PDA

View Full Version : Best approach for Ozma

§håd0w
09-10-2003, 12:07 AM
I've already beat Ozma (at level 58 thank you very much), but I was wondering what was your strategy for approaching Ozma. I had all my characters able to absorb Holy, used Shock (Steiner), and reflected Flare during Vivi's Dbl. Black Magic trance. I thought it was easy enough, I beat him 4 turns with the help of Auto Haste.

How did everyone else beat Ozma? I'm playing the game again, and have reached that point. So I wanted to take a different approach this time.

Zantetsuken !!!
09-10-2003, 01:41 AM
Use Zidade using normal atacks, eiko healing the party or maybe using holy, Garnet using the almighty Odin or healing and Freya using her jump comand or dragoon skills.

Kurohime
09-10-2003, 12:59 PM
My strategy is to basically level my team up to aver 60, get their attacks up, get Ziddy near trance, then go to Ozmaland and beat the living snot out of the killer beachball.

Either that or I cast my stupidity spell on the thing.

With some very wonderful results. ^_^

http://www.quad9dyne.com/images/FF9_misc/ozzybattle.jpg

Flare_Star
09-10-2003, 04:52 PM
lol.....lol...

Originally posted by Zantetsuken !!!

Use Zidade using normal atacks

you got a cold?

next time try approaching it from the other side of that rock.

ok enough being stupid.......

fight before the battle to get trance level on everyone up near top, so you can beat him before he uses curse (hopefully). summon ark a few times and heal a lot. have auto life and auto-regen. you should beat him.

Flare_Star
09-10-2003, 04:55 PM
sorry for spamming but i can see that steiner is being held up by something in that pic, kuro

Zantetsuken !!!
09-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Well Well what should i say now ??? just this: Zidane ( in my opinion )is the useless in all the battles i normaly use him just to atack or use healing itens and i DONT have the patience to get Zidane near trance !!!And against Ozma i would like Freya instead of Zidane.

Kurohime
09-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Flare_Star
sorry for spamming but i can see that steiner is being held up by something in that pic, kuro
Eh? Actually he wasn't... that thing on his back is his scabbard, not something to hold him up. ;)

Silent Warrior
09-11-2003, 04:44 PM
To make things somewhat easier, I completed the sidequest with those things who want gems. That places Ozma close enough for you to use physical attacks in case your MP runs out and you don't feel you have the time to restock. Which everyone surely knows by now. *A-HEM*
Then I levelled my crew up a bit (60-70 is super), beefing up Thievery as much as I can, and marvelling at how Dragon's Crest jumped from 7800-ish to 9999 before I knew what hit me. After achieving that, I promptly went up to Ozma, equipped what ability I thought I'd need (Auto-Regen among others, Auto-Haste if I can), and added some Shadow-absorbing stuff, just to be on the safe side (meaning: now that I've made Ozma keep his Doomsday to himself, at least THAT won't be the attack that gets me).
Then to the team: Zidane (duh...), Freya, Steiner, and Amarant.
Zidane for the obvious reason.
Freya for Dragon's Crest (9999).
Steiner for Shock (9999).
Amarant for Aura, Revive, Chakra, tossing stuff and the odd No Mercy.
Strategy? Bah! I say kick the ball! No real problem there.

Flare_Star
09-11-2003, 05:21 PM
:riiight:

Originally posted by Kurohime
Eh? Actually he wasn't... that thing on his back is his scabbard, not something to hold him up. ;)

oh yes...silly me. i noticed it just after i posted and couldnt be bothered to delete it :sweat: :rolleyes2

Kindo
09-11-2003, 05:48 PM
I recently played FF9 for the tenth time or so, and this time I was able to kick Ozma at the lowest level so far. I only relied upon Freya's Dragon Crest to do damage. You honestly don't need more. And I had Egoist Armlet, or Ninja Gear to absorb Doomsday. So anyway, because I only used one attacker, I was able to have two slots of healers (Dagger, Eiko), which honestly saved my butt a few times. I also had Protect Rings with three of the characters, and the fourth had a Ribbon instead (didn't have 4 protect rings). I was feeling lucky (and terribly greedy), so I used Zidane solely for stealing Ozma's goodies.

On to the battle. Thanks to my low average level (around 50-60), his Flare Star was fairly weak. No one died of it, and since I always had atleast one of the healers on stand by, I could easily have time to cast a Curaga after it. Same with Curse, I had protections against confusion and poison, and it doesn't matter if you're mini, so no need to remedy/esuna that. The Curse did quite a lot damage, but like I said, always had time to heal right after one. So, Zidane steals, Eiko and Dagger are on stand-by until healing is required, and Freya uses Dragon Crest.

Ozma had one attack that could wipe out my entire party, though. Meteor. The bastard did 9999 damage on all of my buddies, leaving no one alive. He used it twice though, which is not too much, and thanks to my lucky star, my 99 Pheonix Pinions payed off. I got Rebirth Flame triggered BOTH times I died! The second time was when I had finished stealing everything, and Ozma had no more than 4000 HP left... so when he cast Meteor that one, my mouth fell open and I wanted to destroy something. But I got that life-saving Rebirth Flame a second time! Yay!

Anyway, that's it. After Zidane had finished stealing all the stuff, I used his Thievery to inflict a bit more damage aswell as the Dragon's Crest, and then Ozma was dead in a few minutes.

The abilities I had equipped were mainly just Auto-Regen, Auto-Haste, Antibody, Clear Headed, and Zidane had his Master Thief and Bandit abilities aswell.