PDA

View Full Version : ePSXe help

Flying Mullet
09-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Okay, I finally downloaded the ePSXe emulator and I'm trying to get it working now, but I'm running into problems with it. I've tried two games on it, FFVI and FFT, and have hit snags in both. On FFVI, when I hit the first save point in Narshe, I hit the save command and the game faded to a black screen and just sat there. And on FFT, it like to lock up when a battle starts or in-between actions(right before the menu comes up for your character to choose their next action) and the characters just sit there striding in place.

I have a 2 ghz p4 with 1 gig of ram running win2k with a cd burner/dvd combo and an ati mobility radeon 7500 graphics card.

I know that there are a lot of combinations of drivers out there to choose from and it all depends based on your hardware configuration, but any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm using scph1001 as the bios, Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.73 for the video driver and ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2 for the cdrom driver.

crono_logical
09-09-2003, 06:45 PM
My guess is it's the CD driver. I'd recommend getting Pete's for that if you have to run the game from the CD drive for the FF6 problem. It's more sensible to make an image of the CD onto the HD instead though, since there's one less driver that can cause problems, and loading times become almost non-existant due to the speed difference between CD drives and HDs :p

What sound plugin are you using, by the way?

I haven't played FF6 PSX properly to say if it works or not, although I've had no problems so far. FFT emulated nicely for me though, never had a problem with that :p

Flying Mullet
09-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
My guess is it's the CD driver. I'd recommend getting Pete's for that if you have to run the game from the CD drive for the FF6 problem. It's more sensible to make an image of the CD onto the HD instead though, since there's one less driver that can cause problems, and loading times become almost non-existant due to the speed difference between CD drives and HDs :p
How do I make an image of the CD?

What sound plugin are you using, by the way?
Pete's MIDAS Audio Driver 1.7

I haven't played FF6 PSX properly to say if it works or not, although I've had no problems so far. FFT emulated nicely for me though, never had a problem with that :p
*is jealous* :p

crono_logical
09-09-2003, 06:56 PM
MIDAS is a horrible sound plugin :p Either use the epsxe core, PeOPs DSound, or (my favourite) the Eternal SPU plugin. epsxe core is the easiest to set up but can make some sound effects sound like they're on the SNES, the others need changing on a game by game basis to make sure they work but sound much nicer :p

You'll need a CD ripping program like CDRWin or Blindwrite if you want to make a disc image :p

Flying Mullet
09-09-2003, 07:23 PM
You'll need a CD ripping program like CDRWin or Blindwrite if you want to make a disc image :p
Which would you recommend?

crono_logical
09-09-2003, 08:55 PM
You'll need a CD ripping program like CDRWin or Blindwrite if you want to make a disc image :p CDRWin is my favourite though :p CloneCD ain't bad either :p