PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Eiko?

Garnet_Alexandros
09-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Do you like Eiko?If not ,why?

MagicKnight Locke
09-13-2003, 07:03 PM
I wished Eiko and vivi'd get together but they aint so i HATE stupid Eiko

a_priebe47
09-13-2003, 07:05 PM
Well, when it comes to summoning huge eidolons, Garnet takes the cake. However, Eiko does have some useful eidolons like Carbuncle. Her Trance isn't all that great and her physical attacks are not great either. Then again, she is a magic user. Overall, I don't really use Eiko. Nah, don't like her.

Garnet_Alexandros
09-13-2003, 08:41 PM
I think she's cute!

Zantetsuken !!!
09-13-2003, 09:08 PM
Eiko is very usefull, she goes like the second white mage in the party so as the second caller on the party, im saying that if u use Dagger on the party, Eiko can also cast Holy and thats nice but the best point of having Eiko in your party is that if u combine Eiko with Garnet you will always keep your HP high and u can kick the enemy arse with the Almighty Odin or just cast that Holy spell, Anyways Eiko is not useless and if you insist to say that try to play with this party Zidane ( obvious), Dagger, Eiko and Freya, using this party nothing will be hard hard.

Xander
09-14-2003, 02:11 AM
I liked little Eiko! She was sweet and funny and a moogle lover like myself :p

I liked using her in battles mainly for Holy and Madeen, or her curative magic. But I would prefer to use Garnet usually in a fight.

Oh but it's funny how she wiggles from side to side in the battles :D

Divina
09-14-2003, 03:09 AM
Eiko. I used to not like her, but after beating Ozma last night with her in my party, I found her very useful. Her curative magic's better than Garnet's, and her Phoenix summon was very useful. After beating Ozma, my opinion toward Eiko has changed.

GrimmReaper
09-14-2003, 03:59 AM
Eiko is great! I've usually had her in my party with Armant, and Garnet (and Zidane ofcourse)..they prove to be an unstoppable force for me.

UltimaSepheroth
09-14-2003, 05:33 AM
Eiko,
kinda reminds me of Rydia from ff4(2)

Storm
09-14-2003, 07:05 AM
Eiko is great in battle, as she has many effective white magic spells that Garnet did not have. However, her personality was intolerable.

ShadyMilkman
09-28-2003, 12:42 AM
I'm talking purely battle here. I found Eiko to be a million times superior to Garnet. While Garnet has more powerful summon attacks, she takes up time, effort, and much more MP than Eiko. The Phoenix is the ultimate summon in my eyes. Plus, with 99 phoenix pinions in your inventory, you've got a 99/256 chance of getting fully revived even after being completely obliterated! Don't quote me on that fraction though. Fenrir isn't nearly as powerful/useful as Madeen of Holy, but it's fun to watch Millenial Decay anyways. Her white magic is superior because she is more curative while Garnet focuses alot on status spells. My best lineup possible is Freya, Quina, Eiko, and Amarant. But with Zidane, I usually exclude Freya from the equation.

Psychotic
09-28-2003, 02:16 PM
I didn't really use her in battle, but out of battle I thought she was pretty funny.

Lord Xehanort
09-28-2003, 04:24 PM
I despise her because she acts just as retarded as Aeris'! 'Don't you just wanna eat my food all the time?' I wish that Kuja would have killed her! Maybe that's why I never used summons and beat the final bosses using Zidane, Vivi, Stiener and Quina.

Breine
09-28-2003, 04:40 PM
I like her personality. And, yeah, I think she's cute :D

ivory
10-18-2003, 02:42 AM
annoying. period. all she does is whine!

however, she is way better than garnet in battle.
Eiko and Garnet would be a cute couple until Eiko gets older. she would be way taller than him and vivi would still be the same. btw, how did vivi get all those vivi juniors? who was the mother?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-18-2003, 08:48 AM
I love Eiko, which is precisely why I can't use her in battle. How could I possibly risk some enemy harming her sweet, wispy little figure? I tell you now, sir, that I could never.

Heath
10-18-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Divina
Eiko. I used to not like her, but after beating Ozma last night with her in my party, I found her very useful. Her curative magic's better than Garnet's, and her Phoenix summon was very useful. After beating Ozma, my opinion toward Eiko has changed.

I agree. The Phoenix summon, Carbunkle and Holy are the reasons I sometimes take Eiko over Garnet in my FFIX games. I find them both great in battle and her personality isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

The Man
10-18-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by UltimaSepheroth
Eiko,
kinda reminds me of Rydia from ff4(2) I think she's supposed to.

Anyway, I pretty much agree with Psychotic. Actually, she's probably a better healer than Dagger, who I've been using mostly for healing stuff, but she isn't as leveled up, so I don't use her as much (lazy me). Her "Double White" ability in Trance is certainly quite nice; then again, so is Dagger's constant summoning of random Eidolons during battle while she's in Trance. So it's hard for me to pick.

Also, Kishi's post made me laugh, as usual. ;)

Shoeberto
10-19-2003, 04:20 AM
Eiko is DUMB and SUCKS and DUMB.

Angel_Eyes
10-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ivory
Eiko and Garnet would be a cute couple until Eiko gets older.

I hope that was a typo :eek:

I like Eiko. She was funny :D And kinda sweet

Flare_Star
10-21-2003, 09:03 PM
i never used eiko at ALL. exept in one strange team in my first time playing the game. i also did not like her at ALL.

Materia Keeper
10-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Words cannot express how much I hate Eiko. I absolutely despise her. She is virtually incapable of doing damage. Holy and Madeen just don't cut it. Carbuncle was useful against the Obelisk thing in Kuja's desert palace. I would much rather use Garnet, seeing as how she is strong, and has just as much curative magic. Plus, Eiko's a bratty little kid, whereas Garnet is a fox.:love:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ivory
Eiko and Garnet would be a cute couple until Eiko gets older.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that was a typo, too. :mog:

Imperia
10-22-2003, 07:01 PM
I don't know why everybody hates the child characters so much when it comes to RPGs and anime (even though this is a game). It's not their fault they're weaker than the grown-ups, it's natural that they are. As for brattiness, that's a common trait in children. I don't see what's the big deal.

As for my opinion on Eiko, I think she's cute and adorable. The reason why she acts bratty is because she's lonely, and I feel a lot of sympathy for her. She's a great white mage, and to me, she was VERY helpful in the final battle. So no, Eiko is not at all useless. All of the characters have their own special ability and have a part into the story. Even if it doesn't seem like it.

Garnet_of_Alexandria
10-25-2003, 02:42 AM
I think She is very cute. I always use her in battle. ;)

FinalFantasy_89
11-23-2003, 09:38 AM
She may be bratty but that doesn't affect the way she battles. Full Life and Holy are useful.

little devil
05-27-2004, 01:41 PM
i like her & its funny when she chats up Zidane

aeris2001x2
05-27-2004, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=Materia Keeper]Words cannot express how much I hate Eiko. I absolutely despise her. She is virtually incapable of doing damage. Holy and Madeen just don't cut it. Carbuncle was useful against the Obelisk thing in Kuja's desert palace. I would much rather use Garnet, seeing as how she is strong, and has just as much curative magic. Plus, Eiko's a bratty little kid, whereas Garnet is a fox.:love:

eiko can do 9999 hp damage easily with holy last time i checked. in battle they r pretty much equal.

Ultima Shadow
05-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Trance= dubble white magic+ holy 2times= nearly 20.000 damage in one move. Ofcourse Vivi can do the same.

Del Murder
05-28-2004, 04:54 AM
This thread is too old, though I am quite fond of Eiko.