Xander
09-09-2003, 11:04 PM
It's nice! Very colourful :) Who is it?

Female Ryuichi
09-10-2003, 08:00 PM
My RP (or role playing) Character

ChibiInuYasha
09-10-2003, 08:22 PM
It could use some more color but otherwise, pretty good. Not excellent but good.

Female Ryuichi
09-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Awww *sniff* You guys are great *glomps posters*

Female Ryuichi
09-13-2003, 12:35 PM
More art to hail! Myself this time

ChibiInuYasha
09-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Now that one I really like!!

Miriamel
09-13-2003, 06:53 PM
Your drawings look flat. There's a lot that needs improvement. I like the eyes you draw.

The neck is far too huge though, the shoulders are off, she has no breasts, no waist and looks like a piece of wood rather than a human. She's missing curves - curves are fun to draw. Take a look at reference pictures, you'll see that every human is curved. Try to draw those shapes. It might be hard at first, but it'll get easier with practice.

As to the clothes - they're lacking every sort of movement. Take a look at your clothes. They aren't just pinned to your body, are they? They have wrinkles and bend according to your body's curves.

Heads aren't just circles, they exist in many different forms and shapes. Try a bit of variety there.

Did you go for a comic style or a (somewhat) accurate anatomic style?

I don't want to sound mean or anything, but seriously, practice and you might get somewhere. So far it's no art to me, I'm sorry. :/

Female Ryuichi
09-25-2003, 08:15 PM
I should use a guide more often

Guess who?

Kami
09-26-2003, 01:34 AM
the last one is a bit better than the rest. but i have to agree with miriamel. stick with her advice or construtive criticism.

Female Ryuichi
10-25-2003, 01:24 PM
This one...well the clothes are hard to do. But I tried, and I will start reviewing other work soon! :)

Ultima Seraph
10-29-2003, 05:40 PM
I'm pretty much agreed with Miriamel, but don't be discouraged!!!

Anyone who's started to draw was never that good at first, but that never discouraged me, or anyone else I know! Keep practicing.

I do recommend (for an anatomy reference) any of Burne Hogarth's books. They're really detailed and explain a lot.

I do like the bright colors... so different from all the dark stuff in my artwork. x.x Keep it up! I like seeing someone so passionate!

Female Ryuichi
12-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Yes, I do know this thread is old BUT this is a real improvment in my art....please don't lock it mods!

RinoaHeartilly777
12-30-2003, 01:14 AM
I see definate improvement on the last one. Keep up the practice, you could be really good soon if you work a little more on the things you need to.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-05-2004, 12:01 AM
theres definate improvement there!! Keep practicing...eventually u'll develop your own unique style and by then you'll be a pro at it mate....

Chaos
01-05-2004, 10:54 PM
*obligatory hail*

Well, the last piece is a definate improvement, just by the strength of the colours you used. It really gave it more punch than the others.

One thing, the shading on the eyes looks too symetrical to me. If the face isn't flat then one eye would have less shading, if the light isn't coming from face on. Or something. But anyway, de-syemtricalise it plzthx.

Yeah, follow everyones advice, I'm not gunna waste time repeating it. Take it on board and don't fume inside about people not appreciating your art or whatever. I know you ain't on this thread, but don't let a couple of people admitting that your art isnt the best thing since Michaelangelo picked up a paintbrush put you off drawing or fill you with hate for the person who told the truth.
So yeah, keep on practicing cos you can go far! :)

Chaos

Rayne
01-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Did you use that how to draw manga book?

Nice improvements! Don't give up and don't forget to learn from mistakes ;)