PDA

View Full Version : Deusarum de Bastok Official Members Thread

Valarm
09-11-2003, 04:29 AM
All Races and Classes Welcome

:D I have created this post for those wishing to join our linkshell Deusarum de Bastok. I ask all those wishing to become a member to post a reply in the following format. (See below.)

1. Do not fill out the character name slot until you have already created the character so that no other viewers visiting this forum decided they like it and use it for them. Because if they pick the same server as us, you will not be able to use that name if they created there’s before you.

2. It is not necessary to post information if you are not sure yet just leave all the fields blank like below and edit your post later when you are sure.

3. It would be great that all member who wish to join if they don't use ICQ to download it so we can all get to know each other better before the release. (BUT IS NOT REQUIRED) Visit:

http://download.com.com/3000-2150-10155606.html?tag=lst-0-1

4. Finally the watering hole will be the same for everyone. (Unless a decision is made to change it after the release.)

Character Name: (Leave Blank)
Character Race:
Character Sex:
Character Class:
Character Country:
Character Watering Hole: (The Republic of Bastok)
We have already recruited 4 members including myself from a different forum.

We will also be trying to get on the same server as WLA either to form an alliance with them or created some good old competition if they accept.All Races and Classes Welcome All Race and Classes Welcome

Edited: Oct. 22nd 2003

I would like to ask anyone eles that wishes to join our linkshell to post this following information and in it's new format at Deusarum de Bastok (-DB-) found in the Stratics linkshell forum. (http://www.stratics.net/php-bin/forums/guilds/ffxi/ubbthreads.php) Thank you.

Valarm
09-11-2003, 04:29 AM
Character Name:
Character Race: Hume
Character Sex: Male
Character Class: Warrior/Dark Knight
Character Country: The Republic of Bastok
Character Wartering Hole: The Republic of Bastok

I sure hope some of you will join if you are not allready a member of WLA.

Opps copied and pasted my wifes by mistake *wipes forhead* finally fixed.

LOL... Guess your right Nakor TheBlue Rider copy and paste just doesn't cut it. LOL

Aislinn
09-11-2003, 04:42 AM
Character Name:
Character Race: Tarutaru
Character Sex: Female
Character Class: White Mage/ Beast Master
Character Country: The Federation of Windurst
Character Wartering Hole: The Republic of Bastok
Can't wait to met the rest of you since I allready know Valarm.

Valarm
09-11-2003, 07:16 AM
To see other members we have recruited. You can visit Casters Realm's Forum at:

http://forums.crgaming.com/ffxibb/viewforum.php?f=1

Seifer Lionheart
09-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Character Name: I have thousands of names hehehe
Character Class: Warrior/Thief--Dark Knight/Beastmaster
Character Country: Bastok, of course
Character Watering Hole: i dunno

inlineskating29
09-11-2003, 07:43 PM
what is icq
iknow im off topic but it dont matter

name:
race:mithra or galka or elvaan

Valarm
09-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Glad to have you Seifer Lionheart and inlineskating29.

And to answer your question about ICQ its like msn messenger it will allow us to keep in touch before the release and it works well when you might not be playing but want to talk about linkshell matters or a fellow member may be in trouble he could ICQ someone that is on there computer but not playing and if that person is not to busy they can log on long enough to give them a hand if they can.

And the watering hole is The Republic of Bastok Lionheart. I made this different then the Character Country so players if they like who is not Hume can start in there home location to receive the status up ring if they want. But for the most part we will all gather at Bastok unless we as a linkshell have business elsewhere of course.

Jeristo
09-12-2003, 12:31 AM
I'm thinkin that I would be willing to join you guys. At least with one of my characters.

Character Race: Tarutaru
Character Sex: Female
Character Class: Black Mage/white mage/Summoner<--when I get the advanced job anyway.
Character Country: Probably Windurst, depending on the worth of the ring.
Character Watering hole: Basically wherever we end up...:excited:

Maybe I'll get to end up in a different clan for all three of my characters! :D

Aislinn
09-12-2003, 02:37 AM
Welcome Jeristo, Valarm will be happy to hear your instreated.

This brings out a good point we do not mind if players have other characters in different linkshells at all. We would hope it may create alliances with other linkshells, but it would be a good idea to check with your original linkshell before hand to make sure they do not mind.

Hail, Lionheart and inlineskating29. Nice to see your both are interested as well.

And I can't wait to meet you all on the release day if everyone is able.

Valarm
09-12-2003, 02:59 AM
Welcome, Jeristo. We would be glad to add you to our ranks.

My wife told me you were interested which is great. And the only thing I'd like to add is that for members in more then one linkshell it could become hard for all friends to keep track of all your characters names, when you’re in a different linkshell, showing just how ICQ can help us again.

For example:

Jeristo you could be log on as a different character on a different linkshell just hanging around town talking. A member of our linkshell or I could run into some trouble or need to ask a question of you. This may not be possible if we didn’t know all your other characters names. So we could ICQ you, and as long as you weren't on a hunt or not be busy come to our aid or answer the question we had.

Jeristo
09-12-2003, 07:43 AM
ICQ, huh?....:sweatdrop ...yeah.

The idea is good, and it's not like I hate ICQ....It's just that I can never remember my # and so now there are around 30 "Jeristo"'s on ICQ....all me.:grumble:

I should really re-get an ICQ account anyway though. Would be convenient. At least in some ways.

So, sounds great. Can't wait to play with you guys!:roll:

Oh yeah, and I'll probably put my ICQ whatever-ness in my profile sometime soon.

inlineskating29
09-12-2003, 11:53 AM
wouldnt aol be more easy
i dont like icq that mutch

name:
sex:if elvaan female
race:mithra or galka or elvaan
job:thief-warrior or ninja
whatering hole- were ever i get put

Valarm
09-12-2003, 05:52 PM
The reason I chose ICQ over AOL, msn, and others are a few reasons, there’s a higher user base for msn and AOL making them more prone to malicious acts (hacks), they also leave a signature on your computer of your e-mail causing you to receive unsolicited e-mails. These are the two main reasons I have chosen ICQ but if everyone would like to use a different program I would be fine with that, but I will leave it to you inlineskating29 to create a poll here and in caster realms forums for everyone to take and which ever wins we will use.

:D We also hope to have our first rough draft of the doctrine up for decision and comments by the end of next week by the latest.

Jeristo
09-12-2003, 09:02 PM
If anyone wants a program that has all those messenger thingys in one, then I would suggest getting Trillian. It's a pretty easy to use program that you can find here:

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/

I like it, and have been using it for about a year with no problems. It will probably help a lot if everyone wants to be on something else.

Valarm
09-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Thanks Jeristo I'll install it today and give it a try. Thanks.

Valarm
09-13-2003, 06:01 AM
Ok Jeristo, I have it installed it, youll have to post your user id so I can add you. And I will take it under concederation, inlineskating29 I'd really like to know what you think of this program most of all.

Jeristo
09-13-2003, 08:31 AM
Well I put my ICQ number and my AIM name in my profile, but if you're unable to look there, or are just lazy, then here they are as well...

