PDA

View Full Version : Where's the movies??

Xander
09-10-2003, 10:49 PM
On the PSX version of FFVI, there are added cut-scenes, supposedly. In the introduction there is one, and part of it shows Celes throwing the roses from the balcony. Both me and my friend thought that this cut-scene would appear when she throws the roses in the opera house, but it didn't....so can anyone tell me when you get to see some cut-scenes in the game? :D

The Man
09-11-2003, 01:08 AM
The only other time is during the ending, I believe.

TheAbominatrix
09-11-2003, 02:09 AM
And when you beat the game, you unlock more stuff to watch. It's not like the PSX version of Chrono Trigger, where they put the cut scenes in with the game.

GogoTheMimic
09-11-2003, 04:21 AM
There are only three CG videos in FFVI, the opening, the ending and the omake video.

Big D
09-11-2003, 06:17 AM
...and those three FMVs have a lot of scenes in common, which is pretty cheap, I thought.

But they make up for it with some very cool content.
I don't like the fact that Terra's hair is blonde in those videos, though. Kind of like the FFV FMVs where Reina and Faris are both blonde, too, instead of their more exotic pink raiment.

i90east
09-11-2003, 08:00 AM
The Playstation version isn't worth the loading times.

Xander
09-11-2003, 11:50 AM
To Citizen Bleys, TheAbominatrix, GogoTheMimic and Big D : Only three?? Wow.. and the beginning and the end are two of them..yeah sounds pretty cheap :( We thought they'd be in the game like FFVII upwards style. Oh well *shrug*

To Big D : Yeah, what's up with Terra's hair? They should have kept it green...much cooler :p

To i90east: Err that's not really the topic of the thread but...my ps version loads alright, the menu is a bit slow to show up but hey no big deal. :D

GogoTheMimic
09-11-2003, 04:40 PM
The reason for the change in hair color is because they followed Amano's style when they made the FMVs, did you notice that the Magitek Armor looked NOTHING like it's sprites? I'm glad that they chose to base the vids off of Amano's work.

Kindo
09-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Yes, Amano's work will always remain excellent, and most of the time better than the end product you see in the games.

Anyway... you can't expect much of a remake-game. The few FMV's they did make are still better than nothing. The most important thing is the game, anyway. You should be lucky that they even decided to make FF6 for PSX in the first place. ;)

The Man
09-11-2003, 06:46 PM
I just wished Terra's hair had remained green. Amano's work is usually excellent, though, yes.

Kenshin IV
09-12-2003, 06:06 PM
Every female character Amano draws has blonde hair, even if they don't have blonde hair! Look at his drawings of Aeris and Rinoa for instance. XD

I really didn't care about the new FMVs one way or the other. They are really cool, but it wouldn't have bothered me if they weren't included in the remake, either.

The Man
09-12-2003, 10:11 PM
yes, Amano has an obsession with blondes, it seems.

TheAbominatrix
09-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Nah, a few have dark hair. Tifa does, I believe.

The thing that bothered me about the FMVs is that they never showed Locke's face or a lot of the other characters in any way. But oh well.

GogoTheMimic
09-15-2003, 05:06 AM
I don't think Amano ever did a sketch of Tifa. o_0?

TheAbominatrix
09-15-2003, 05:14 AM
http://www.geocities.com/taylan_cole/tifa.txt well he did, but I remembered it wrong, she's blonde. Curse you, Amano!

GogoTheMimic
09-15-2003, 05:38 AM
Well I'll be damned, more than usual.

katana
09-20-2003, 12:52 AM
Yeah, back on topic, I'm playing the game on the emulator, so am I gona get to see any of the cut scenes? I had the same question concerning FFIV

GogoTheMimic
09-20-2003, 06:14 AM
If it's the PSX version, yes, but if it's the SNES version, no.

katana
09-20-2003, 08:40 PM
So is the only difference between the ZSNES and the PSX the movie scenes?

The Man
09-21-2003, 06:36 AM
And the horrible loading times on the PSX version. And a couple of translation changes (i.e. "Fenix Down," which is oh so wrong, to "Phoenix Down"), but nothing major.

ZSNES, by the way, is an emulator. SNES is the console.

katana
09-21-2003, 08:20 PM
No, I was asking about the difference between the ZSNES emulator version and the PSX, not the SNES (though I guess they'd be prett much the same)

TheAbominatrix
09-21-2003, 08:30 PM
The rom (ie: the ZNES version) is just the SNES game put onto the computer. There are no differences, unless yours has been edited with a rom editor or something. Therefore, the differences between the rom (which is, again, the ZNES version) and the PSX version are the same as the differences between the SNES version and the PSX version.

Blue Mage
02-01-2005, 04:01 PM
is Amano the guy that draws all the cool pics of the chars in the manual?

TheAbominatrix
02-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Yes, Yoshitaka Amano is the man who used to do the character designs for the FF games. He designed them for I-VI and IX, as well as doing a few sketches for VII, VIII, and X

Xander
02-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Also, this thread is over a year old. xD Byebye Xander's very old thread...