2003, 09:16 AM
hey final fantasy 7 was a good game and i wanted a remake, the truth is i wont carry this any further cuz i myself dont care that much, however i dont like when people doubt (which is what people did) squaresoft.

meh i really dont care anymore

oops did i break one of the sacred rules of forums? [YES ~ Big D] not to double post sorry if i did it

TheAbominatrix
09-10-2003, 09:20 AM
It's a company without emotion. No matter how much they doubt Squaresoft, it doesnt hurt Squaresoft's feelings. However, when you call people b*tches, asses, and idiots, that can hurt feelings. Not to mention it being incredibly rude and childish. If no one agrees with you, that's okay. You're entitled to your point of view, just let other people have theirs.

In your first post, you supported a sequel, not a remake. I can tell you that a lot more people are open to a remake as opposed to a sequel.

And, doubting Square is not a big deal. They have failed in the past. People can be as wary as they wish, especially when it comes to series they love and games that cost upwards of 60 bucks a pop.

Big D
09-10-2003, 09:45 AM
OK, people... no need for any name-calling here. Let's just all air our points of view in a civilised manner, please?

FinalLethal, please use the edit/delete button to change what's in your posts, rather than double-posting. It's tidier that way.:)

Ashley, the warn button is your friend. Show it that you care.;)

As has been said... a remake and sequel are unlikely, but that doens't have to mean they're impossible, either. A remake could just be seen as an attempt to screw money out of the gaming public without really having to produce a new product; besides, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's just my opinion, anyway.

A sequel could potentially be great. Whether there is one or isn't one, though, I'm cool with it.
Sequel = potential to mess up big-time.
No sequel = no chance of ever re-visiting one of the greatest fictional worlds of all time.

Merely my opinion, though.

Kindo
09-10-2003, 10:21 AM
I personally would like a FF7-2... If they manage to maintain the same feeling and such that FF7 had. And since I hate the way X-2 looks, I sincerily hope they won't make it like that. You know what I mean, naked chicks with blazing guns. I know there are lots of people out there who's really looking forward to X-2, but I'm disgusted by it.

soulICE
09-10-2003, 04:20 PM
We want to make squaresoft not remake ff7 but make a totally new game based around zach and sephiroth and possibly the war with Wutai etc etc.

ok im being picky here, but wouldnt that story make it a prequel since all that happened before FF7's story?

anyway.. i might like to see a remake.. like steal FFX's base or whatever..(pissed off tidus with a bad hair day=cloud)

just kidding! :rolleyes2

sequel tho, NO. in my opinion anyway(key words there). whats there to make a story about after the original game ends?

ChibiInuYasha
09-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Why would Squaresoft risk millions just to satisfy a few people. And BTW I think it was Tetsuya Nomura who said he didn't want to ruin such a great game with a sequel.

§håd0w
09-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by FinalLethal
btw masamune what post are you reading? did i ever make a rumour saying ff7-2 was being created or did i simply ask a ff community to rally behind getting square to make a new ff7. Once again i say think before you type because it makes an ass out of you for talking about something irrelevent.

Thought about it. And I'll now say it again. FFVII-2 isn't gonna happen. Neither is a remake. I've seen this same idea in this forum so many times. It's getting old now.

Rostum
09-11-2003, 12:23 AM
Been done before, try some new idea.

Outsider
09-11-2003, 01:21 AM
I would quote some stuff hre, but it will give me some work, and I'm too lazy.

Anyway...

1 - I lost my faith in Squaresoft making great games after Chrono Cross and FF8. Now don't think it's strange if they make a bad one.

2 - Yes, there's a new Ninja Gaiden (and a new R-Type too, that looks great BTW), but those games have no history , or world, or even detailed characters to be ruined. Final Fantasy has.

3 - When I said "It was great, and now it's over", I mean it. Try to live with that. I think that they shoud always move to something new, and maybe one day make something even better (I don't believe it's possible after FF6 and Chrono Trigger, but I think that they have the power to surprise me).

-=]Assassin[=-
09-14-2003, 03:48 AM
i Reamake would be nice but i haope they wont change anything. most of all dont make aries revieable cus that would kill the story and as for FF7-2 i pray that never happens.

Advent Child
09-14-2003, 07:03 AM
i'd rather they didn't make another.

MagicKnight Locke
09-14-2003, 09:29 AM
This thread is as good as saying:

"I'll call all fans here,get ready to show yourself!!"

Oh btw i like ff7 but ff8 is better ;)

§håd0w
09-14-2003, 01:54 PM
Oh btw i like ff7 but ff8 is better

Finally. Someone who sees things my way.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Final Fantasy 7 is the only Final Fantasy I like. I wouldn't mind a re-make-in fact, I would LOVE a re-make- but a sequel would make me want to stick my head in the microwave.

TheAbominatrix
09-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff
Final Fantasy 7 is the only Final Fantasy I like. I wouldn't mind a re-make-in fact, I would LOVE a re-make- but a sequel would make me want to stick my head in the microwave.

Well now I want a sequel enough to mindlessly harass Square on a daily basis.