PDA

View Full Version : FFTA: What are the characters?

MateriaBladeVII
09-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey guys! I just got FFTA and I started playing. It's actually pretty good. I was a little worried that they weren't going to capture the game well enough on the GBA version. There's just one thing it seems to be missing.

I was just wondering- are there any unique characters that can join the party through the progression of the storyline or performing sidequests in this one like Cloud, Agrias, Mustadio, Rafa, Malak, Orlandu, Meliadoul, Beowulf, Reis, Worker 8, and Byblos did in FFT for PSX?

The only ones I've seen so far are the main characters- Marche, Montblanc, Mewt, and Ritz. Are there any others? Please say yes! :giddy:

Mwork
09-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Yes there are.

Two kinds of special characters, actually.

1.) Normal characters that already know rare abilities. These request to join your clan after missions (if you take a particular quest item with you).

2.) Unique characters, with their own sprites. You get one pre-endgame. The others you can get after you beat the game and load your save file (they let you keep playing, even if you've beaten the final battle).

MateriaBladeVII
09-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Oh- well, that's pretty cool. But do you know who they are and how to get each? Can you provide a name and description for each?

Meow
09-14-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Mwork
(they let you keep playing, even if you've beaten the final battle).

Nice. That's a rare sort of extra in your average game, but yet is so wonderful. Particularly for RPGs.

Mwork
09-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Let's see....

The pseudospecial characters are:

Lini - Moogle Knight - Knows Mog Guard and Ultima Charge - You need to use The Hero Gaol on a mission

Pallanza - Gladiator - Knows Blitz and Ultima Sword - You need to use.....Wyrmstone, I believe.

Cheney - human Hunter - Knows Capture and Ultima Shot - You need to use Snake Shield.

There's also someone you get by using Elda's Cup, but I missed that one.

And you can get two for simply completing missions. One is a Sage, the other a Sniper. I know you are able to get the Sniper by winning that clan league final battle thing, but I'm not sure about the Sage.

....It'd be a big spoiler to list the unique characters, though.....and I've no idea how to work the spoiler tags. =P

MateriaBladeVII
09-15-2003, 03:50 AM
Just type [*spoiler][/spoiler] around it. (take out the *) :giddy:

Mwork
09-15-2003, 10:08 AM
The unique special characters you get are:

Ritz, Shara, Ezel, Babus, and Cid.

Ezel is the one that can be gotten before finishing the game. Simply go to his card shop and Gossip. He'll post a mission. Do it. Then Gossip again, and complete his new mission.

You'll have to wait for the others, though. Once you load your clear-game file, just do some of the new missions, and they'll join.

For Cid, though, you'll first have to complete all 300 numbered missions.

MateriaBladeVII
09-15-2003, 09:28 PM
Cool! Where did you find all this out? I wanna check the walkthrough for those. :D

Mwork
09-15-2003, 09:39 PM
*shrug*
I played, and I found 'em.

MateriaBladeVII
09-16-2003, 01:10 AM
Okay- thats cool. So which Cid is it?

Mwork
09-16-2003, 05:01 AM
Judgemaster Cid. Mewt's dad.

Of course.

MateriaBladeVII
09-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Oh... I was hoping it was the FFVII one... :boohoo:

Oh well. So then Mewt never joins the party??? I thought Marche, Montblanc, Mewt, and Ritz were all playable...

Madonna
09-17-2003, 03:28 AM
I'm not all the way done yet, but to have Ritz join your clan, you have to beat a mission in Lutia Pass. Something about undead bothering travelers.

I find it funny how Mwork hides all the extra characters' names in spoiler tags and then you just name them unspoilered. :p

MateriaBladeVII
09-17-2003, 03:35 AM
lol. Well honestly, I think spoilers are stupid. I mean you're bound to read the spoiler tag anyway if you're reading this thread.

Besides, I'm only naming characters you see in the beginning...

IamTidus
09-19-2003, 04:42 AM
Wow that sounds cool. I really need to get this game. I might this sunday meh Does it have any former FF characters not as playable but like in cameos at all?

MateriaBladeVII
09-19-2003, 04:54 AM
So lemme get this straight:

The only unique playable characters discovered so far are Marche (Human Male), Montblanc (Moogle), Ritz (Human Female), Shara (Viera), Ezel (Nu Mou), Cid (Human Male), and Babus (Nu Mou)? That's a kinda low count! And no Bangaa ones? There has to be! Three Humans, a Moogle, a Viera, and two Nu Mou isn't a very well-balanced group.... And are you serious- Mewt never joins the party? Seems to me like its a kinda low amount compared to the original FFT's count....

Geez. Oh- and I agree with IamTidus. Are there no former FF character cameos at all in this one???

Mwork
09-19-2003, 05:57 AM
Yep. That's the whole list.

And no cameos, either.

MateriaBladeVII
09-19-2003, 09:23 PM
But there simply has to be more! That can't be all! Maybe you just haven't discovered them all yet. I'm gonna check the official guide... :rolleyes2

Mwork
09-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Maybe you won't accept the truth? :p

GogoTheMimic
09-20-2003, 06:22 AM
Why the hell would Mewt join your party?

