PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

zacks_clone
09-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Well,there have been topics on the Fianl Fantasy VII foarm,Final Fantasy VIII foarm and i think the Final Fantasy X foarm aswell.I dont think there was one here,so...here we go!

Befor I bring up the topic though,bear in mind i dont wish to hurt people feelings,start a little war over whos right whos wrong,or even get people mad.I merly want to hear your opinions:

Should there be a Final Fantasy IX movie?
Should there be a Final Fantasy IX-2?

Neither of these are happaning at the moment as far as i know,i just want to hear from the fans

TheAbominatrix
09-12-2003, 11:11 PM
Um... actually a movie might be nice, it does have a bit of the qualities of a movie. They'd have to shorten it, though... even if they split it up into a series. There's too much... eh, monotony going around. But it'd be hard to capture the feel of the game without little chibi/SD people. A live action movie wouldnt be the same.

IX-2? I didnt complete the game, I didnt like it much... I dont know the circumstances that would warrant a sequel, or even a prequel, so I have no opinion there.

As for money concerns from Square... I dont think either would be that profitable. IX of course did not flop, but it didnt have the success of say, VII (no, I'm not starting a 'which is best' argument). It has it's fanbase, but I dunno if that would return the kind of profits it would need to make it a worthwhile endeavor.

Freya Coral
09-13-2003, 03:26 AM
Well, we all know what happened the last time Square made a CG movie... I haven't yet completed the game due to both working and going to school (I've only defeated the first two Memoria bosses). Although it has a great story, I couldn't visualize this game being made into a movie. I like it just the way it is... :D

ShadyMilkman
09-13-2003, 03:13 PM
I think there should be an FFIX-2 for sure!!! I already have an outline of a script written myself. :D I don't think anybody really wants to hear about that though, do they???? I'll tell you some of the basic stuff in it. All the heroes meet back in Alexandria. They are all old now, too. Steiner and Beatrix come with their son. Vivi comes with his 10 little Vivis. Freya and Fratley show with their apprentice (mainly cuz I cant draw a rat). Amarant and.. ohh.... Luna? What was her name?? the other assasin. They come with a son of their own too. Even the younger members of Tantalus are there. Stealing everythign of course. Anyway, Dagger tells the story of their adventure. Then, Garnet Til Alexandros the 17th... Garnet was 16, right? Walks out of her room along with her brother, who takes more after Zidane than Garnet. Then... during the celebration... A bolt of lightning smashes the ground! Necron floats there again. He tells them they ever since they defeated him, they have been living a lie! He says: I'll be waiting for you and disappears. Then the world suddenly changes. Terra and Gaia have assimilated and the world contains parts of Gaia as well as pieces of Terra. I haven't written all the other stuff yet. But, I decided that the final battle should be against a tranced form of Necron in Pandemonium.

What do you guy's think? Give it up?

Edit:
I forgot to mention that Quina shows up too. Since he is a Qu... a strange race of Gourmads, he hasn't aged a bit. Although, he doesn't go on the journey with the others. Zidane's son, a black belt, Amaran'ts son, the srange summoner/white mage sorta like Eiko was, Freya's apprentice, one of the Vivi clones, a member of tantalus, our thief, Steiner and Beatrix's kid, obviously a knight, and ohhhh two others I can't remember cuz I made this up a looooong time ago. I'll go look at my stuff again and find out for sure though. That's who goes though.

Flare_Star
09-13-2003, 06:00 PM
pretty good....

but there are quite a lot of characters which could be messy when trying to level all of them up, and theres got to be some original characters in it or they might as well call it FFXII! No zidane, dagger, vivi or steiner will put off players who want to see what happens to the characters after the last game.

but hey thats just an outline so no worries....

ShadyMilkman
09-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Dangit!!!!!!! I typed up a big long reply and further explained stuff about my outline and attached a drawing... and I got kicked before it went through!!!! I'll type it all again later. I don't have time right now. Oh, and I made 7 characters... and IX had eight.... so, why is mine to many??? :(

Breine
09-15-2003, 06:56 PM
I donīt know about the movie-thing. Itīs probably just gonna be as bad as Mortal Kombat or something.

About the FF9-2 thing: Yeah! That would be great. I loved the game and itīs one of my favourites. It could be exciting to see what happens next... :)

All the heroes meet back in Alexandria. They are all old now, too. Steiner and Beatrix come with their son. Vivi comes with his 10 little Vivis. Freya and Fratley show with their apprentice (mainly cuz I cant draw a rat). Amarant and.. ohh.... Luna? What was her name?? the other assasin. They come with a son of their own too. Even the younger members of Tantalus are there. Stealing everythign of course. Anyway, Dagger tells the story of their adventure. Then, Garnet Til Alexandros the 17th... Garnet was 16, right? Walks out of her room along with her brother, who takes more after Zidane than Garnet.

Not to be rude or anything, but Iīd rather see what happens a short time after FF9 (maybe a couple of months or something?). It would be exciting to see if the characters would team up again, and how they developed since we left them... Or is it just me?

m4tt
09-15-2003, 08:43 PM
IX-2? No, never. I loved FFIX, I think it's an excellent game, but making sequels to these games is just wrong.

A movie might be interesting, as long as they didn't change the story.

ShadyMilkman
09-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by m4tt
IX-2? No, never. I loved FFIX, I think it's an excellent game, but making sequels to these games is just wrong.

A movie might be interesting, as long as they didn't change the story.

I agree completely. I know that sounds weird after all that I've said. But, I think I have more fun thinking about what I imagine happening as opposed to actually having it happen. I hope that made sense...

Angel_Reaper
10-15-2003, 03:15 AM
oh no no no. Plez no. I dont want the story to get ruined. I like the game. And besides that Kuja will not be in it probably. :( :o :cry: :tongue:

ShadyMilkman
10-16-2003, 02:02 AM
OH come one! YOu actually think I'd leave KUJA out?!?!?!? He was a character like Beatrix that you get to play with for a short amount of time. He's too awesome to let loose as a fully playable character though.

Angel_Reaper
10-16-2003, 02:16 AM
oh yes, way awesome. I would love to play as Kuja all the time though. :D :D Well acually a main character. Then I get to see him all the......ummm.....nevermind. :greenie: :blush: