PDA

View Full Version : Edward: Prince of Wimps

Rase
09-12-2003, 05:22 AM
This is for you to either rent on Edward or Me (for putting this up here). Ok, this is how I see it. Edward is a prince, so you'd figure he'd be semi-strong, with all the training they gave prince in those days. But in your first meeting with Edward he is almost beaten by an old man and then gets told by a 9 year old girl. He uses a harp? as a weapon because he is to weak to use a sword or something. I don't get how music is supposed to hurt enemies, unless he's playing Hilary Duff or Aaron Carter. Cmon Square, he could've been a little stronger.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-12-2003, 05:25 AM
Wait, what? Gilbert was a shoddy warrior? I had no idea. :aimsurp:

TheAbominatrix
09-12-2003, 05:28 AM
Yeah, but there were enough strong characters in that game, really. People complain about Tidus and stuff, saying he was a wuss, but I just like that it made him more human. Yeah, Edward's wussiness can get annoying, but if everyone was super brave, eh... I like the variety. At least ya dont have to deal with him long.

Rase
09-12-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
At least ya dont have to deal with him long.
Thank goodness. If I had him during any other part of the game I would've gone insane.

Outsider
09-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Oh, I think that Edward i a sissy and a weak character, but I don't dislike him... He is supposed to be like that, for the good of the history.
That part when Anna appears in Kaipo while he's playing that harp, and say goodbye to him is kinda touching...

There are a lot of really annoying characters in the FF series *cough*Irvine*cough* that are worse than the poor "Spoony Bard"

Rase
09-12-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Outsider
Oh, I think that Edward i a sissy and a weak character, but I don't dislike him...
I'm not saying I dislike him I'm just saying for game porpuses he wasn't really that handy.

Halenite
09-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Not to mention that has no point in the game at all. Other then getting you that one thing. (been a while since I played.

Madonna
09-13-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Dark_Paladin_Cecil
I'm not saying I dislike him I'm just saying for game porpuses he wasn't really that handy.
Well...he was handy, though. You get his hovercraft, go to Fabul, lose a crystal, and when you try to sail to Baron, he falls off the ship and "drowns". It was funny, to say the least. But then this comes from a guy who found Edward with his harps useful. Lamia, baby.

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 05:52 PM
you wanna see someone so useless,pointless,<lousy>[/b][/b] and stressing just by looking at it?

Look no further:its the ff3j bard.

As for edward...he wasnt too bad...ive seen worse (ff3j bard).At least he could hide and split potions unlike ff3j bardy

Edit by Kishi: Watch your language.

Rase
09-13-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by locke lionheart
At least he could hide and split potions unlike ff3j bardy
Someone found the spliting potions thing useful? I never used it because it gave me, like, 15HP back.

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Dark_Paladin_Cecil
Someone found the spliting potions thing useful? I never used it because it gave me, like, 15HP back.
i never used it either,but it is still more useful than any of thee ff3j bard skills

Rase
09-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by locke lionheart
i never used it either,but it is still more useful than any of thee ff3j bard skills
Haha true, very true...