AIM: Jeristo926

Anyone here can feel free to message me whenever they want. And don't worry about the away message too much. I'm actually there more often than not.

inlineskating29
09-13-2003, 03:51 PM
its cool but im trying to get my aol buddy list from it and i cant

so is it possible jeristo

inlineskating29
09-13-2003, 04:16 PM
i have figured that u can get your buddy list and stuff

but how do u switch between aol buddy list and the icq one

Jeristo
09-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Well, I don't think you even have to switch between buddy lists. The other names should just show up with a different color circle next to them to indicate that they are from a different messenger service.

inlineskating29
09-13-2003, 09:56 PM
ic thanx

Seifer Lionheart
09-13-2003, 11:16 PM
My Aim is ifrit26

I cant wait for it to come out, Im just wondering, but does anyone know when its coming out, I heard Oct. 26 in US but Im not sure

Valarm
09-14-2003, 01:19 AM
Jeristo, no not lazy but I did ask for everyone that had icq to post there icq number under "watering hole" in the character description. So I just figured you didn't have it. :p Thats why I asked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Lionheart I'll add you right away. And as far as I know the ETA is Oct. 28th at least if you order it online. But it would probley be a good idea to check with your local retailer though.

inlineskating29
09-14-2003, 01:26 AM
oct 28 inless it gets delayed
i got it preorderd im getting it the day it ships

Jeristo
09-14-2003, 03:37 AM
No problem Valarm....I just totally spaced out on the ICQ thing....didn't really notice.:D

I can't wait to meet everyone in-game. That's gonna be a bit more interesting, I'm thinkin. Just over a month....sigh....at least it's better than the year+ that I've already waited for this stupid game to come out.:eep:

Valarm
09-14-2003, 04:07 AM
:eep: Yes I feel your pain. I too have been waiting and waiting. But until I have the cellophane wrapped box in my hands it will still be to long of a wait. But what can you do. :D

inlineskating29
09-14-2003, 04:31 PM
i got it preorderd so i get it the day it comes out
ya

Seifer Lionheart
09-14-2003, 04:34 PM
I didnt get it pre ordered, but Im just gonna look everywhere for it so I dont have to pay the extra $$$$$$

Tom Morello
09-14-2003, 06:14 PM
*cough* (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38537)

Valarm
09-15-2003, 01:23 AM
You trying to spread germs. :joey:

Just to let you guys know I have post a site for us while its not completed yet I hope to have it finished by the end of next week except for the story line.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0pfed/index.htm

Enjoy. :D

Jeristo
09-16-2003, 02:10 AM
Pretty slick Valarm. Looks like you've been working pretty hard on it.

So are you planning on having it be just a clan specific webpage, or are you thinking of putting FFXI info on there?

Dirty Old Man
09-16-2003, 02:17 AM
Question: Will you allow people who want to cyber in your cult thing?

Another Question: How do you get a picture under your name?

Valarm
09-16-2003, 02:59 AM
Thanks Jeristo.

Yes, for the time being it will only be clan speciffic since I only have 10 MB of storage and I'm using my free web space supplyed by my internet provider.

Everyone should visit the site again ASAP since I have added the member list. And would like everyone to check the information I listed to make sure it is correct.

If anything is incorrect or you would like to make changes to it please leave a post in either forum and I will fix it.

I have also supplied a link to this forum as well.

Valarm
09-16-2003, 03:04 AM
Question: Will you allow people who want to cyber in your cult thing?

I'm not sure what you mean by your first question. But anyone who will be playing FF XI and wishes to join our linkshell may.

Another Question: How do you get a picture under your name?

As for they other question you can vist this URL and it has a good tutorial on how to add a picture under your name.

http://www.shadowsofnamek.com/forum/sigtutorial.html

Aislinn
09-16-2003, 07:49 AM
Check it out guys you like my sig. Let Valarm know and he'll make you one and host it for you if your a member and use the html that goes with it.

Valarm
09-17-2003, 07:16 AM
Whats up guys. Anyone know whats going on with the make/delete in order to get on the same server?

Jeristo
09-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Well, besides having my character be a female (sex) female (race), named tarutaru, I think everything looks pretty good.

Not only that, but if you happen to have any spare sigs like those, let me know. I would be happy to promote the clan, while having a nifty little sig in the process.:D

Aislinn
09-18-2003, 03:57 AM
Sure thing Jeristo, I'll make a sig just for you tonight and PM you with the info so all you have to do is cut and past. :D And I'll fix the mistakes to sorry about that glad you let me know. - Valarm

(Aislinn, my wife, forgot to log out of my computor. LOL...)

Valarm
09-18-2003, 04:02 AM
BAD NEWS
(but iam sure most of you know this on this board)

Square has made it so you can not make/delete at all. The ONLY way to get on a different server is a WORLD PASS.

Looking for ideas on how to try and combat this. Mine are:

1. All regestering at the same time.
2. What ever server the most of us end up on could buy the World Pass for the other member. And that member would pay them back.
3. Seeing if we couldn't find a importer or a beta tester whos character is over level 40 thus allowing them to stay on the same server after ther release to purchase them for us. And paying them back in some way.

Jeristo
09-18-2003, 05:04 AM
Well then....that sucks!:mad:

That's going to make it incredibly difficult to organize anything...Well, whatever the case, since I'm getting the game pretty much the moment it comes out, I may have a head start on others. If that's the case, then I would be willing to help people get world passes should they really wish to be on the same server as the rest of us.:D

Still, that's so very inconvenient! *shakes fist at Square*

Oh, and thanks in advance for the sig...I can't wait for it.

Valarm
09-18-2003, 05:21 AM
NP... And thanks I'm glad the rest of us and I (especially) can count on your help with World Passes. And if your help is used I promise to make it more then worth your wild. Thanks.

And I sent you the PM with the sig info. I hope you like it.

Cameleb
09-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Heya Valarm :P

Valarm
09-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Hey hey Cameleb. :D Nice to see you in this forum too. You'll find alot of people here can answer pretty much any question about the game in this forum especially Lionx.

Jeristo
09-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Well, Valarm, love the sig you made me! :D

Only one problem....I don't think I know how to use it. :sweatdrop

....no, wait!! It worked!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! I am the master of all sig things!!!! :bgl:

Wow, that took a lot of effort....:shame:

Don't ask me why that was so troublesome....it just was...

Thanks again for the incredible sig.

Valarm
09-20-2003, 06:40 AM
Thanks Jeristo. So what does "Donec eris felix, multos numerabis amicos." mean?

Also some good news my wife won the Caster Realms beta contest and we just received it today and will be installing it after this post.

So now is the time to ask what things you would like us to try in game to prepare for the release. So bring the questions on and will do are best to get to every ones request. :D

Aislinn
09-21-2003, 03:50 AM
I have almost finished the Doctrine so look for it no later then Monday morning. Thanks for everyone’s patience. :love:

Valarm
09-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Aislinn lied. LOL... We finished the Doctrine and Clan Rules tonight and I have alreay uploaded to the site:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0pfed/index.htm

We also made some changes to the Member List so everyone should check that out also.

Jeristo
09-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Hey! Congrats on the beta winning. I didn't even know that they were still doing that. It's too bad you didn't get to start playing a little earlier with the rest of the beta testers though.

Oh, and about the "So what does 'Donec eris felix, multos numerabis amicos.' mean?".....are you serious? Or are you just asking for the benefit of everyone else? When you take into consideration that you gave me the quote, I should hope it's the latter. :p

For everyone else, it means, "As long as you are fortunate, you will have many friends", or so Valarm says.....beginning to wonder though. :D

Valarm
09-21-2003, 12:26 PM
LOL...

I asked because I have all kinds of URLs and different books with Latin in it. And what I sent to you I did not find on my draft that I saved. So it was something I probably added just before I sent you the PM. I don't have them memorized ya know. :p

Anyways I wanted to bring up your question you asked me so everyone else knows also.

Q: Why can you only advance on the Caster Realms Forum?

A: It’s simply because that forum allows me to make Stickys, which keeps the topic at the top of the forum no matter how old it gets, how many few replies, or views it has. This will make it easy for me and the rest of you to find the threads needed to post endorsements even after they grow old.

Thanks for asking Jeristo. :D

Valarm
09-25-2003, 03:14 AM
:D Hadn't heard from anyone here for awhile other then Jeristo. Just curious if all you will still planing on planing? I've made more sigs if any of you are istreated or Jeristo when every you decided you want to change yours. I'll even take requests if you want a certian color background or certain race just let me know.

Valarm
09-27-2003, 06:51 AM
I wish they had stickys in this forum to keep this on top. I hate making unnecessary posts. Oh well.

