PDA

View Full Version : Teh best Emerald method yet(maybe slight Spoilers)

Brian The Pink Shark
09-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Ok here it is my tried and tested method of beating Emerald weapon easy.

First make sure you have at least two mimes and one nights of the round, and of course underwater materia.

Make sure one of your charachters has only 2 materias, and if possible, connect KOTR with hp absorb.

Now when you go into battle imediatly summon Kotor and get the others to mime, if you have less than three mimes, just skip those that don't have it. After a while if the person with only 2 materias is at full health(9999) when he uses Air Tam Storm, that person will go into all Luckey Sevens and Emerald will be dead in a few minutes.

It worked for me

Also if you have cait sith with his Slots Limit then use him in your party(make sure he has a limit)and use Slot, repeatedly push square(note not in the PC version)and get the combo that is instant death for the enemy(I think it is Triple Skulls).

I don't know if this works but I will try it on Ruby soon.

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 06:46 PM
it wont work on ruby... he has no 1111x? attacks.

Use my tactic on ruby.

Equip luck materia on the guy you want to live,with kotr-hp absorb,ribbon and final attack-Phoenix,hp pluses,W-Summon and some other powerful summon linked to MP absorb

On one of the other char equip big guard that u get from Beachplugs along with running shoes.

Save and in the battle cast big guard,when that pimp uses whirlwind pray that guy you wanted to live lives,if not restart.Do it as long as the guy you want to live,lives

In the battle the tentacles are pathetic and cant do anything to you because of the ribbon,use W-Summon,Kor and ull be untouchable.When ur getting low on mp use the other powerful summon (Hades for example since it paralyzes too) to restore mp,just keep pummeling away and that imp will fall.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-14-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by MagicKnight Locke
it wont work on ruby... he has no 1111x? attacks.

I meant my second method(the cait sith one)

Zeratul
10-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Good emerald plan but woudn't be better with W-summon?

Brian The Pink Shark
10-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Zeratul
Good emerald plan but woudn't be better with W-summon?

At the time I was going to get w-summon for the battle,but i had been training for a while and so decided to at least try emerald(when I only had the above materias)it was actually accidental how it happened

Advent Child
10-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by MagicKnight Locke
Save and in the battle cast big guard,when that pimp uses whirlwind pray that guy you wanted to live lives,if not restart.Do it as long as the guy you want to live,lives
if you just kill 2 of your party members he can't whirlwind you. you can hfight with everyone

DarkNation
10-02-2003, 10:51 PM
The easiest way to beat ruby weapon is to first go into the fight with only one character alive.
Then equip that character with KOTR linked to HP absorb and master summon (obtained from beating emerald or by the really long way..) linked to MP absorb.
Also equip that character with a ribbon and do nothing but cast KOTR. Pretty simple really.....

Lost
10-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by DarkNation
The easiest way to beat ruby weapon is to first go into the fight with only one character alive.
Then equip that character with KOTR linked to HP absorb and master summon (obtained from beating emerald or by the really long way..) linked to MP absorb.
Also equip that character with a ribbon and do nothing but cast KOTR. Pretty simple really.....

1. Linking Master Summon with MP absord won't work.
2. Everytime you use KotR, Ruby retals with Ultima, so you'll be dead before he will.

It's easier to use Hades (which casts stop on him), then use KotR + Mime, this way Ruby can't retal with Ultima. But first config the game to 'wait' instead of 'active', so that his 'stop' status doesn't periodically go down while KotR is summoned. This way you can cast a good four KotR before Ruby 'awakes'

BG-57
10-03-2003, 02:35 PM
I usually use an E-skill materia with Ruby as well. Big Guard and White Wind are handy spells to cast between KOTR.

DarkNation
10-05-2003, 12:25 AM
1. Linking Master Summon with MP absord won't work.
2. Everytime you use KotR, Ruby retals with Ultima, so you'll be dead before he will.

