PDA

View Full Version : My monitor is really dark

Bob the Elf
09-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Help, I've just reformatted my computer; and I've noticed that my screen is wasy too dark, I can't see much, and onn online games; even with full birghtness setting, it's still way too dark, I can remember using something in control panel to change the full brightness of everything, can anyone help me?

Flying Mullet
09-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Did you check the brightness level of the monitor itself? It will usually be either a nob or a button on the monitor.

If you want to play with the monitor settings on your computer, go to the control panel and open up the "Display" settings. Then go to the "Settings" tab and click on the "Advanced" button. Most of your monitor settings(if not all of them) can be found there.

Dr Unne
09-11-2003, 04:54 PM
You want to adjust your gamma, right? Some programs / games let you adjust gamma settings inside the game. Some video cards let you adjust gamma settings for the entire computer. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card and whatnot.

Bob the Elf
09-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Yeah, teh fact of the matter was, the buttons on my monitor are on 100% brightness, and the gamma on the game was at 100% too.

I couldn't find the settings because I just installed the new graphics card drivers.

thanks