Jeristo
09-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Stickys would be nice. Then you wouldn't have to triple post...:p

I really wish more people would talk. Even just to say "Hi" would be cool. It seems like responses have gone down quite a bit lately....probably because of school, which is understandable.

P.S. For any of you who are hesitant to ask Valarm for a sig, don't worry about talking to him...he's a very nice guy. And I'm fairly certain he actually wants more people with his sigs, so you'd be doing him a favor...:D Besides, we've gotta give those WLA'ers some competition. ;)

Valarm
09-28-2003, 02:11 AM
Defiantly Jeristo especially since PvP will be add not far after the release.

Also the web site has been update. So congrats to everyone since the final ranks have been given out.

And don't forget if anyone eles is still thinking about joining please do so now it will give you an advantage if you do. You will automatilly be given Rank 2, Adultus, if you do. And anyone is wellcome to join no matter what real age you are, race you chose, or jobs.

Jeristo
09-30-2003, 03:00 AM
Honorabilis, SWEET!!!

*starts dancing*...

*gets funny looks from cat*...

*promptly stops*

I'm getting all kinds of good stuff today. Connection's back up, and I'm one of the elite, invincible, crazily powerful Honorabilis'....or at least a toned down version of that. :roll:

I think this is the first time that I've ever been interested in a game so much a month before it actually comes out...kinda weird, but can't wait anyway.:D

Valarm
09-30-2003, 03:27 AM
We are glad to see you except the position with such enthusiasm. And are honored to have you within our ranks. :D As well as everyone else.

Valarm
10-02-2003, 02:16 AM
Beta is coming to an end on Oct. 14th. I have come up with some ways to get everyone on the same server. If you are committed to being part of our linkshell please post a reply that you are still planning to after the release and I will get you the info to you by ICQ only. If you are new just post your character info as seen in the begging of the thread. :D

But weather or not how well the ideas will work can only be determined after the release.

Other wise any one that has posted character info here will be taken of our main site and considered inactive. :crying:

This however does not mean you can not join later but you will have to start at the bottom of the rank structure. :thumb:

If you join after Oct. 14th you will have to wait for all previous members to get on the same server, then we will take new members in order of your character info you post on this thread. The longer you wait to join the less likely you are to get on the same server. For I'm sure the prices for world passes will sky rocket very quickly after the release and buying them for previous members.

If you have any questions please ICQ me.

See you all in game! :beer:

Jeristo
10-02-2003, 04:28 AM
I'm all for sticking with this clan. I'm also more than willing to check to see if your ideas work when we get the retail.

xlennyx
10-02-2003, 06:29 AM
name
race: mithra
job: thief/ ...ninja?
Email: Leafs12@aol.com
AIM: Leafs12

Valarm
10-02-2003, 07:03 AM
Sweat deal Jeristo I'll have them out to you as soon as I finish typing them up.

And welcome Xlennyx, glad to have you.

Aislinn
10-02-2003, 07:17 AM
I will also still be playing, although at this time I just don't have the time to write the story line for the linkshell because of classes. But Valarm has promised to make up for it with other related info on the site.

I hope the next sig he makes he uses an elvaan!
"Hint. Hint." :love:

Bukane
10-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Hey hows everything going I finally registered for this forum sorry it took so long, I am in the middle of switching ISP to get DSL so I may not post for a while this is my icq # to all of the ppl in this forum: 307822536 well see ya in game soon

Later

Valarm
10-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Whats up Bukane I'll have to make you a sig since your regestered for this forum too now. :D Let me know what race you would like.

Jeristo
10-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Hey Bukane! Glad to see that you made it over to join all us "cool" people.

Hello to you too xlennyx. It's good to see other people still joining. I was worried for a little while there. The fact that Valarm and I pretty much had an entire page of replies to each other was didn't help my worrying any. :D

Valarm
10-03-2003, 05:38 AM
Ok, I have heard from Sephrios, Bukane, Jeristo, Aislinn, and Xlennyx.

Please anyone who has not responed please do so in eaither in one of the two forums or by Icq to let me know that you are still commited in joining the linkshell. All R4s have allready recived instructions for geting everyone on the same server. And everyone eles will get them and in more detail closer to the release so not to let the secret out of the bag.

Inlineskating29 and Seifer Lionheart, you are the only two left on this forum I have not heard from yet. So please ICQ me or post here that you still plan on joining, (see previous posts why), before Oct. 14th.

Thanks everyone.

Also Xlennyx you have been added to the site.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Don't Take this wrong....but....Why didn't you all just join the WLA instead of starting a whole new Clan.

Seems like to much trouble....plus what if it doesnt work out?

It seems to me that if we just made one great clan instead of two small ones our chances of having active people and a more friendly environment would be much easier.

Just Wondering?

Valarm
10-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Our linkshell started before we even knew about WLA. And yes while we may be separate clans I have talked to one of your leaders about an alliance.

For now we are waiting to see if we end up on the same server and if so great we will probably further our decision about it with them.

So just because we are not part of WLA does not mean we wouldn’t associate our linkshell with yours. We would immensely enjoy forming parties or alliances if enough members were both on at the same time and play together.

*So I salute you and your linkshell and hope to see you all in game.* :D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-04-2003, 09:49 AM
Maybey I'll be so sneaky that I'll see you first and then run away so you cant see me.

:D :cool:

Valarm
10-04-2003, 08:57 PM
I can only asume your going to be a Ninja then.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-04-2003, 09:35 PM
Well....Um actually no.....

A Dark Knight........But I can still be sneaky........Right?.....

Valarm
10-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Then you'll be just as sneaky as me since I'm going to be a Dark Knight as well. And I don't now if WLA has rules against it but in FF XI you can be in more then one linkshell and you are welcome to join us as well if you like also. :D

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-04-2003, 11:00 PM
I dont know if I want to be in two clans.....

But being like a guest member or somthing once in a while would suit me fine.

Jeristo
10-05-2003, 03:45 AM
Well I sure wouldn't mind you playing with us, even without being a member. I'm sort of a member of the WLA too. I at least said I wanted to be, but whether I officailly joined or not is a mystery (the whole joining thing on their website was spastic at the time, and I forget why). If not, I figure I can always bug people later.

I'm willing to play with non clan members for the most part. As long as the clan doesn't do anything clan specific, I'm sure it's okay. And as long as those people that just want to play with us don't act like jerks....

...not naming names or anything.... :D

Valarm
10-05-2003, 04:10 AM
That sounds fine to me Nakor TheBlue Rider we be happy to have you be in one of our partys anytime.
And yes Jeristo it would be fine even in some sponsered events I hope to have our linkshell provided.

I have to say also having a jerk or two in the clan isn't bad at all, aslong if its within the doctrine (see rules), other wise all we would have is aliances and what kind of fun would that be for when PvP comes out.

...not naming names or anything....*co-*Jeristo*-ugh*.

LOL... :rolleyes2

Have to have somebody who likes to start things. :D

Jeristo
10-05-2003, 05:58 PM
You make a remarkably good point. :sweatdrop I stand reprimanded. ;)

Lol...

But I would have to say that, though my comment was a bit harsh, "name I didn't name", was breaking even your lenient rules on the forums("Inexcusable behavior is...bad mouthing..."<-[taken slightly out of context]"....improper behavior..."...etc.). So I did feel somewhat justified in such a comment.

As for Nakor, I say, the more people (if not clans) you're friendly with, the better. As long as I can keep track of all the people, and feel that I can spend at least a little bit of time with each (I would hate to feel like I was neglecting anyone), I'm all for grouping with others.

Valarm
10-05-2003, 11:10 PM
LOL...

Not trying to reprimanded you was more of a joke then anything else. :D Sorry about that.

And you weren't really out of line on what you said earthier, your in the position your in because myself and others thought you to be the best choice for many reasons, thus it’s your job to correct wrongs.