Wow, you are so amazingly wrong!
Linking master summon with MP absorb DOES work! Try it if you dont believe me!
As for point 2, why do you think i said to link KOTR with HP absorb?
Every time you cast KOTR you get your HP and MP back.
You also get MP back when you use Phoenix by the way.

BTW, if you use w-summon, the fight is even easier again....

my way is by far the easiest way to beat ruby. Theres no point in coming up with drawn out ways to beat the weapons when in reality they are so easy.....

Erdrick Holmes
10-05-2003, 12:34 AM
Ok do what I did, get Cait sith on your team, get his Slot limit break all ready to use, save then go fight him, then use it and hope that it all comes up with Mr. Siths face shows up, repeat till you got it. Thats what I did.

wax
10-05-2003, 01:10 AM
My emmy method was really really involved, but worked...
I used Vincent, Cid, and Cloud (duh)
1st, I got all the ultimate weapons and level 4 limit breaks. Then, I built up even more BP in the battle arena until I had bought 99 Starduts (which cast comet-2, i think).
2nd I went to north crater and fought Blue Dragons until i had 99 megalixers

These two steps are a hell of a lot easier if you use the item cloning trick, which i didn't know about at the time.

3rd, i equipped nil materia, Cid had KotR and HP Plus, Vincent had Mime and HP Plus, Cloud had Hp Plus underwater, and W-item.
4th I went out, and beat the crap out of my characters to get thier HP to below 154, and equipped a cat's bell, when their HP hit 154, i would un-equip it and get into an easy battle and cast demi-2 on that character, bringing his HP to 77, i would have used cat's bell, but it only goes to even numbers. Then, hi-potions and potions would bring that person up to 7777. I did this with all 3 characters.
When the battle finally started, i did nearly 500,000 damage from the lucky 7s, then I cast KotR and mimed it. After that, every single character would use a megalixer on thier turn, except cloud, who would use megalixer and stardust. After all the "eyes" were dead, I used omnislash and killed that big green mofo.

Ruby was easy, cloud had Final Attack-Phoenix along with Hades and a coulpe other things, and Vincent had master magic, Cid had Master Summon and some other stuff. I started off with Vincent and Cid dead. Then, i just waited and after cloud died and phoenix resurrected all 3 characters, I cast Hades, then KotR, and Bahamut Zero and other stong stuff. It was pretty easy.

Shyguy
10-08-2003, 02:21 AM
Cloud - hp absorb|KotR, Final attack|pheonix, counter|mime, Hp plus W-summon

Tifa - Mime|Hp plus, underwater materia

Cid - Mime|Hp plus

i beat emerald in a few Kotr (ps he didnt even have a chance to do the one move that hurts based on your materia) since you cast kotr twice thats 18000 hp back, after that just keep using the mime command on everyone and eventually emerald will be dead.

Blackphoxx
10-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Cloud - hp absorb|KotR, Final attack|pheonix, counter|mime, Hp plus

Tifa - Mime|Hp plus, underwater materia

Cid - Mime|Hp plus

Had almost the exact same thing. Put the double and triple AP weapons and armor on them along with Sprint Shoes and the Tough Ring, cause I only had two shoes. Mime after Mime....
Emerald managed to get ONE shot off, but it did next to nothing.

Ruby was slightly trickier, but I think I came up with a way that works wonders.

Do the same ol kill the other two before goin in....
Cloud gets Imperial Armor (I think), lots of linked slots
Rune Blade for double AP
Ribbon for those flippin status attacks...

Walked in with TWO Kotr. Had one linked to MP Absorb, the other to HP Absorb.
Hades is very helpful
W Summon
Mime
HP Plus
Magic Plus
Speed Plus with remaining room....

Ruby sticks his hands in the sand and it's go time.
W Summon Hades first to stop him, then Kotr. Yes, Hades DOES Stop him......the extra Magic gurantees that Kotr hits 9999 each Knight and with Hades, there's no Ultima counter from Ruby.
The two absorbs were attached in case Ruby managed to sneek an HP or MP smack on me.