MateriaBladeVII
09-20-2003, 07:52 PM
Because he's one of the main characters. I dunno- I haven't played it all the way through. Although, he seems to be developing into the antagonist...

Anyways, if that's all of the unique playable characters, then who's this (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ffta/art/ffta-lolo.jpg)?

EDIT: Oh- and I just beat the S.O.S. mission in Koringwood where you help Ritz's Clan. Was that where she was supposed to join the party? Cuz she didn't join mine!

GogoTheMimic
09-20-2003, 08:44 PM
Same thing happened to me. Oh, I can't get that link to work. I tried manually typing in the address but nothing came up.

EDIT: Found it, I *think* that's Mountblac's brother but I'm not sure.

MateriaBladeVII
09-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Looks to me like a unique playable character if I ever saw one! :giddy: A normal Moogle unit- no matter what job it is- always has white fur. This Moogle has dark fur. I haven't seen him yet though so I dunno who he is...

Mwork
09-20-2003, 11:23 PM
It's Montblanc's little Gadgeteer brother, Nono.

He won't join your party.

MateriaBladeVII
09-21-2003, 04:06 AM
Fine then! We'll just see!

Anyways, did I miss my chance to get Ritz or not?

Mwork
09-21-2003, 04:28 AM
No, really, you just do some missions for him. And, later on, he does some Gadgeteering for you. But that's all.

Anyway, no, you didn't miss your chance. All of the uniques (except Ezel) are only obtainable after you load your endgame data.

MateriaBladeVII
09-21-2003, 05:02 AM
But maybe Nono's like Ezel and joins you after doing some of his missions.

Mwork
09-21-2003, 05:29 AM
Once he helps you out after the missions, he pretty much disappears from the game.

But go check out a good FAQ. Maybe you'll believe it.

Madonna
09-21-2003, 09:44 AM
MB, if you read my earlier post, you would know where you get Ritz.

MateriaBladeVII
09-22-2003, 12:57 AM
Guess who checked the guidebook today? ME! And HA! Nono is counted with one of the playable characters. They didn't say how you could get him though... (I didn't have enough time- I only thumbed through it in the store.)

Mwork
09-22-2003, 01:24 AM
People can't read very well just skimming through a book.

Rydia
10-12-2003, 07:44 PM
I wanna play as the little disabled boy......

omnitarian
10-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Quit doubting Mwork. Those are the only 5.

MateriaBladeVII
10-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Ahem- I'm just messing with Mwork. Geez. I already said that. Although, I think it was on the other thread. Oh well. Just take note of that.

Lemme just clarify this: Mewt, Nono, Doned, Remedi, nor Llednar can join the party by normal means. However, I do have Nono in mine- due to the help of Gameshark. He's nothing special. Just like a normal moogle unit. So stop arguing about this stuff!

Mwork
10-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by omnitarian
Quit doubting Mwork. Those are the only 5.

Show me where I doubted.

I actually said Nono doesn't join. Several times.

omnitarian
10-13-2003, 06:29 PM
Perhaps I could have phrased that better.

I meant "Quit doubting what Mwork says", not "Mwork, quit doubting." My bad.

Mwork
10-13-2003, 10:45 PM
Ah. Gotcha. :)

Looking back at the post, I don't see how I could've misread it..... =/

crono_logical
11-03-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by MateriaBladeVII
The only unique playable characters discovered so far are Marche (Human Male), Montblanc (Moogle), Ritz (Human Female), Shara (Viera), Ezel (Nu Mou), Cid (Human Male), and Babus (Nu Mou)? That's a kinda low count! And no Bangaa ones? There has to be! Three Humans, a Moogle, a Viera, and two Nu Mou isn't a very well-balanced group.... And are you serious- Mewt never joins the party? Seems to me like its a kinda low amount compared to the original FFT's count....I'd treat Ritz more as a Viera than a human really :p

StarlightAngel
07-29-2004, 07:09 AM
So lemme get this straight:

The only unique playable characters discovered so far are Marche (Human Male), Montblanc (Moogle), Ritz (Human Female), Shara (Viera), Ezel (Nu Mou), Cid (Human Male), and Babus (Nu Mou)? That's a kinda low count! And no Bangaa ones? There has to be! Three Humans, a Moogle, a Viera, and two Nu Mou isn't a very well-balanced group.... And are you serious- Mewt never joins the party? Seems to me like its a kinda low amount compared to the original FFT's count....

Incase you don't remember, Pallanza is a Baanga that you get with the Wyrmstone.

d20{fx}
07-29-2004, 08:09 AM
Incase you don't remember, Pallanza is a Baanga that you get with the Wyrmstone.

Yes but i think he was talking about the unique ones with their own skins.U know the main characters? :)

StarlightAngel
07-30-2004, 07:19 AM
ah.

Del Murder
08-01-2004, 05:56 PM
No need to respond to a post made last November. *close*