PDA

View Full Version : Tactics Advance Rocks

KingAlces
09-11-2003, 04:50 AM
Wow! I bought FFTA for GameBoyAdvance yesterday and have been playing it for a little while; it's pretty awesome. Especially with the GameBoy Player.

What's really nifty is the huge variety of jobs; and the fact that no one race can master them all! Which makes monkeying around with different jobs and races more varied and more fun (it's harder to find that ridiculously ultimate combo when not all your characters can even accheive it)

And it's a good deal easier than FFT; which some may not appreciate. There is no wait for spellcasting! It just happens!

And job levels have been done away with; it's just purely amount of abilities now. For instance, a Human can be a Ninja after he's mastered 2 Thief abilities.

And abilities are earned from equipped gear, like in Final Fantasy IX. It makes for an interesting hybrid of abilities systems.

I would suggest to all GBA owners to purchase this game. If you don't own a GBA, buy one when you can(or a GBPlayer if you own a GameCube).

---

Suggestion on the GBA: Yes, the SP has backlighting. Yes, the SP has a rechargeable battery. But no, AA batteries are not expensive at all, and no, you can't use traditional headphones on the SP without an adaptor.

In other words, save yourself 30 dollars and lots of time spent recharging the stupid lithium battery and buy the original GBA.

But of course the GBPlayer is superior to all. Especially with a Hori Digital Pad (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-2-1D-1-gf-4-14.html).

---

Rydia
09-12-2003, 11:44 AM
I agree.FFTA is THE BEST!!!!

Dignified Pauper
09-13-2003, 11:44 PM
I would have to say the original owns this one in storyline and game-play both. Although the class/race system is good, i don't like the FFIX style of gaining abilities, or the storyline. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy the game, but i expected it to be A LOT better, on the same level as tactics ogre, but alas, i was disappointed.

hentai
09-14-2003, 02:43 AM
i dunno about you guys, but i think square-enix went in the right direction with ffta's storyline. i guess they figure most people won't play it for 4-5+hrs straight as they would on a ps, so they made it more palatable to the mobile gamer, such as i. 20 min battles without having to worry about cutscenes on the bus or in class. you can set your own pace and go as far as you want in as much time as you want.

and to my next whineshout, i hate not having a 'best equip' or 'auto-equip on class change' or 'dressing room' in the shop. grrrrr. its so hard to figure out a +/- effect on stats when buying gear or switching around, i've had to write them down on a stickie and keep it on the back of my gba. but meh, dispatch missions, clan fights and air render, wooo, make it all worth while after 17 battles in 8 hrs (and 300 missions total, gd!)

yes. buy. steal. borrow. salvage. trade-in. now.

MagicKnight Locke
09-17-2003, 04:53 PM
itd be great if i had my own gameboy not having to stick with ROMs:cry:

Mr. Graves
09-17-2003, 06:56 PM
It rocked. I bought it yesterday, and I loved it. My only peeve about it so far is that it lack the Zodiac signs. But, still quite awesome.

The Mutant
09-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Hi all!
I just wanted to say that Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
is totally awesome!
I only own three gba games and this is definatly the best I've ever played.The graphics are untouchable, same goes for the music.My only other ff experience was ffx for ps2, and I am now officially a ff fan.
I can't wait to see what kind of connectivity options will be available between the game cube(crystal chronicals)
and game boy.
I just picked up the FFTA strategy guide and it's very usefull for a somewhat novice like myself.
I played FFTA for four hours straight last night!!
I am HOOKED!!!

SuperPac
09-18-2003, 10:51 PM
I am totally in love with the game. While I haven't played it too much, I must say I enjoy it so much better than the other one. Okay, so it does have it's downside (equipping items and no dressing room, as previously mentioned), but still, I'd prefer this one over the old one any day. Besides, it has the most awesome law system ever, and the old one doesn't! That's were FFTA wins for me!

On the GBA factor, while I agree there is a downside to the GBASP, I would in no way recommend a regular GBA over the SP. I own both, and aside from the middle of the day sitting right under the window in an uncomfortable possition, it's hard to get a really good view of the screen. So yeah, if you're going to get this game and a GBA, get an SP. It's just... better!

Saturnus
09-25-2003, 04:14 PM
I never played the origional, so I cant compare it
But I love this game

keeps me busy while I am working hehe

nickwilson
10-08-2003, 03:58 PM
i have seen ffta it is cool and i would love to have it but about 4 weeks a go my gba vanished and i don't know were it went i don't think a friend took it but it has pisted me off the game i got the gba for can out and thats when my gba check out thanks nick

SuperPac
10-09-2003, 05:53 AM
Nice run on sentence... VERY long. Who was your english teacher, and where can I go to slap her?

Garland
10-10-2003, 07:07 PM
I just got the game today. It seems to be everything its predecessor was, and more. I can't find any faults with it yet. I thought I'd have an issue with the childish look to the game, but it just makes Tactics more light hearted and fun. My only gripe is not being able to name your units. I used to like making armies out of units based around my friends in Tactics for PSX. Still, it's a very small loss.