PDA

View Full Version : Help! I Need a FFVII Question Answered! Urgently!

Cyflar
09-10-2003, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone, I'm in a online trivia contest, and I don't know the answer to this question.

"What is the most Powerful Materia in FF7? And what does it do for the holder of it?"

I've got the clue that it does multiple times the original damage, and it protects you with something. Its also just one materia. It also allows you to gain (blank) while in battle, as long as you dont run out of magic points. Anyone have any idea what it could be? I need to know the answer in the next 4 hours. :eek: Any help is highly appreciated! :)

XeQtR
09-10-2003, 09:31 PM
All i can say is that Knights of The Round (did i remember the name right?) is the most powerful one, but i have no idea what it does to the holder.

That is if you mean summon materia, i can't remember others than that, it's too many years sice my last play-through.
The master materias are ofcourse the most powerful ones, but i guess that counts like several materias, probably.

Max
09-11-2003, 12:53 AM
Yep im pretty shure thaat its KOTR.

nec
09-11-2003, 02:09 AM
it's cure 2.

§håd0w
09-11-2003, 10:54 PM
A bit late and probably useless now... but isn't the Black Materia the most powerful?

Big D
09-11-2003, 11:47 PM
White Materia > Black Materia.
Actually, they're just about evenly matched.
But the White comes in a convenient pocket-size, whereas the Black is that uneconomical Temple-shaped monstrosity.

Kindo
09-12-2003, 08:17 AM
"It also allows you to gain (blank) while in battle, as long as you dont run out of magic points."

I don't understand that part... It gave me doubts about the answer being KotR, though.

Big D
09-12-2003, 08:27 AM
Could be talking about Final Attack, since that allows you to gain powers of revival (if its combined with Phoenix); it also works only as long as you have MP.
However, that doesn't totally fit Cyflar's description, as Final Attack on its own is fairly useless.

Doomgaze
09-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Green huge materia?
*dunno*

eestlinc
09-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Chocobo Lure.

luck +1

Lehteb
09-13-2003, 03:28 AM
what about shield?

UltimaSepheroth
09-14-2003, 05:44 AM
Knights of the Round or FullCure

Strider
09-14-2003, 06:05 AM
Waaait, I got it. Knights of the Round. What does it do?

Magic: +8
MP: +15%
HP: -10
Aaaaand. . .something else.

Advent Child
09-14-2003, 07:05 AM
enemy skill. duh.

EDIT: most powerfull is opinionated

Aerith_FF7
09-16-2003, 09:13 PM
ultima, is it that obvious? the names a giver

Raistlin
09-17-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Big D
White Materia > Black Materia.
Actually, they're just about evenly matched.
But the White comes in a convenient pocket-size, whereas the Black is that uneconomical Temple-shaped monstrosity.
You got it right on the second try. The white materia is the opposite of the black; Life to Death. It's the counter. Neither is more powerful than the other. They cancel each other out.

And Ultima sucked. :rolleyes2

Kindo
09-17-2003, 11:14 AM
It's amazing how a question that seems so simple at first, turns out to be so complicated and difficult to answer. Here it is again:

"What is the most Powerful Materia in FF7? And what does it do for the holder of it?"

And the clues:

"...it does multiple times the original damage, and it protects you with something. Its also just one materia. It also allows you to gain (blank) while in battle, as long as you dont run out of magic points."

Now, first off... multiple the original damage. The only materia that does more than one attack, is KotR. Right? But then the rest of the clues brings uncertainty to that. "It protects you against something" and "It allows you to gain (blank) while in battle, as long as you don't run out of magic points." I honestly have no idea how all this can sum up to one materia. And what in the world is "... it allows you to gain (blank)"?? I'm sorry, but this question seems simple at first, but damn impossible after you hear the clues.

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
You got it right on the second try. The white materia is the opposite of the black; Life to Death. It's the counter. Neither is more powerful than the other. They cancel each other out.

And Ultima sucked. :rolleyes2

If Life is more powerful... then howcome Death always takes power over it?

Kindo
09-17-2003, 10:38 PM
Ugh... it's only in the game. They are opposites and will cancel eachother out. Don't get in too deep now...

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 10:55 PM
I'll try not to. But if you want deep, check out the thread I made about Sephiroth, that's got really deep. But it is true, Death takes precedence over Life. Just something you've gotta deal with.

Raistlin
09-18-2003, 02:15 AM
Two things:

1. It was only an example.

2. You're wrong anyway, death doesn't take precedence. You defeat Death everyday by living. The only distinction is that it's obvious when Death wins out, because there's a change; when Life does, there's no difference. That's why people often think that; Death is just more noticeable.

§håd0w
09-18-2003, 12:59 PM
Ok, I'm done with that now. But it was just a thought, since Death does take over in the end.

edczxcvbnm
09-18-2003, 04:21 PM
That super summon materia. The one with all the summons. I can't believe no one else said that when they just said knights of the round. That has knights of the round and more.

I think the best materia in the game is W-Item. Infinite anything as long as you already have 1 of that item. 99 megaelixers, phoenix downs and all those magic spells ^_^ Can't beat that!

§håd0w
09-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Master Summon Materia?