I was just trying to liven up things up so we can move on. Just cracking a joke on the way you conduct your plomicy in enforcing the doctrine.

This was a reminder for everyone:

I have to say also having a jerk or two in the clan isn't bad at all, as long if its within the doctrine (see rules), other wise all we would have is alliances and what kind of fun would that be for when PvP comes out.

This was for you Jeristo:

...not naming names or anything....*co-*Jeristo*-ugh*.

LOL...

Have to have somebody who likes to start things.

Just being a comedian. So don't worry about it and I'll get my plomicy jokes to myself or on ICQ from now on so not to confuse anyone.

Jeristo
10-06-2003, 03:54 AM
:crying: *sniffle* I didn't take it that seriously. :crying2: *sniffle* I'm fine now, really.... :sad: *wipes eyes free of tears*...
No hard feelings...:shoot: :chop:

J/K :p

Wasn't totally sure if you were serious or not. It's always hard to tell online. Not only that, but I don't really feel that great badmouthing anyone, however "subtly", in the first place. :D

I like these weird smilies...:ctwalk: :roll::magus:

Ooh, ooh, and Nakor, how do you get the little "status" thingy under your name, and right above your avatar? I cannot figure that out!!! Your "ANTI-kawaii ryukishi" thing....

Don Salieri
10-06-2003, 06:58 AM
Character Name: always the Don
Character Race: hume
Character Sex: male
Character Class: warrior/paladin/or dragoon
Character Country: -------dont know----

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-06-2003, 11:14 AM
you have to be a member here at EoFF for at least 1 year to get that little title.

Wow i never thought saying that would fill me with Pride......Weird.....:D

P.S. In Case you didn't Know That Kawaii Ryûkishi
guy in my title is a mod.....Who I like to Bug....:D

Valarm
10-06-2003, 08:34 PM
:D Wow this is great another new member, nice to have you Don Salieri and if your going to be a Hume I would recomend that you start out at The Republic of Bastok because you will get a stat ring you other wise would not if you started some were eles.

Jeristo your a true spamer. :rolleyes2

Valarm
10-06-2003, 09:53 PM
It’s hard to believe but in this short time before the release we have become 12 strong. :D

Meaning we will need 11 world passes, 10 if Aerio doesn't have his computer ready yet, on the day of the release.

*Points to Sephrios, "Are you ready to lead us into victory for it has become your task to obtain the first world pass for our linkshell."*

The bad news is that it could drop to 8 because I have not heard from Inlineskating29 and Seifer Lionheart. Although I have tried to contact Inlineskating29 on ICQ that member was not there when I sent the message. So I would like everyone to keep an eye out for them on ICQ and when there on try to find out if there still interested in joining. You can find there ICQ and AIM numbers on our member page of our web site. (AIM numbers can also be added to ICQ as well.)

*Points to the Honorabilis and Adultus Ranks.*

The reason for this is we do not want to waste gil and world passes expire after a certain amount of time.

On a final note the member list is update so you can go there and stare in disbelief on just how many members there are now. News will not be update because I'm working on a whole new page for it. Just click on the banner bleow. Thanks everyone.

Valarm
10-06-2003, 10:03 PM
I have also thought it would be in our best interest instead of removing an member from the web site I will place an "I" next to there name for inactive and "A" for active members. This way we won't lose anyone because of computer or release issues. I hope everyone else agrees. They also will not lose the Rank like I had previously stated.

Jeristo
10-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Jeristo your a true spamer.
Ah, it feels good to know that in a mere month I was able to rise from true newb to the esteemed rank of "Spammer". *wipes a tear from eyes* I'm so proud! :D

On a side note, or perhaps not so much side as right below, welcome Don Salieri.

New members are cool. Just be sure to keep some sort of contact, otherwise you might find yourself tucked away in some random box, being saved for later, and end up being forgotten about until moving day comes and there is a brief period of surprise that you somehow managed to stay alive for so long hidden in that box, and then you get "mysteriously" lost in the move from one place to another, and draw out a last, fleeting thought from the rest of us wondering where you had gone off to before being forgotten forever. <--I hate it when that happens to me.

Well, I'm not totally sure what the point of that entirely too long statement was, but I'm hoping that I got the point across....whatever it is...:D

Valarm
10-07-2003, 07:53 AM
If you have received the instructions for word passes for our linkshell you will know what to post here. Please keep posts here to that only. Thank you.

I have preordered. But will not be available on the 29th till after 2pm and the 30th in between 12 and 4 pm. The rest of the time I will be there working with the rest of you to make sure everyone in our linkshell gets a world pass.

Please be advised we will not be issuing world passes till the 29th unless Sephiros gets his copy before that time.

Also if you do not have ICQ you will not recive the information. If you have AIM and have not recived it, ask some with ICQ to give you the URL you need to read. Or download ICQ please post that number if its new in the spam thread not here and I will add you to my list. This will insure you will recive the information. Thanks.

I typed this at: http://forums.crgaming.com/ffxibb/viewtopic.php?p=359#359

And did not want to retype it. In this forum you may post icq numbers in this thread instead of the other one. Thanks everyone.

Valarm
10-09-2003, 12:55 AM
Well we are only 9 days away form the 14th and I am still waiting to here from acouple of you eaither in the forums or via icq or aim. Thanks.

Jeristo
10-09-2003, 07:22 AM
9 days?!? :O_O: What sort of 14th are you waiting for?...as far as I know the 14th I'm expecting is only in 6 days... :p

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-09-2003, 08:14 AM
not only that but FFXI isnt released until the 28th.....

Unless i missed somthing.....

Valarm
10-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Were not counting down the release rather a linkshell issue, and I guess I count as well as I spell. LOL..

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-09-2003, 08:44 AM
oh wel whats a linkshell issue....

Yes that was rather bad counting.....

But you spell at least as good or better than me :D

Valarm
10-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Only thanks to spell checking. I try and spell check everything in word before I post it. Two of our members that signed up in the beginning I have not heard from yet and on the 14th we will consider them inactive. If you check a few posts back you will see what I'm talking about. Thats what our linkshell issue is so we can work on get all active members on the same server. You would still be welcome to join us if you like, you defiantly post here enough. :D

Bukane
10-09-2003, 06:26 PM
Im def not inactive at least not on purpose:mad2: (Stupid SBC) I will definitly say this though i will have the game the day it comes out and i will be on that very same day. This is something that I promise to uphold no matter what.:choc: Jeristo ur right about these face they are cool lol:strut: :shoot: :save: :lolz: Well take it easy going to be inactive for another couple of days will post when everything is back to normal and A-OK.

Later

Valarm
10-10-2003, 03:58 AM
No wories there, I'm sure your cousin would of told me if you were. But its nice to here from you agian Bukane.

Valarm
10-10-2003, 08:55 AM
WP info has had amendments made to it please vist our site to read more. It should now be easy to follow the instructions I hope.

Jeristo
10-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Thank you Bukane!!! At least someone else also appreciates the wierd little smilie thingies....

But you spell at least as good or better than me :D
Yes, definitely due to the spell check! :rolleyes2 You should try chatting with him on ICQ! :D

Valarm
10-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Jeristo you trying to imply something. *starts to sharpen axe so it’s ready for you and Sephrios* :evilking: < Fear my smiley. LOL...

Valarm
10-11-2003, 03:59 AM
I wanted to give everyone my sincerest thanks. I was so proud when I saw this in the WLA thread. And it could not of happened without all of you.

I want it to be a clan that is worth recognition and respected, like the WLA or Deusarum de Bastok.

Thank you agian for making us who we are.

Donec eris felix, multos numerabis amicos.

Aislinn
10-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Well the beta is coming to an end in 2 days. *tears* And I am going to miss it because I enjoy the game so much. But on the other hand we will have the game will ship in 16. *wipes tears away*

I just wanted to remind people in the forum that if you join in the next two days, which is our cut of date for our world pass quest so to speak, you are insured a world pass to what ever server we end up on.

