PDA

View Full Version : The *UNpositive* FFX thread

Bahmant zero
09-09-2003, 10:41 PM
I don't know if it's just me getting this feeling, but there seems to be so many positive things that people on this forum are always picking out about the game and I just think that the game deserves some non-support!

but seriously now, its better to have a focused hate thread then many unfocused flame fights so this is hear for serious discussions on the negative feelings towards FFX, and to a further extent FF10-2.

Im asking nicley now, no FFX lovers seeking a flame war, mainly with the floowing phrases
"Dont play it then!"
"You are non ff fan noobs" or
"Just give it a chance!"
so try and keep fanage to a minum

i have many reasons for my dislike of this game and its sequal, in my view the charaters where undevloped, espically if you compare them to other charters with alot of past, motives and depth from games such as ff6, and ff7. Many features where lacking in the game such as a world map, it was one long road, boss, road, road boss,hut, cave, boss and that was it. The story was to simplistic and gave rushed responce at the start to tell you everything about this quiet dull story. Dispite the characters not having a real past, age or even name there personailty changes are unrealistic in humans. With the realse of the sequal many postive features have been taken away such as aeons, and charcters to reduce it too 3 (all whom are female) and square had changed its target aduience from fans to other genre fans, a very disapointing move upon a disapoting game.
i could go on for a while but im going to open up the floor to discusion, and remember no FFX lovers!

TheAbominatrix
09-09-2003, 10:51 PM
Here's a down fact. There's way too many stupid threads like these. Since FFX was released, there have been more than enough threads pointing out and griping on every little mistake. And since X-2 was first conceived, we've had more whining. It really is terribly annoying. No, this is not annoying fanage, even though I loved X. I get tired of bashing threads for every game, even the ones I disliked. It's just annoying.

§håd0w
09-09-2003, 11:58 PM
She has a point. There's quite possibly 4 or 5 of these types of threads on the FIRST PAGE!!! Xander just wrote that other thread to get some support, not to start a flame war. There's more threads pointing out every flaw than years I've been alive. If you don't like what Square has done, then don't play it. Or better yet, create you own game, and see how easy it is.

Bahmant zero
09-10-2003, 05:01 PM
well heres a tought, on the main page put:
PEOPLE WHO LIKE THE GAME CAN POST ONLY,
scince obviously our oppions dont matter.
after all were not allowed to not like a game cos that whinning, we must delude ourselves and post only nice happy things, its not like we have reasons for not likeing it.

and just to point out, I AM MAKING MY OWN GAME. to tell a story might be as hard as the any other peice but if writers can tell great storys like lord of the rings, harry potter (in diffrent views) then other writers dont really have much exscuse unless there untalented writers.

anyway i made this thread for serious discussion, and i asked that people seeking flame fights not post so please follow this as i belive its not unreasonable.

and now those people who arnt seeking a flame war and are intrested in this, ffx-2 has been offically annoced over here and has now been reviwed by many magazins so im told (altough i doubt its true so dont quote me) but appraently the reviews arnt beeming gold.

§håd0w
09-10-2003, 11:30 PM
I'm not trying to start a thing. I've just seen this thread way too may times.

lemonation
09-11-2003, 02:00 AM
I've seen planty of hate threads. It doesn't make me angry. It's their opinion. they can have it if they want to. I'm just curious as to why they come to this board to flame it. Sice the X-haters might come here, could you please tell me why you come to an X board if you hated X? I don't mean to sound rude. It IS your right to come here if you want and to post whatever you want. I'm not saying "Go away!". I'm just wondering. Thank you in advance.

TheAbominatrix
09-11-2003, 02:07 AM
Yes, none of us are trying to start a flame wars. Personally, Im just curious as to why you didnt try and continue one of the older hate threads instead of making a new one. I love VI, and if someone made 7 different threads about how great it was, I'd get annoyed too. It just doesnt make sense as to why there has to be so many threads about the same topic.

Bahmant zero
09-11-2003, 03:56 PM
i made this thread for seroius proper discussion, not flame wars that most of the boarded are filled with, and i wanted a small little corner where we could talk about things without people just hating it for no real reason to flame, discussing flaws in games can be as intresing as seeing there strengths, and finding other peoples views, and no one is doing what i amde this thread for, serious discission, can i start that now or do i need permission?

now for those people who havnt been scared off by those who choke other peoples view, lets start a real, non-flame real disscusion... *brings out crumpits and tea*

Kindo
09-11-2003, 06:26 PM
I'm all for that, Bahmant. I, for one, noticed and appreciate what you're trying to do here. You're not out to flame and scream about the things you found "disappointing" in FFX, you just want to talk. Now, if the rest of the guys who are against talking simply can leave this thread alone from now on. Thank you.

Alright, well yeah... I agree with you on the things you pointed out in your first post. I found the characters boring, and Tidus' "innovative" clothing, a bit over the top. He just looks silly with that multi-coloured spand-ex. Edea had a "unique" dressing style aswell, but atleast she didn't look ridiculous in her clothes.

But the clothing is just a detail, nothing to get hung up on, really. The real reason I dislike FFX is because of the larger things. Like the lack of World Map, you mention. It is indeed one of the most linear game in the series, and it's not that fun. I never got the feeling that I was doing anything, I felt that I just got guided through a set path, with an FMV with "kewl graphics" every 10 or so minutes. And I can't believe they made the final fight(s) so darn easy. If I remember correctly, you had Auto-Life all the time or something. Tsk...

