PDA

View Full Version : Colour problems with Photoshop

Xander
09-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Well I have PSP6 at the moment (although it's nearly ran out :( ) and Photoshop 7. I was colouring a pic on Photoshop and it was sort of shades of light purple. However when I opened it in PSP6 it looked more blue, and very different.

It's confusing because..which colour would everyone else see if I saved it?? And how do I know which colours are the right colours? Do I need to change colour settings in something for them to be the same? I really don't know what to do... also I tried to save a pic of MateriaBladeVII's which was a png file but when I opened it in Photoshop it was all blotchy and weird.

Hellllp........ :(

Divina
09-11-2003, 01:29 AM
Well, for the Photoshop/PSP differences, the colors are darker in PSP, I've heard. It's a natural thing.

As for the color changing in Photoshop...I'm not sure what to do about that.

Rainecloud
09-11-2003, 07:52 AM
From my experience, even though the colours may look different on screen, they'll still print out the same.

However, that's not really what you're trying to achieve, is it?

Xander
09-11-2003, 11:45 AM
Thanks guys. No I'm not really worried about the printing out, just that there was such a big difference between the colours of this pic that I wondered what it would look like to others. Like if they viewed it on the web, would that use the PSP colours or the Photoshop colours. I guess it doesn't matter that much anyways....

Zifnab
09-11-2003, 01:48 PM
To see how it looks to others, simply save the file then make up a quick HTML document with the image code simply making the BG colour black or whatever colour would be best (I say black because the EoFF post colours are quite dark, so a sig meant to be used at EoFF could be tested on a black BG).
Or once you've saved it just view it in another program, like Image Preview or Paint.