Raistlin
09-18-2003, 05:07 PM
ed: yeah, but Master Summon(or any of the Master Materia) don't fit the question. Read the question again. Master Materia don't do anything for the holder.

W-Item is a good suggestion, though.

Anyways, for a materia to do "multiple times the original damage," that means it has to hit more than once. The only materia that do that are: 2x Cut, KotR, Comet, Enemy Skill(some of the spells), and...I think that's it. Oh, maybe Kjata, though that'd be stretching it.
Out of those, I'd have to say KotR, even though Enemy Skills own.

Radje
09-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Blank? Master magic can use comet, sheild and barrier etc Which you can only use as long as you have MP. That would be my guess.

PhoenixAsh
09-20-2003, 05:10 PM
"Raistlin"

Anyways, for a materia to do "multiple times the original damage," that means it has to hit more than once. The only materia that do that are: 2x Cut, KotR, Comet, Enemy Skill(some of the spells), and...I think that's it. Oh, maybe Kjata, though that'd be stretching it.

Enemy Skill can do that? If so then I'm pretty sure that's the answer. I though E-Skill but couldn't think of a multiple hit attack, although there is an attack based on original damage.
Big Guard, Death Force and Dragon Force protect you, and it allows you to gain speed during battle by using Big Guard. It also allows you to gain abilities during battle, though that isn't really about magic points.

Kindo
09-20-2003, 05:22 PM
There is no enemy skill that does multiple hits.

Radje
09-20-2003, 05:35 PM
So will you ever tell us the answer or will you not find it out yourself?

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Kindo
There is no enemy skill that does multiple hits.

You should clearify that. I know what you mean, but when it attacks all enemies, thats multiple hits.

Kindo
09-21-2003, 04:47 AM
Gah, this discussion is driving me insane! For the love of God, what was the correct answer?! *nervous breakdown*

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Haha, yeah. He asked but never told us what the answer was. *sweat compulsively*

PhoenixAsh
09-21-2003, 08:40 PM
Going on masamune1287's point, and everything I just said, I'm picking Enemy Skill.

To be honest, I'd probably take any other answer as wrong, because nothing else comes closer to fitting the question.

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Cyflar needs to hurry up and tell what the answer was. I'm getting anxious.

edczxcvbnm
09-21-2003, 10:45 PM
I am sticking with W-Item, even though I know it is wrong, because you can do multiple attacks with it. Just use an item that casts a spell such as BIO 3 twice in a row or something.

PhoenixAsh
09-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Yeah, come to think of it the items can do the other things like protect you and speed you up if I remember.
I'd accept W-Item grudgingly, but I still think if it's neither of those two then it's wrong.

UltimaSepheroth
09-22-2003, 04:14 AM
this is very special to me but there is a place in midgar called Quinatax. it has good... THINGS! yes... ful of stuf!

Origin
09-22-2003, 12:57 PM
how hard is it to see that the question is simply flawed? there is no right answer. stop panicing about it :greenie:

§håd0w
09-22-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by UltimaSepheroth
this is very special to me but there is a place in midgar called Quinatax. it has good... THINGS! yes... ful of stuf!

Lol... what in t he blue hell are you talking about?!

UltimaSepheroth
09-23-2003, 12:11 AM
it's Quintax. duh! it is there, behind the trailer.

Radje
09-23-2003, 10:29 AM
Origin is probably right. The person who asked the q'll be laughing at us for getting all confused lol

soulICE
09-23-2003, 07:59 PM
with enemy skill, you'll never run out of MP as long as you got Magic Hammer :p

i noticed how blue supports like HP/MP absorb dont work with enemy skill... prolly cause its not like the other command materias in the sense that you cant master it (unless getting all the stars is considered mastering) with AP, and it doesnt spawn (only find four in the game). is it supposed to be that way? or is my game flawed in a way.. i know i risk sounding like an idiot for asking (too late).

now im curious for the answer too..

oh, and Quintax makes me think of Quina. why!? i dunno.

§håd0w
09-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by UltimaSepheroth
it's Quintax. duh! it is there, behind the trailer.

Dude, unless that's really bad sarcasm, you're gonna have to walk me thruogh this and tell me where it is.

Sephiroth2088
09-24-2003, 01:01 AM
I think it is some kind of support magic that multiplies the strength of your attacks and protects you

regen does all of these exept increase attack power

the only way to damage the enemy with it is to use it on a zombified enemy but I don't think ff7 had any zombie enemies

Big D
09-24-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Sephiroth2088
I think it is some kind of support magic that multiplies the strength of your attacks and protects you

regen does all of these exept increase attack power

the only way to damage the enemy with it is to use it on a zombified enemy but I don't think ff7 had any zombie enemies Well, there's the Gi Nattak and the Gi spirits in the cave behind Cosmo Canyon, and the Ghosts in Midgar... but not a lot of undead besides them.

Also... there's no "Quinatax" or "Quintax" or anything of the sort. No more rumours, please, everyone - unless of course you have something really good to back it up.

Angel_Reaper
10-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Okey, ummmm........what about Pheonix. It can do damage and revive KOed characters. But I am probably wrong. So tell us th ANSWER ALREADY!!!!!