To make this more clear:

1. Join on or before the 14th of this month.

2. The very first thing all members will do as they get there world pass and create there characters is acquire gil in order to met the rising cost of world passes. This is being done because as each new player joins the server it causes the cost of World Passes to become more expensive.

3. And once every member that joined is on the server, except those that will be playing PS2 version of course, all members will be free to go and enjoy the game after taking on such a hard task.

4. Those that join after the 14th will have to wait for the linkshell has acquired enough gil in order to purchase a pass by member donations.

Important Note:

We do take members from other linkshells since the game allows you to join more then one. But if you’re a member of one now be sure to run it by our leaders before joining to make sure they allow it.

To learn more please visit our web site by clicking on the banner below.

I can’t wait to see you all in game. *SMILES*

Valarm
10-13-2003, 12:45 AM
Aislinn, told me of another linkshell joining to forum and was very impaled at what we found there.

I would like to state bad mouthing or even conducting in poles in an unfriendly manner is not excitable. Nothing but best wishes should be offered to another linkshell. Even if they themselves add options into there polls such as, "No, it won’t prevail." or "There are other clans better than this one.", see : http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39454

So please conduct yourself accordantly. I have no reason to believe it was any of our members but do want to stress the fact since it has happened in these forums.

sephiros
10-14-2003, 12:01 AM
Hye guys just seeing if i can post now:)

Valarm
10-14-2003, 12:48 AM
Good deal guess I'll have to make you a sig for this forum now too. I'm glad to see more of us come and visit here. :D

Jeristo
10-14-2003, 07:34 AM
Ahhh....It's good to be back....

Lately I have barely had enough time to read any of the new posts, and replying was definitely out of the question. If anyone ever finds themselves bored, work+school will solve that problem.....well, it will at least keep you busy if rid you of your boredom. :D

I must say that I am very glad that this clan is somewhat simple. I was just checking out the Order of Light's homepage, and I don't think I could handle dealing with such a complex system of ranking/clergy/nobility...the detail is way to much for me....weddings?!? :whoa:

By the way, I definitely don't intend any insult or even negative implications. I do hope for the success of any group that wishes to be a part of the FFXI worlds, even if they do get banned from the forums alot. :D

Also, it is good to see some of the people from the Caster's Realm Forums posting here, if somewhat hesitantly. :p I would love to see more of them.

Valarm
10-14-2003, 02:37 PM
The site has been updated. Enjoy.

Jeristo
10-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Hey, looks great Valarm! A lot more style than the last one. Not sayin the last one was bad, but this one is a lot better. :D

crono_logical
10-14-2003, 08:15 PM
Just a side note, Valarm, please use the edit button rather than posting multiple times in a row, it's much tidier. If you have to bump the thread with an update, consider quoting/deleting your previous post before/after the bump :p

Bukane
10-14-2003, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the Sig and the new site looks great i will be back online perm sometime this week instead of just on and off FINALLY :chop: (SBC) lol well later

Aerio
10-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Hiyas.... figured I'd join this forum aswell :p

The Oolahoop
10-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Hi everyone, I decided to register here since CR forums are down:cry: ... and grats on the new design for the web site it looks great.:greenie:

sephiros
10-15-2003, 05:28 AM
hey whats up every one...and yeah the site looks great.

Jeristo
10-15-2003, 05:54 AM
Okay, now I'm beginning to think that there are a few benifits to the other forums being down. It's definitely good to see everyone migrating over to here, even if only temporarily. :D

Oh, and Bukane, have you set up your sig? Cuz I'm not seeing it....just making sure you were aware of that fact...

Just a side note, Valarm, please use the edit button rather than posting multiple times in a row, it's much tidier.
Finally got caught, huh? :p I was wondering how long that was gonna last. :D

Valarm
10-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Just a side note, Valarm, please use the edit button rather than posting multiple times in a row

Sorry about that crono_logical, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again thanks for the seconded chance.

*Wipes forehead because first time I made a sig it was too long.*

You have a great forum here with very knowledgeable players from the game and I defiantly want to stay part of the community.

On another note I'm glad to see many more of you here, thus I will try and make more sigs so that everyone has an original. I would hope that you would still post here even after the caster realm site is back up there a some players here like Lionx that know the game very well. And is constantly answering questions thus this forum is a great place when you have a question and we are not around or just not sure.

Thanks Jeristo. :D

And Bukane, you should see a picture so talk to Sephiros so he can help you get it set up right. If you no longer have the info to that I sent you let me know and I will send to you agian.

Aislinn
10-16-2003, 07:37 AM
My old sig picture is up for grabs, so if you want it let Valarm now.

Jeristo
10-17-2003, 10:33 AM
Hey, looks like I may eventually have a new recruit. My friend has been interested in finding some MMORPG to start lately and he loves Final Fantasy, so I suggested this. Sounds like he's gonna join the clan for sure. That is, whenever he can actually register for these forums. He's been having a bit of trouble with that at the moment....He goes by the name of "YeahNinja" for the most part. I think that is what he's gonna be calling himself anyway. Yay for new recruits!!! :D

sephiros
10-17-2003, 05:15 PM
hip hip hooray:D ...that is always good news to hear well cant wait to meet him...and i may get some one also who might join. My friend wants to see it first befor he gets involved but still it looks good.:mog:

Bukane
10-17-2003, 07:53 PM
Hey whats up Im back DSL is up and running but i do need u to send me the sig ICQ will work im downloading it on my comp right now cant wait for the game... SEeya

Valarm
10-18-2003, 01:31 AM
That is great news, Jeristo. :D

Bukane, I'll send it ICQ for u but you do not need to down load it. Just copy and past what I send you into the signture area of your profile.

Aerio
10-18-2003, 01:45 AM
lol my DSL modem blew up...:) was kinda scarey anyways just saying hi all

Bukane
10-18-2003, 01:49 AM
hey ok thanks again for the banner i Cant wait for the game just got DSL and a new comp with a huge monitor its almost too big lol... well see ya round later.

Aerio
10-18-2003, 01:53 AM
o yeah :) I have a question....is the guild gonna have Abriviation like DdB? or DDB?

Valarm
10-18-2003, 03:47 AM
I like just "DB" I don't think there is any reason to included anther D because de only means "of" and would be gramically correct that way. And I think it will set us apart from other Linkshells 'cause most will have 3 letters and not 2. But if majority prefers having 3 instead, we can have it that way as well.

Np... Bukane, and if anyone else needs a banner let me know, right now I'm hosting 2 different ones that no one is using, a Hume, female, and Mithra one. And I can make other if there are any requests.

sephiros
10-18-2003, 04:52 AM
I want 4 letters in the abbreviation:mog: :choc: :D

Valarm
10-18-2003, 07:15 AM
*chuckles* Takes away Sephiros eligibility to vote. :evilking: Court adjourned. :smash: LOL...

Aerio
10-18-2003, 04:53 PM
oo me me :D could I get a male hume though if its not a trouble? :) thanks

The Oolahoop
10-18-2003, 06:52 PM
If it's not too long to do, could you make one with a Galka??

Valarm
10-18-2003, 08:17 PM
No problem guys I'll have them ready for you by tomorrow. :D

I have also found some new forums and sites worth visiting before the release:

Sony FFXI Forum (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=ffxi)

Stratics Forums (found some nice Synthesis Formulas there) (http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/ffxi/ubbthreads.php?Cat=)

Allakhazam FFXI Forums (if you just want to help out newbies) (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/ubbnew/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=20)

FF WARCRY (http://ffo.warcry.com/)

Allakhazam FF Site (not up yet but keep checking) (http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/)

There are others I have found but nothing else worth mentioning. Hope this keeps you busy for the next 10 days.

