PDA

View Full Version : Does it scare you? UNMARED SPOILERS

final boss
09-13-2003, 02:22 AM
Ya know when get the submarine? Does it creep you going underwater? It creeps me out because of Emerald Weapon. Encountering him scares me half to DEATH. Who feels the same way?

Shoyku
09-13-2003, 04:50 AM
Y'darn tootin' it freaked me out. I generally like to stay far away from water scenery in video games, not sure what it is about not being capable of seeing too far ahead that gets to me. It also sucks when Emerald is just hovering behind you as you urgently try to get away from it.

Big D
09-13-2003, 07:43 AM
I love the underwater areas of FFVII's world map. The subdued lighting, the relaxing music, the atmosphere of exploration and discovery. Lots of fun.:)
Emerald Weapon is a nasty pice of work, but I usually see him comin'.

soulICE
09-13-2003, 05:55 PM
what usually makes my heart skip two or three beats is when you leave the galinka(sp?) and there's emerald weapon waiting right there for you.. and if you move forward your forced to battle it.. thats why i usually save before leaving the downed plane just in case ;)

also when im feeling paranoid, i swear that it likes to follow me when im goin around aimlessly :rolleyes2

Cz
09-13-2003, 08:42 PM
I jumped once, when I almost ran right into Emerald heading for te Gelnika. I do quite like the atmosphere down there, though.

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 09:01 PM
I was so scared of emerald that i rarely travelled underwater.Then once when i dived and emerald was just down there...it scared me and i quickly came back to the surface.I was so deathly afraid of emerald that whenever i saw smoke i quickly came back to the surface

Silent Warrior
09-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Well, going below the surface doesn't scare me by itself. I just keep a lookout for Emerald and do everything in my power to stay farther away from it than theoretically possible. Well, after I ran into Emerald the first time, that is. :o

Rainecloud
09-14-2003, 04:11 PM
I ran into Emerald on numerous occasions. A quick press of the reset button followed shortly.

Numisma
09-14-2003, 06:47 PM
i ran into Emerald Weapon once. a couple other times i have come close, but i either was able to quickly scoot out of the way, or i just went back up to the surface. as for when one leaves the Gelnika, if Emerald is right in front of it when you leave, you can still surface without having to fight it. just surface right there in that spot, RIGHT AWAY.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Only when you go downand it's RIGHT BEHIND YOU and you turn around, see it, and piss yourself.

Kenshin IV
09-14-2003, 08:25 PM
Emerald was such a wimp.

Raistlin
09-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Kenshin IV
Emerald was such a wimp.
Emmy is mah bitch.

Though, it was fairly unnerving to submerse and see him right in front of you, though. :D

Breine
09-15-2003, 12:14 PM
It gives me the creeps too. I don´t really know why, but it just does...

Nevermore
09-16-2003, 05:50 PM
Creeps the hell outta me too. It's dark in there, and I can feel a tinge of fear when I see that green thing coming, with his dimly glowing propellors..damn..It's like being in the wods and knowing Jason is in there somewhere.
Hell, yesterday I was underwater, seeking some key or whatever, when I jumped at what I thought was the monster coming, but it was only that thing in the ground..eep.

Halenite
09-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Most of you apparently don't realize that you can run away from Emerald and Ruby Weapons.

Raistlin
09-17-2003, 03:06 AM
That doesn't make the startling revelation of having him suddenly appear right in front of you any less...startling.

Seifer
09-17-2003, 09:00 PM
I just keep the submarine as close to the top as possible while I'm underwater. There's nothing to fear, then. I just float over him and stuff. But there was a few times I jumped because of the big clatter that occurs when you run into him. I wasn't expecting it.

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 11:24 PM
Oh my... You don't know scary until you have come out of the Gelnika and saw that flashing screen. That's right, I had to face Emerald as soon as I left the Gelnika because he was so frickin' close and I couldn't avoid him. I was like "Oh, crap! What did I get myself into?!"