Went down with little effort......

Got hints and ideas from this forum and a few others...gracias!

Liquid Glass
10-11-2003, 05:42 AM
Ruby
---------
Cloud= final-attack,phonix|mime|KOTR|E-skill|hp-plus|Hades|w-summon{also cloud's limit was ready}

Okay, you start off with your other 2 characters dead, and go use Eskill, shortly afterward, his claws will come up, Ominslash those then mime omislash until they go back in, the W-summon KOTR with Hades, {hades first} then continue this until Ruby dies.

PS: you dont have to omnislash the claws, but its fun.

I have yet to beat emmy...

Erdrick Holmes
10-11-2003, 05:51 AM
Oh and when emerald gets those yellow and blue orbs on his shoulders summon KOTR immediatly to blow those orbs away, thenif that never worked then have somebody mime it, if even one of those orby thingies still lives then he does Air Tam Storm and kills all 3 guys in one hit. Also be sure to get the enemy skill materia set with the E skill called 'Big Guard' gives Barrier/MBarrier /haste to all allies.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-13-2003, 03:18 PM
For Emerald I used My One KoTR and my One Mime and My One Quadra Magic and a whole lot of Gravity Materia

I linked A gravity and Quarda On One Person.... With at least one Gravity on Everyone.

Mime On one Person

And KoTR on Another Person.

Also I used My enemy Skill Materia For healing (One on each person) Cuz White Wind and Angel Whisper are the True MAD SKILLZ on the Enemy Skill Materia.

And of Course UnderWater Materia....Or I'D Drown...

Raistlin
10-16-2003, 01:09 AM
For Ruby:

Enter the battles with two characters dead. When Ruby puts his claws in the sand, cast Phoenix. The other two characters are revived.

Then, cast W-Summon + 2x Hades to freeze Ruby and his tentacles. Then, blow him away with whatever the hell you want. It helps to have at least 4 stars on Hades(better yet, just beat Emmy first and get a Master Summon) so you can freeze them again.

Materia Keeper
10-21-2003, 03:56 AM
I was thinking as I read all this, Phoenix revives all characters, no? Does Ruby not care that she's suddenly outnumbered and sweeps two people away? I might try that tonight.

Emerald was the biggest piece of cake I have ever fought. If it was supposed to be difficult, then, well, I guess I'm just special or something...

Quite simple.

Cloud: KoTR-MP Abosrb:Mime-HP plus:enemy skill-Wsummon:final attack-Phoenix

Cid: counter-mime(hilarious, by the way): final attack-Phoenix:HP Plus

Red: mime-HP Plus:enemy skill: final attack-Phoenix

I think that was it. It took about 18 minutes. about 16-18 KoTRs. I also had a higwind and an Omnislash lined up, so he was pretty dead. It was pretty funny, cause I spent about 6 hours fighting magic pots and movers trying to get three final attacks, and I never used them.
Counter with mime was pretty hilarious, though. all of a sudden Cid popped up and blasted Emmy with two more KoTRs. I wsan't really paing attention to anything but solitaire, but it was kinda neat. Good combo for battle square, too.

ForeverZeroUltima
11-09-2003, 02:27 AM
heh...
i actually beat both of them WITHOUT the Final Attack materia.
against emerald, i had all of them at 8500 hp or more, i had cloud w-summon KOTR (which was connected with HP absorb, so cloud gained 8000 hp when he used it), and Phoenix. then i had everyone mime (which was connected with Counter). i suppose it woulda been easier if i had cloud use omnislash at the begiinning and then use him to keep miming it.
against ruby, i had yuffie and vincent dead, and summoned phoenix right away. if any of the tentacles attacked and gave me statuses, i had cloud and vincent cure them. then i used yuffie to w-summon Hades and KOTR (since Hades parylyzes ruby and ruby can only be damaged by non-elemental summons, like the bahamuts and KOTR). then i mimed all the way.

