PDA

View Full Version : Fastest time you beat FF VII

metCloud
09-13-2003, 11:33 PM
What Was Your fastest time from begining to final showdown with sephiroth??

Big D
09-13-2003, 11:43 PM
Roughly 27 hours... however, I'm sure I could get it down to less than 24 by skipping a few side-quests.

'Speed records' are entertaining, but they spoil the game slightly by forcing you to skip a lot of 'deep stuff', in my opinion.

metCloud
09-13-2003, 11:59 PM
Yes it does spoil alot of the game. the first time i played FF VII it took me forever to beat. ive beat it around 4 times now and the last time i beat it i tryed to rush threw it to see how fast i could do it. it took close to 29 hrs. DAMN I LOVE THIS GAME!! woohoo

Lehteb
09-14-2003, 01:06 AM
has anyone ever done that FF7 challenge? where you try and beat it in a single 24 hour day (start and end at midnight)

i was going to this summer, but never got around to it.

Xander
09-14-2003, 01:57 AM
It always seemed really amazing to me how people could beat it so quickly. I'm sure they did but it takes me so long (FFVII and other FF's) and I don't even level up loads. :confused:

I don't think there's much point trying to beat it in a day, well unless you want to just so you can say "I beat it in 24 hours!". I think it's a much more admirable task to see how long you can play it for *applauds masumune1287's 500hrs on FFX* :D

However answering the question the first time through FFVII took me about 45 hours which I thought seemed pretty quick compared to my 91 hrs on FFIX and 107 on FFX.

Strider
09-14-2003, 02:42 AM
The one time I've beaten the game, it took me somewhere around 50 hours to beat it. I spent too much time looking for Junon because I didn't know where it was.

Don't laugh.

Cz
09-14-2003, 06:43 PM
35-40 hours. I left out a few sidequests, but I levelled up considerably, so the time rather surprised me.

Numisma
09-14-2003, 06:55 PM
okay, i suck. i've NEVER won the damn game. i've played it in 3 separate save files, but once i'm partway through the northern creater, i get bored, super paranoid about the instant death monsters, and then i start thinking "i bet i could get through the earlier parts of the game faster..." or "i wanna try getting someone else as Cloud's date" or "damn, there are some things i missed that i can't go back for", so i just start over. i uh... i've really racked up the hours, though, from leveling up getting people's limit breaks and also from the chocobo racing/KOTR materia sidequest... one two save files, Cloud's at level 80-90 something, and i don't recall the number of hours.... but quite a damn few.

Raistlin
09-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Lehteb
has anyone ever done that FF7 challenge? where you try and beat it in a single 24 hour day (start and end at midnight)

i was going to this summer, but never got around to it.

Yeah, I've done that.

Anyways, I went through this long-ass competition with a friend(Martin) from FFWA(another FF board) a while back. We were seeing who could beat FF7 the fastest. We beat each other's times 6 or 7 times, at least. I think my lowest one was under 13 hours(like 12:45 or something). And if I remember correctly, he beat that. :mad:

DJ Zero
09-14-2003, 10:23 PM
My clock hit 99:99:99 and stopped. Happened to my friend too. Chocobo Racing was just too addicting to us. Second time I got around 60 hours though, I think, and that was with generous amounts of Cid-Snowboarding and Chocobo Racing.

You gotta love the mini-games.

Well, you don't have to, but it's recommended.

Xander
09-14-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
We beat each other's times 6 or 7 times, at least. I think my lowest one was under 13 years

13 years?? *laughs* I think that must be the record for the longest FF7 play ever ;)
I'm guessing you meant 13 hours? In which case.. I just can't see how it's possible it seems really impossible what with the lengths of random battles, boss fights, cut scenes, and so on but.... I can't say anything I haven't tried it. *Shrug*

Raistlin
09-15-2003, 01:42 AM
xD I meant hours. *dies* *edits*

Hehe...In the space of about a year, our "lowest times" dropped from ~16-17 hours down to 12-something. And yes, it is possible. Strategic leveling up(contrary to popular belief, 10 minutes or so of leveling up at the right time can actually decrease the total time), skipping out on things that most people don't even know you can(disk 1, Nibelheim: you don't need to go into the Shinra Mansion, you can head straight for the mountains), and lots and lots of practice make under 16 or so hours very possible. Oh, yeah, and you can't read anything.

Lehteb
09-15-2003, 03:24 AM
12:45!!!

geez, i would never try and do that... way too difficult, i mean, you obviously must have had some real troubles, missing out on so many side quests....

§håd0w
09-17-2003, 11:40 PM
If you skip ALL the FMVs, you can easily get under 13 hours. I managed to beat it in 14:some odd minutes on my 5th go around. Also works for FFIX when gettng Excalibur II. You gotta skip all the FMVs.

nanakixiii
09-18-2003, 06:50 PM
My clock hit 99:99:99 and stopped.