The music was so-so too. Since the soundtrack is a collaboration with Nobuo and two other composers, you could notice a clear difference between Uematsu's, and the two others' work. Nobuo's pieces still had that somehow familiar Final Fantasy-feel, but the other pieces just sounded a bit too "modern" to me. The soundtrack was overall good, but the part I hated the most was probably the Otherworld song. I really really don't like that guy's voice. It so don't fit into Final Fantasy, in my opinion. And let's not even talk about X-2's soundtrack...

I also think that the sidequests were nothing but tedious. Sure, there were lots of them, and it took a long time to "collect everything" in the game. But they were simply boring and annoying. I mean, come on! Who ever wants to dodge 200 of those darn thunderbolts? Or catch those butterflies in the area where it was impossible to navigate because of the camera angle? Or those annoying birds who kept crashing into you in chocobo training? Bah to it all.

All the contents of Final Fantasy X are so damn shallow. I sometimes think the entire game was nothing but a way to show really nice graphics, with tons of FMV's, and realistic (and sexy) looking characters. FFVIII did something similar, but atleast they didn't forget about the other parts. Like personal relationships, character developments, and a fairly nice main plot.

I dislike FFX, and I frankly loathe the way X-2 looks like it will be. I'm still not over the fact that they turned the, thus far, innocent and sweet Rikku into a practically naked slut. It's really sad.

Bahmant zero
09-11-2003, 09:20 PM
ahh thank you kindo for seeing the point of this thread, what i love about rpg's is exploring the towns, it makes it feel like this is a real world in strife and so forth, in ffX there wasnt really much to exlpore, and most of the rpg was left on the bench, while fighting is important in an rpg its not everything, like how the focused ffx on.
I share your thoughts on the clothing, while other games like 8 had some silly clothes they pulled it off so well, making a worl rich with mistory, history and characters that dont look like a rocky horror show, and the games legth was the shortist in quiet a while in the series.

altough alot of people do like blitzball, i personally disliked it, like the closter of trails. This might be an atempt to spread final fantasy to small other genres like platform, action and puzzle but it was out of place and, well anoying.

There sphere grid while new and inervative just seemed to lack a special something most other ff's had achived like the famed junction and materia.
I think that the charcters was underdevolped, when compared to say cloud, areis, tifa, locke, or most others, the charcter joining was poorly spaced out.
Admitty for me, one good point was Anima, finally good summon to add to the list that will be seen again later. Maybe if they spent one key thing - Time, or did customer research many features witch people wanted would have been added.

§håd0w
09-11-2003, 09:57 PM
I don't have anything against those with their own opinion. I'm just stating there is way to many hate threads. As long as this doesn't end up like the other 30 hate threads, I could care less. I just figured this would end up being like the others. But if you started this for some other reason, then I apologize.

TheAbominatrix
09-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Yes yes, you're a martyr for the cause of the other 7000 threads. Dude, we're just stating our opinions.

Bahmant zero
09-11-2003, 11:10 PM
please dont be sarcastic to me and keep disturbing the thread! i just got it going again so top spamming me.
now back to the thread ONLY from now on.

one of my friends was ranting and i think his rant pretty sums up ff10.

here it is:
kilcastar
09:31AM
09/15/2003 " Final Fantasy X, a game of two halfs! "

Did you know that Final Fantasy X is one of the worst games ever played by the human race, it is first thought to have evolved from the idea of fish playing computer games. It was thought that the planned users (ie fish) needed no control over the game play and could only spend their time moving forward. It was also thought at the time that Fish only had a 5 second memory so the storyline did not matter as they would forget it quite rapidly.

Also it was thought that as fish had a lack of memory span they would not remember how long they had been playing so Square-Enix could reape the rewards of a one disc game by charging twice the price for a quater of the game-play. Oh well, it seems as if fish are not very well planned for but hey, another thought that popped into Squares head was that they could copy the Materia system from FF7 but leave out the good bits and replace it with fmv's of you finding Materia!

So you would think, after these people had played this awful game they would bin it and complain and many did, but unluckly sqaures target audiance (the fish) went out and bought copies in their droves and also bought it twice or three times and then the btards went and asked for a sequal, who the hell do they think they are, why should I have to put up with the torture of a sequal.

Baloki
09-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Wow, it seems my fame has spread to the fathuest reaches of my domain. I cannot belive how far that one little rant has spread, it was only like in a reply to someone who tried to flame me about FF10 (My site you see currently has an anti-ff10 stance), but hey, its a pitty the second half never made it, I shall post it later for your enjoyment, but don't bother visiting my site to see it as it is currently down.

Finally, if you want to complain about my stance on FF10 and want it placing on my site so your opinions are known by someone (even if it is only me) then e-mail me by clicking here (mailto:ff10hateorlove@loki7.co.uk) .

Hope that helps and you enjoy, Baloki

Baloki
09-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Sorry, the address didn't work, here it is again ff10hateorlove@loki7.co.uk :choc:

Bahmant zero
09-15-2003, 06:54 PM
well it was so good i had to post it :) u didnt tell me there was more! anyway back to the thread...em ehhh oh i cant be bothered tonight.