Cloud_AA
11-10-2003, 06:05 PM
I found a pretty easy wasy to beat Ruby. Go in with 2 people dead and attach a Mystile armor to the last person and give them final attack - revive, KotR, W-summon, mime, and make sure they have a ribbon on. Since mystile has an evasion rate of around 60% u almost never get hit by Ultima so pound away on him KotR until hes dead.

Emerald i dont even use the timer anymore just put 16 mastered counter attacks or as many as u want but make sure they are all mastered on the ultimate weapon on Barret with his ultimate weapon. When barret gets hit he will counter with 16 attacks of 9999. it doesnt take to long for him to go down this way, especially if u mime the counter attacks. Make sure some1 has final attack phoenix just in case.

Sefie1999AD
11-10-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Cloud_AA
Emerald i dont even use the timer anymore just put 16 mastered counter attacks or as many as u want but make sure they are all mastered on the ultimate weapon on Barret with his ultimate weapon. When barret gets hit he will counter with 16 attacks of 9999. it doesnt take to long for him to go down this way, especially if u mime the counter attacks. Make sure some1 has final attack phoenix just in case.

That's a good tactic. However, doesn't it take forever to master 16 counter attacks since you can't even buy them? And if Emerald Weapon uses Aire Tam Storm, it will do 16*1111 damage (9999 due to the damage cap) to the character who has 16 counter attacks equipped.

Cloud_AA
11-10-2003, 07:00 PM
it does take quite a long time but fighting the pots in the Final Dungeon gets them pretty quick. and u gotta make sure some1 has a final attack phoenix so if he gets off his tram attack barret will be revived

Brian The Pink Shark
11-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Cloud_AA
it does take quite a long time but fighting the pots in the Final Dungeon gets them pretty quick. and u gotta make sure some1 has a final attack phoenix so if he gets off his tram attack barret will be revived

I got that info from another site, but getting elixers is hard, so it's best to fight the Movers in the final dungeon, the take a while to find but the give you much more ap(about 2000) than magic pots

Sefie1999AD
11-10-2003, 08:03 PM
You can get Elixirs by stealing them from Master Tonberries in the final dungeon. Magic Pots also dwell in the same place, so getting Elixirs from Master Tonberries and returning to Magic Pots won't take long. Master Tonberries are very dangerous, though.

it doesnt take to long for him to go down this way, especially if u mime the counter attacks.

Will he mime all the 16 attacks? I'd think he'd mime only the last single counter attack and attack only once.

This strategy sounds a lot more interesting than using tons of KotR's, so I guess I'll try it next time. For getting lots of AP (Double-Triple Growth) for all the Counter Attack materias, what is a good equipment for that? I know Apocalypse and Scimitar have Triple Growth, but is there anything else that is useful?

Cloud_AA
11-10-2003, 08:09 PM
i use rune armlets they are the best and a party with Yuffie - her highest double AP weapon
Cloud - Apoc
Cid - Scimitar

but yes im pretty sure if u mime it will do all the counter attacks cause the first time i did i think i recall being very upset until i realized i beat Emmy in like 10 mins cause u dont have to wait for the long scene w/ every KotR. I liek this way cause it saves MP for the final attack revives and such

and if i havent completely forgotten everything i think u can get more Counter attacks from Chocobo racing as prizes but im not sure on that it might only be counters

Goldenboko
08-05-2006, 11:17 PM
I've been doing that forever... where have you been?

Dragon Mage
08-06-2006, 02:11 AM
Wow. Am I the only one that killed Emerald with one person?

Here's what I did:
Before you go to battle Emerald make sure to of your characters are knocked out leaving the one person you plan to use alive.