Err, DJ Zero? First of all, the highest it can go it 99:59.59... and secondly, it resets to 0:00.00 after it hits 99:59.59...
So, i burned you basically...

Nevermore
09-18-2003, 07:11 PM
99 hours. :skull::skull::skull::skull: I'm good.

Radje
09-18-2003, 10:23 PM
"6:45 is my best but i didnt really try for speed. *Goes to try*

Raistlin
09-19-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by nanakixiii
Err, DJ Zero? First of all, the highest it can go it 99:59.59... and secondly, it resets to 0:00.00 after it hits 99:59.59...
So, i burned you basically...
Actually, you just made a fool of yourself, since it doesn't. On the PSX version, anyway.

DJ Zero
09-19-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Raistlin
Actually, you just made a fool of yourself, since it doesn't. On the PSX version, anyway.

Ooh. Burn. :D. Thanks for yer help. I was thinking "Wait. So my game was buggy?" but thanks to your quick response. Or something. Anyway, thanks for helpin my ass (and me in general).

i90east
09-19-2003, 03:43 AM
The one time I played through the game, it was 80 hours. No minigames or anything, I just trained for a while. I'd come home from school everyday and spend the whole afternoon training while eating nachos w/ hot cheese and drinking Coke. Yep, that was fun.

NM
09-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Fastest I ever completed the whole game was 22 hrs. That includes getting a gold chocobo and defeating all the Weapons.

nanakixiii
09-20-2003, 03:57 AM
Hmmm... weird. Maybe mine's special:D

Anyways, the Ultimania record is 6:45 or something. Yeah, that's pretty fast.

PS: Did anyone read in the EGM, with the guy that has the license plate that says, "FFVII"? I'm so jealous!!:cry:

Oh, sorry DJ zero. Honest mistake (well, actually, i guess my games is kinda weird...)

§håd0w
09-21-2003, 01:33 AM
My license plate says 'KUJA'

edczxcvbnm
09-21-2003, 07:59 PM
I beat the game in 20 hours my first time through. I didn't miss out on much at all. I found a lot of the side areas in the game like say Dr. Gasts place in the snow area. I just play games fast naturally.

My fastest time has got to be around 14 hours. You just have to find the best place to gain a few fast levels to make boss fights go fast and then you can run away from the rest.

Sephiroth2088
09-24-2003, 01:57 AM
I beat it in 36 hours though I waited 5 years from the first time I played it to the time I bought it

Angel_Reaper
10-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Whithout doing sidequests13 hours, but it was quite challenging when you dont have Knights of the Round, Mime and even Pheonix! Safer Sephiroth man talking about almost kicking my @@@. But it was fun and challenging. (Even though I was calling Safer Sephiroth every name in the book :whoa: )

Masamune: Your license plate says "KUJA" ? :cool: :cool:

FFGreenery
10-12-2003, 07:05 AM
6:45 is a bunch of BS
someone will have to do some research i guess... and find out how long the little movie sences are in the whole game... i say atless 1 hour, plus all the talking u had and all the reading.(its still takes alwhile to keep hitting the X button)

Clouds little story(AT KALM)if u skipped all the reading probably took 15 mins.

Plus the last Jenova and sephy fight would atless take 30 min.... cause i am taking it u were very low lvl when u fought him.

so for as much as i said is a 1:45 of stuff right off the top of my head, and that leaves u with just 5 hours to play everything else..... i just think the math wouldn't add up.
Now i unless u can skip the little movie seens by hitting a button... i haven't played FF7 in awhile now.

when i played, i never went for speed, but my fastest was like 40+ hours
And most FF games take me 40 hours or more

Lost
10-12-2003, 08:51 AM
I beated it in about 40 hours. Got two sets of Master summons, 3 sets of Master Magic, and 3 sets of Master Command. Then I beated emerald and got another set of each masters. Now I got an extra set of Master Command and Magic that no one can use. I did every quest possible and got everything in about 40 hours.

Cloudane
10-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Mine always reaches the end of the clock. Just basically because whenever I go out, or grab food I leave it on.... and as far as I've ever discovered, there's no way to pause it unless you're in the middle of a battle!

§håd0w
10-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Same here. Dumb that you can pause on all the others though.

UNBREAKABLE
10-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Well the first time i did it i cant really say for sure but it was around the 60 hour mark, but i am still playing today and this is the 12th time im going threw it all.

its probably took me so long hte first time cos when i play i like ot play everything, win everything and do everything i possibly can i dont rush final fantasy games at all.

§håd0w
10-22-2003, 10:21 PM
I rush FFIX everytime I replay it. Excalibur 2... 5 times.

Starcrest
10-25-2003, 03:21 AM
26 hours for me, sad, but, i did alot of other stuff to, but, yeah, didnt' spend much time on doing it though