Aerio
10-19-2003, 03:36 AM
O yeah which reminds me I was gonna get into tradeskills eventually when I got more money in the game....which should I do? One certain one to a great extent? Or dabble a lil in all? Or do you need to have some skill in another to advance in the another one like EQ? Heh sorry if thats a lil confusing ;)

sephiros
10-19-2003, 04:41 AM
Actuallu you should get into trade skills when you can most lower stuff really dosent cost anything like in eq most of it is found...yes eventually you will neeed to advance somewhat in other trade skills to make certain items......i believe....you should probably do with what supports more for your class.....like if your more into ighting then goe more for the smithing...eh atleast thats what i think:choc:

Yujinshu
10-19-2003, 05:34 AM
Hiya

Character Name: (Leave Blank)
Character Sex: Depends on race.
Character Class: Warrior/Thief then Ninja/Thief
Character Country: Bastok

Valarm
10-19-2003, 05:58 AM
Welcome Yujinshu. I'll be adding you to the site tonight.

On another note the acution link is allmost done so if anyone is curious about what some items cost go and take a look. :D

Also since the CR Forums are down :eep: if everyone could post here if there playing the 29th and 30th and at what times that would be great, sorry everyone has to redo this. And please post your starting kingdom if it is different then what is on the members list, if you do not post a kingdom I will asume it is the same. Thank you.

(This is just incase if CR does not get there forums up and running before the release or incase they go down agian if they do.)

Aerio
10-19-2003, 06:50 AM
the 29th at 2:30 pm - 8 pm most likely :) in Bastok :D o and if thats when I get game....said shiped on 28th and overnight shipping so better be or im gonna hunt em down! Or wait another day...one of the two....depends on my mood at the time...

Valarm
10-19-2003, 08:03 AM
Yujinshu do you have ICQ or AIM (AOL)? You will need this to obtain a world pass.

Aerio
10-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Testing Testing

Valarm
10-19-2003, 05:27 PM
:D For our first event I would like to do the Quest below with as many members as possible during the first week of the release since it requires you to be at such a low level. This will allow us to see how well we work as a party.

Gustberg Tour

Talk to Izabele in front of the Cid lab in Metal Works (G-8)
Contents - Be a monitor for a sight-seeing tour with party of 6 under level5. Go see Hunting Bear, who is standing where you can see the waterfall of North Gustberg.
You can choose either "it was hard", or "it was easy".
As a reward, you will receive 500 Gil.

Gil should be distributed equally between all members that participate, since I believe only leader of party will get the 500 Gil.

I would like to do this at 7 p.m., Sat., Nov 1st for the first time. Please let me know if this is a good time for all of you along with what I asked for 6 posts before, if you have not posted that yet.

Bukane
10-19-2003, 06:31 PM
I will be playing on the 29th but if i cna get it on the 28th then i will def be playing that day and all day lol (maybe not to that extent, but as long as I can)... cant wait for this to get started... See ya in Vana Diel'

sephiros
10-19-2003, 08:24 PM
well i will be getting it as soon as it hits stores...so that is good cuz i think iam the one who is getting the party going...oh and remember when you do check the prices out that they are subject to change seing that servers will be new and economy diffrent but idoubt they will be much diffrent.

Jeristo
10-20-2003, 04:35 PM
Okay, I've got one question before I forget to ask it. Does anyone know about when you can first switch countries. Like move from Windurst to Bastok?....Oh, and just so you know, I'll likely be starting in Windurst. I'm wondering about the whole moving thing though. I would really like to join you all in the low level mission. Maybe if enough people decide they want to start in Windurst as well.....though I don't know if they have a mission like that in Windurst....hrm....I think that I'm just gonna have to know more of the clan's plans before I decide.

You know, I'm pretty happy about the other forums being down....I mean, now we are all in one place at least. I wouldn't have minded moving to that one either, though. :D

Oh, and about the 29th and 30th. I'll almost definitely be playing from about noon to very very late both days. I imagine it'll take an hour or two to get everything set up the first day, but after that I will be playing constantly (though hopefully I remember to give myself time to eat :D).

...if anyone else needs a banner let me know, right now I'm hosting 2 different ones that no one is using, a Hume, female, and Mithra one.
You know, I'm awfully tempted to take the Mithra one, but I don't really want to give up my current one. Not only does it just rock in general, but it's also a classic! One of the firsts! Granted, I've only had it for about a month, but still....:D Maybe if you were willing to let me "preview" it, Valarm, then I could see if I really did want it more. Though, if anyone else is interested in it, then I will withdraw my request since it wouldn't matter to much.

Wow, you can tell I've been away for a while. I usually don't have enough patience to write this much. :D

The Oolahoop
10-20-2003, 06:28 PM
I'll be playing on the 30th at 7pm EST to 12am EST(4pm PST to 9pm PST) might stay till 1am EST if I'm not too sleepy:o .

I'll try to be available for you quest on saturday 1st. If it's leader only for quest then we can do it multiple times.

And finally I got a question: Are your times all PST??

sephiros
10-20-2003, 06:48 PM
I think that you can switch anytime you get to bastok the only thing is that i heard it cost quite a few gil to switch though:mog:

Valarm
10-20-2003, 08:58 PM
You won’t be able to switch kingdoms till you get an air pass. This will defiantly put you over the limit level wise. On the other hand I hope to do this quest many, many time because as we get new members that are beginners I believe it will be good practice for them. And when you get to Bastok you can switch jobs and we can do it again.

After playing the beta, which I tried every class except the Tarutaru and Mithra, I tried in Bastok. While the status up ring was nice it really didn't affect the game that much not having it. So if that is the only reason you are thinking of starting in a different kingdom, what we could do is let those that are not Hume and Galka led the event and use the 500 gil to by them a ring. But then we would have to do the event multiple time to allow everyone even Humes and Galkas to lead so that everyone gets 500 gil. At which case I would probably like to start the event earlier around 5 p.m.

And finally I got a question: Are your times all PST??

I think the majority is but can not be sure of that, there are Laguna Tbm who deffently isn't and I think Xlennyx are not.

And because I have found out that some people can not make those times I would like to do it at different times in the same day.

2 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. PST

Aerio
10-20-2003, 09:13 PM
CST here....Live in St.louis County :P

sephiros
10-20-2003, 09:26 PM
Yeah i should be good to go for 2p.m.:choc:....also i think that we are going off of P.S.T though just for refrences

The Oolahoop
10-21-2003, 04:22 AM
When you write a time, pls add pst. Should be less confusing that way.

The Oolahoop
10-21-2003, 04:25 AM
Hmmm I don't know why sig didn't work.

Yeahninja
10-21-2003, 04:49 AM
Character Name:
Character Class: DarkKnight
Character Country: Bastok
Character Watering Hole: The Rupublic of Bastok
ICQ # : 79133755

I was probably going to buy FF11 just cause I love the FF series. Then Jeristo Told me about your clan. Sounds cool to me. I'll be one of Jeristo's minions if it works well that way. I'll have to check out more of your forum and your website! Look forward to meeting you in game.

-Yeahninja

PS. Jeristo said something about cool signature pictures...

The Oolahoop
10-21-2003, 05:06 AM
The sigs are really cool, but I can't make mine work, can someone ICQ or PM me some detailed instruction to make it work pls?(Valarm PM me the sig).

Valarm
10-21-2003, 05:33 AM
Welcome Yeahninja. :D I should have you listed on our member list by some time tonight, and just let me now what race you like best and I will make your sig.

And Oolahoop I sent you ICQ message.

We have applied for a private form at Stratics so everyone please register at the following url below so that when it gets set up I will be able to add you to member’s area. Thank you.

http://www.stratics.net/php-bin/forums/guilds/ffxi/ubbthreads.php?Cat=

Also please consider the following thread in this forum if you are planning on starting some were other then Bastok: Switching Kingdoms (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39677)

sephiros
10-21-2003, 07:47 AM
hey oolahoop just so you dont get into any trouble dont doule post any more instead edit your post...just looking for you bud....I think our fearless leader got into trouble for it:choc:

Valarm
10-21-2003, 07:52 AM
Yes, your fearless leader did get in trouble for it. Just check out the page before this one if anyone has questions about it or you can ICQ me.