Equip this person with a Mystile. It doesn't matter what weapon you equip, you won't be hitting Emerald anyway. Maybe sprint shoes if you want to go fast.

Materia: KOTR with HP absorb, W-summon, mime, and HP or MP+, take your pick. No you do not need the underwater materia to do this. I know. I've done it 3 times. If you do drown (unlikely, if you do it right) just start over.

This is how happens. You get to attack immediately since you team mates are knocked out. W-summon KOTR. Mime. And that's it. Don't break the routine our you'll be screwed. HP absorb will get you back to full health each cycle. So you don't have to use any Restore or Mega elixers. BE SURE TO EQUIP ONLY THESE FIVE MATERIA. If you equip any more than you'll die. There will be a timer but if you do it right than you will end up with 50 sum seconds left. You may seem to be cutting it close but actually it's perfect timing.

Goldenboko
08-06-2006, 03:20 AM
Wow. Am I the only one that killed Emerald with one person?

Here's what I did:
Before you go to battle Emerald make sure to of your characters are knocked out leaving the one person you plan to use alive.

Equip this person with a Mystile. It doesn't matter what weapon you equip, you won't be hitting Emerald anyway. Maybe sprint shoes if you want to go fast.

Materia: KOTR with HP absorb, W-summon, mime, and HP or MP+, take your pick. No you do not need the underwater materia to do this. I know. I've done it 3 times. If you do drown (unlikely, if you do it right) just start over.

This is how happens. You get to attack immediately since you team mates are knocked out. W-summon KOTR. Mime. And that's it. Don't break the routine our you'll be screwed. HP absorb will get you back to full health each cycle. So you don't have to use any Restore or Mega elixers. BE SURE TO EQUIP ONLY THESE FIVE MATERIA. If you equip any more than you'll die. There will be a timer but if you do it right than you will end up with 50 sum seconds left. You may seem to be cutting it close but actually it's perfect timing.
No I did that too.

Dell
08-06-2006, 03:56 AM
Emerald:
Cloud: Master Summon/KOTR+HP Absorb, Mime+W-Summon, Phoenix (Mastered), HP Plus+MP Plus (Until his HP reach 9999, and MP 999)
Cid: Master Command, HP Plus+MP Plus (Until his HP reach 9999, and MP 999), Counter+Mime
Barret: Master Magic, HP Plus+MP Plus (Until his HP reach 9999, and MP 999), Mime+AP Plus, Underwater
Ruby:
Cloud: Master Summon+HP Absorb, Mime+W-Summon, Phoenix+Master Magic, HP Plus+MP Plus (*See Above*)
Cid: Master Command+Master Magic, HP Plus+MP Plus (*See Above*), Counter+Mime
Barret: Master Magic+Master Command, HP Plus+MP Plus (*See Above*), Mime+AP Plus
Other slot is filled with the materia I wished to be mastered.

Emerald:
-Doublecast KOTR and Phoenix for safe-play.
or...
-Doublecast KOTR and KOTR for fast-play.

Ruby:
-Starts with Cloud alive and others dead.
-Doublecast KOTR and Phoenix to revive the other two.
Next, continue with...
-Doublecast KOTR and Phoenix for safe-play.
or...
-Doublecast KOTR and KOTR for fast-play.

Since, I have HP Absorb linked with KOTR, the user's HP will be restored everytime after he use KOTR. So, I don't have to worry about Ruby's Ultima.

Dragon Mage
08-07-2006, 07:31 PM
No I did that too.
Oh, Good! Glad to see that I'm not alone. :)
The only trouble I'm having is with Ruby. I can't seem to kill that piece of rusty old junk! But I'm working on it.

Dragon Mage
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
No I did that too.
Oh, Good! Glad to see that I'm not alone. :)
The only trouble I'm having is with Ruby. I can't seem to kill that piece of rusty old junk! But I'm working on it.

Edit: Sorry for the double post everyone. My computer is being a major pain today and won't post right. Sorry again.