PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Seiken?

a_priebe47
09-13-2003, 04:00 AM
I was just wondering if Steiner's moves are the equivalent of Beatrix's Seiken. For instance, I'm weilding the Rune Blade (Ultima Sword) and have the lai Strike. Is this the equivalent of Stock Break? In the weapons section of FFIX (this site) it says the Ultima Sword teaches Stock Break. So in otherwords, is Lai Strike the same as Stock Break?

Big D
09-13-2003, 07:47 AM
No. Iai Strike is useless due to a near-100% Miss rate.
Stock Break, on the other hand, kicks bottom.
Stock Break and Shock are two of Steiner's most powerful moves.

Sefie1999AD
09-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Out of Beatrix's Seiken techs, Steiner gets Thunder Slash, Stock Break, Climhazzard and Shock. I think Stock Break was pretty good in my first game, but not the best move. It did about 5000-6000 damage. Steiner always misses the Thunder Slash for me. I think Climhazzard is Steiner's best attack because it does 9999 damage to all enemies. Shock does 9999 damage to one enemy, and it costs more MP, so that's why I prefer Climhazzard.

BTW has anyone ever noticed that Climhazzard is Cloud's limit break in FF7, and Shock is General Leo's special attack?

Cz
09-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Just another of FFIX's myriad references to past games.

I actually found shock to be a very useful move in Memoria. It's easier learned than Climhazzard, and very effective against the four fiends, Kuja and Necron.

ShadyMilkman
09-13-2003, 03:02 PM
I think I remember hearing somewhere that Seiken is the same as Sword Skill, but combined with Holy element. That's probably why it seemed stronger than Steiner's usually, because of the combination with Holy magic. But, to be honest, I didn't really like Steiner much at all anyway. I found him to be the character that did big damage without doing much work at all. Climhazzard and Shock cost ALOT of Mp.... which Steiner doesn't have much of anyway. So, I stuck to Frog catching, Amethyst collecting, stealing, and Grand Dragon killing in order to power up moves that cost less. And I usually preferred Amarant over Steiner when I needed a tough-guy character to absorb some damage. Mainly because No Mercy is just as strong as shock anyway. And because Amarant can use Chakra.

Sefie1999AD
09-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ShadyMilkman
I think I remember hearing somewhere that Seiken is the same as Sword Skill, but combined with Holy element.

Seiken is Japanese and means 'Holy Sword'. The title Seiken Densetsu means 'Legend of the Holy Sword', or like The Man always translates it, 'Holy Sword Legend'.

Flare_Star
09-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Black Mage 121
I actually found shock to be a very useful move in Memoria. It's easier learned than Climhazzard, and very effective against the four fiends, Kuja and Necron.

i found climhazzard easier to learn, and it does around the same amount as damage as shock if you level up PLUS it uses up less mp. so overall a better move?

a_priebe47
09-13-2003, 07:03 PM
Cool. What weapon's can I get those Stock Break, ThunderSlash, Climhazzard and shock from? I have the Ultima Sword (Rune Blade) but yeah, it only gives me lai. Hopefully it's not excalibur II... btw, has anyone here gotten excalibur II with out any modifiers?

Sefie1999AD
09-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Flare_Star
i found climhazzard easier to learn, and it does around the same amount as damage as shock if you level up PLUS it uses up less mp. so overall a better move?

Climhazzard. Especially since it lets you target all foes. Very useful against enemies like Yans.

Originally posted by a_priebe47
Cool. What weapon's can I get those Stock Break, ThunderSlash, Climhazzard and shock from? I have the Ultima Sword (Rune Blade) but yeah, it only gives me lai. Hopefully it's not excalibur II... btw, has anyone here gotten excalibur II with out any modifiers?

I haven't even heard about Iai Strike. Ragnarok teaches you Shock. Excalibur teaches you Climhazzard. IMHO, Excalibur and Climhazzard are easier to get than Ragnarok and Shock. That's because you get Excalibur just by buying 4 items from Treno Auction House (and then selling them), but you need to do a lot of Chocobo stuff to get Ragnarok.

You get Stock Break from the Ultima Sword and Thunder Slash from both Defender and Ragnarok. BTW Ultima Sword and Rune Blade aren't the same thing.

TheSpoonyBard
09-16-2003, 12:06 PM
I know this is detracting from the subject a little, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a list of all Steiner's swords, the abilities they learn, and where/how to obtain them? I'm planning on starting a new game shortly and I want to make sure I don't miss anything out.

ShadyMilkman
09-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Go to Gamefaqs.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have everything your heart could desire. >_<