And please read the 19th and 15th post before this one if you have not yet and posted that info for Sephiros and myself. Thanks

Yeahninja, what is going to be your starting class?

The Oolahoop
10-21-2003, 08:41 AM
Someone wrote in the stratics forums that square had the WP back to 5 uses in the last update.

Here's the link: http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/ffxi/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ffxigeneral&Number=20487&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&what2=postlist&fpart=

If it's true, let's hope it is, then it will be a lot easier and faster to have everyone on the same server.

Edit: Well it is true, here's the official announcement http://www.playonline.com/comnewsus/200310210583.html

Valarm
10-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Oolahoop, thank you for keeping us informed this will make it much easier to get every one on the same server. Considering we are 14 strong now, that will mean we only need to purchase 3 W.P.s, and even then we will probably have 2 left because I know at least one member is waiting for the PS2 version. Let’s just hope cost does not increase to quickly.

Also Jeristo and I talked about character creation a bit. And for all those that might be waiting for a world pass you could make a character and if your luckily enough you would end up on the same server, you will only need to check the web site in news section to find out what server we are on. Thus you would not need to wait for a world pass, if you did not end up on the same server play around with that character to get use to the game. And as soon as we begin getting world passes we will be giving them out and all you'll have to do is make a new character with the world pass and then delete the pervious made character before the end of the 30 trial period.

Can't wait to met you all in game, I would also like to take a screenshot of everyone sometime during the first 3 days. :D

inlineskating29
10-21-2003, 08:27 PM
so if u have a wp u use it to get to a server that u want then u vreat a charecter and he is at that server right

do u pay for both charecters or do u delete one for the other

or if u use wp to get to server can u delete your charecter on the first server and play on the other one

ex)u start in ifirit u want to go to shiva. u use wp and get to shiva can u know delete your charecter on ifirit and just play on the shiva

am im making since

Valarm
10-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Ok, when you make a character for the first time without a world pass any other character you make will be on the same server.

When you make your first character with a world pass ever character you make after that will end up on the same server.

When you make a character for the first time without a world pass any other character you make will be on the same server.

When you make a character for the seconded time using a world pass that character will end up on the server of that world pass.

When you make a character for the third time you may chose which server it will end up in, as long as you have not deleted character one or two.

If you delete character one after making character two with a world pass all characters there after will end up on the same server as the seconded character there after until you use a world pass again.

And once a character is on a server it can not change servers. Unless the server is to full for you to log on it will ask you if you want to move to a different server and if you select yes, it will move your character to the server with the least players on it at that time. And that character would now be there forever.

do u pay for both charecters or do u delete one for the other
or if u use wp to get to server can u delete your charecter on the first server and play on the other one

And you would pay $1 extra for every character made after the first one. But if you made two characters and then deleted one you would only pay the regular monthly fee.

If you are in the 30 day trial period you would not be charged for either so it would not make any difference whether or not you delete the first character before using the world pass.

If it is after the trial period and you did not want to get charged more then the monthly fee you would need to delete the first character before making the seconded one with a world pass.

I hope this answers your questions inlineskating29.

inlineskating29
10-21-2003, 09:53 PM
thnx

Yeahninja
10-22-2003, 02:59 AM
Sweet! So if I get lucky (and choose the right server since there is a chance you'll get the one you choose) I might create my first character on your server and never have to worry about the world pass thing. Oh, and I hope I answered your questions about Race and Signatures and stuff on ICQ. I'll try that link to register at the new forum. See you there. (14 strong, wow. Cool)

-Yeahninja (yes, the comments in () are when I'm talking to myslef)

sephiros
10-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Alright all you crazy party animals who have been waiting for our own forums to call home weeeeellll here it is...coming to you live from http://www.stratics.net/php-bin/forums/guilds/ffxi/ubbthreads.php
so for official member stuff go ahead and register and remember we can not use our sigs since they are much to large.....but our fearless leader will be editing them for us so we can use them on the new forums...thanks for all your patience...and have fun on the new forums.:choc: :mog:

Valarm
10-22-2003, 10:50 AM
:D Our forum is up and running although we are unable to give access to member only forum right now, and as soon as we can we will let you know. I will also let you know when the sigs have been edited so you can use them there to. Thanks everyone for making us who we are. :D

And I am sorry but I will ask you to post some of the same info Release of Game and World Passes and in First Event in Bastok under our forum =http://www.stratics.net/php-bin/forums/guilds/ffxi/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=DB&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0]Deusarum de Bastok (-DB-) [/URL] . Thank you everyone.

Also just because we have our own forum now does not mean, at least Sephiros and I will be leaving this community or the one at CR forums. So still look for posts there if you like from us and others that chose to keep posting in these and other forums.

You can now use sigs in the other forum, but you can only use Markup Tags (UBBCode), no html. So do not copy and paste your sig from this forum to the other one.

New tutorial for Stratics Forum:

Type without using spaces and not hiting return untill just before [b> then hit return only once:

[center>
[url (our web address here and add an "=" in between "[url" and "our web address" too.)
[img>[url> (web address form EoFF thats in between img] and [/img in your sig there, here)
[/url>
Important note: Saying color and location may vary form "66FF00" which could be different numbers and letters or you may be inbetween "marquee> and </marquee" if your type is not colored.

[b]And be sure to change all ">" to "]"
I hope this works better then my last tutorial.

ICQ me if you have problems or want me to do it for you.

Also to see what other colors you can use visit Forum Help (http://www.stratics.net/php-bin/forums/guilds/ffxi/faq_english.php) and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will also find what smilies you can use there on this page also.

And since I had to change the height for some of you I will be making new sigs, since there so small now.

The Oolahoop
10-22-2003, 07:54 PM
WEEEE our very own forum :beer: . Of course I'll keep posting on EOFF and CR msgboard.(they won't forget us so easily :evilking: ). And thank you Valarm for all the work you did for this clan(website,sig,forum...)

Jeristo
10-22-2003, 09:31 PM
Forums for us!!! Finally!!! Woohoo!!! :D Well, even though we did finally get our own forums, I'm gonna be sticking with these ones as well. Well, that is if the CR forums become accessible again...-_-

Oh, and about the world pass thing, it ROCKS!!! 5 people per world pass?!? OH YEAH!!! That's gonna make everything so much easier in the beginning. :D The people at Square have redeemed themselves.

Also, welcome Yeahninja.....as if I didn't have anything to do with your joining....It's still good to see you were finally able to join. :D

Valarm
10-22-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm glad to hear you are so happy about the new forum. Also as you get registered there please let me know what your user name is via ICQ so I can have them add you to private member forum. Thanks. :D

I'd also like to add once I have your name please have patients about getting into private forum, since I have to have main Mod. give you access and I do not want to send her a tremendous amount of e-mails. So as soon as I get the majority of everyone registered there I will send her an e-mail to give you access.

I have changed the tuturial for sigs above because it would not display corectly, I hope this will make it easier for eveyone. :D

Yeahninja
10-23-2003, 07:07 AM
Hurray for the new l33t forum.

Cameleb
10-23-2003, 11:36 AM
Hey Val, got a email address I can contact you at since other forums are down?

Valarm
10-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Yeahninja, you can't double post in forums, a couple pages back I got in trouble for it. So when you get a chance delete one of those posts. And if you edit option your post should refresh for testing.

Cameleb I sent you private message with email address.

Squall
10-23-2003, 02:35 PM
You are sooooooooo lucky.FFXI hasn't come to Europe yet.It will probably be months,if not years,before I can play with the Tarutaru's.

Valarm
10-23-2003, 08:48 PM
Well Squall, if and when you get it you are welcome to join us if you like and we don't have any Tarutaru's in our ranks yet. You can even join now and if you changed mind later that’s ok too, you don't have to have the game in order to be part of our linkshell. Some of our members won't even be playing till the US PS2 release, so we have no problem waiting for Europe to get the game either.

Rostum
10-23-2003, 10:52 PM
I'll join if you want. I'm part of the WLA though, as a Tarutaru.

Jeristo
10-24-2003, 06:12 AM
Well I'm glad we still have people with an interest in joining.

Just so everyone knows, this clan is open to anyone (as long as your other clans are all right with it anyway). Members are welcome to come and go as they wish. We just hope that you'll stick to the few rules that Valarm has set out for everyone....it's all pretty basic. For the most part, we just want to get together with others and have fun.

So we would be happy to have you, Omecle (Mojo Pin, right?).

Valarm
10-24-2003, 06:24 AM
Yes Omecle you would be very welcome to join us as long as WLA does not have any rules against it. And yes there are rules in our linkshell, but I want you to know they are general rules we don't have any hard core politics. Don't want you or anyone else to get scared off because of the mention of rules. LOL...

Just visit us in Stratics Linkshell Forum and visit our web site to find out more.

Yeahninja
10-24-2003, 06:26 AM
1nd33d.

Sorry for my spaztic double reply earlier. Got my Sig working now though, and I like it (thanks Valarm). We may have another new recruit too. I'm talking to her now... See ya all in game!

Oh, her join request should come in sometime tomorrow afternoon. Test. Dang the real world... Anyway, the game gets here Wed! hurray! I'll be on as soon as I get it and get it installed. I feel sorry for anyone who's waiting in Europe. My heart goes out to anyone who's waiting for a PS2 copy as well.

Smile... it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Valarm
10-24-2003, 06:41 AM
Sounds good Yeahninja. I hope she'll join my wife might not fell so alone in the game then. :D

Rostum
10-24-2003, 07:09 AM
Cool site Valarm. It should be okay to join, as long as I can start off in Windurst? (I want that ring! xD). So yeah, I'll sign up to your clan on the website. One thing I find a bit crued on the website, is that the frames are too low... maybe move them up just a bit? Might be easier to read.

EDIT: Oh, could I get some pics of a THF Tarutaru anywhere? So I can make a sig? That'd be great... oh and where do I sign up on the website?

Valarm
10-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I will have to change that, your not the first one to mention it.

But to answer your question you will need to sign up at our forum at Stratics. http://www.stratics.net/php-bin/forums/guilds/ffxi/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=DB

Go to our forum Deusarum de Bastok (-DB-) and then Deusarum de Bastok Inquires to sign up.

And welcome to the linkshell.

And I will not be able to get to your sig or anyone eles for that matter till after the release, because of a test I have coming up and I have to get all links on web site working before release. And we will see you as soon as you get your air pass if one of us don't first.

Oct. 24 12:41 PM

There is a chance we will no longer have a member only forum due to the Main Modulator not having the time this early in the stage to constantly be adding members. Although we will, and do have an Leader forum which all or you are only one Rank away from becoming, to see what I'm talking about just visit our web site and read up on our doctrine, which has been edited to reflect the new Stratics forum. Thanks everyone.

And I will let you know for sure after talking to the main Mod. again whether or not if there will be a private member forum.

Aislinn
10-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Hey everybody sorry I have been away for so long but I have been busy with RL things. I just wanted to stop by so you didn't think Valarm buried me out in the dessert somewhere. J/K ;)

Valarm
10-24-2003, 11:45 PM
The new Allakhazam FF XI Site (http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/user.html) is up and running for those that want to know.

And to register there you must register at the EQ Allakhazam Site (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/user.html).

The Oolahoop
10-25-2003, 02:47 AM
hmmm are you sure of that? It still says ''coming soon''

On the EQ part of Allakhazam they say that it will be up by monday.

Valarm
10-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Sorry about that, didn't have the complete url there, but it works now.:D

And we will not be having a private forum for members, not until PvP is implemented into the game. :(

Also the CR Site (http://ffxi.crgaming.com/) is back up and they have a poll on the main page. I'd like to ask everyone to go and vote. *Hopes this will get CR forums back and running if they know alot of people will be playing.* And I think if they don't get alot of votes we could lose the FF XI site there all together.

project_mayhem
10-27-2003, 03:11 AM
Character Name:
Character Race:mithra
Character Sex:female
Character Class: monk
Character Country: i finally decided on bastok which is why i am here
AIM: ho1low charlatan

e-mail = skinny_goth_boy@buffbody.com

Valarm
10-27-2003, 04:23 AM
Glad to have you project_mayhem, I hope you will enjoy being part of the linkshell. you will make us a strong 16. I hope to see you on AIM before the release but if not see you in game and welcome. :D

Jeristo
10-27-2003, 06:34 AM
Yes!!! Just 2 more members and we could set up our own complete alliance!!!:D

The Oolahoop
10-27-2003, 05:42 PM
WOOHOO 16 welcome in!!!

project_mayhem
10-28-2003, 03:27 AM
yeah that'd be sweet if we had a full alliance already..... although it sucks because i won't be able to play until saturday.... argh damn me and my social life and job............

Aerio
10-28-2003, 03:44 AM
SOCIAL LIFE???? *gasps* omg he's one of the odd people :P

project_mayhem
10-28-2003, 03:54 AM
fark yeah i be goin to DC to see eddie izzard muh bixxxes..... also i be ghetto farkin fab nugget

".... and god created adam in his own image.....and that was great, but 65 million years earlier he created the dinosaurs in the image of his cousin ted....."

Valarm
10-28-2003, 04:21 AM
:D As of this post we now have 21 ACTIVE MEMBERS.

Jeristo
10-28-2003, 04:27 AM
That's great! Wow, since I've joined, our numbers have quadrupled! :D Just a little more than one day left....I can almost taste it!

Yeahninja
10-29-2003, 12:19 AM
I think I can taste it, it tastes like.... Nachos.... oh wait that's what I was eating.... anyway, the game is on the way. May God bless the delivery agents with speed and acuracy so that we can all join in MMORPG meyhem tomorrow. Wow, 21 members, Cool.

Valarm
10-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Ok any members in this forum that have not checked out the our linkshell forum will need to do so today there is information there for you about WPs. I can't wait its the big day. :D See you all in game soon.

Bukane
11-03-2003, 08:56 AM
Alright ppl listen up we got our LS and we will be handing out Pearls at 2pm and 9pm PST on Nov 3 2003 they will not be handed out at anyother time until further notice check our main Forums at Stratics for more info.....http://www.stratics.net/php-bin/forums/guilds/ffxi/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=DB

Jeristo
11-03-2003, 11:24 PM
So what are we at now, almost 30? With all the people deciding to join right after they got it, our numbers are just skyrocketing. I know we got about 6 just this weeked alone...

So welcome to all those who recently joined, and I hope some of you that have been checking these forums out will consider it as well. We are always happy to boost our ranks.:D

RogueAviatrix
11-04-2003, 04:24 AM
hey i am RogueAviatrix. I am with YeahNinja, i need some world pass info, i plan on creating a hume or elvan. still trying to make up my mind.

Valarm
11-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Well if you start as a hume you will get a ring that gives your stats a little bust, but if you decided on Elvaan you will not be alone I'm one and so is my wife. As far as the WP thing goes you will need to get hold of Bukane on our Stratics Linkshell forum. To get there you can see Bukane's last post he made in this thread or just click on the picture below this post, which will in turn take you to our web site. Then just click on the the forum link. You will need to post your character info and Bukane also has a thred were you can post your icq number so that he can give you that pass. And if this seems a little confussing just call YeahNinja and he can help u get set up. And welcome to the Linkshell RogueAviatrix.