PDA

View Full Version : Sound help

Bahamut2000X
09-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Well I recent;y downloaded some .avi files and everytime I try to play them in media player and any other player I try, they won't produce any sound, it only happens with a few that I got and the rest of the ones in my collection is perfectly fine. So anyone got a clue what's going on and how to fix it?

LionHart
09-12-2003, 12:20 AM
I've had that problem before, and I'm not sure, but I always thought that there was just something wrong with the file and the sound was not with it or something. Now, my advice doesn't really help you any, but like I said, i'm not sure, but the file may just be corrupted. Try playing it on DivX player. If it doesn't work there, then the file probably doesn't have any sound.

Bahamut2000X
09-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Well I downloaded a DivX player and still no sound. So anyone got any idea how to get the sound working if at all?

MecaKane
09-12-2003, 01:09 AM
Download the nimo codec pack.
A search on google should be able to get it to ya.

crono_logical
09-12-2003, 12:28 PM
It's gonna be either the hacked DivX 3 audio codec or the OGG audio codec you want to install from that codec pack. I don't recommend installing everything in that pack, some things are for certain hardware only and can mess up your media playback capabilities completely on others, or other combinations could conflict etc. Best to only install exactly what you need if you decide to use Nimo's codec pack, or any other codec pack for that matter.